Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

WaterCooler/Breakroom 080210-080216

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I don't know WHY they feel it's neccessary to do that. They used to do the same thing back east in my hometown too until I found myself in the position of running the highway department for a week. I told them to push it down the street, just like you do everywhere else in town! The downtown was the only place they'd do the 'pile & truck later' routine. All it served to accomplish was give 4 guys more overtime. Now that they've seen they can push it outta town just as easily as pile it, that's what they do.

Awww! Is the wittle Marine chilly? What's the temp down there this mornin'? 50*?

I have one that I've offered to sell him Claude. Made for a tractor and never used I don't think. The paint ain't worn offa it at least.

Coffee's surprisingly good this mornin' seein' as how I didn't make it! I'll be back after I get the plowin' done.

chaikwa.

Did you just THINK about telling me? First I heard of it, although I am getting old. I don't see haveing two pennys to rub together til at least afetr spring, but Jerry is looking for one as well. I was eyeballing a couple used ones at the Burnip's when I was picking up the locknut for my hub.

Claude, that would be awesome, but even more awesome would be a loader. That's what the cities use to load the snow. A lot of liability with a blower in town.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
Did you just THINK about telling me? First I heard of it, although I am getting old. I don't see haveing two pennys to rub together til at least afetr spring, but Jerry is looking for one as well.
Um... It was YOU who helped me get it on the haywagon! Come get the dang thing and pay us when you get 2 pennies to rub together! Jeeesh! I shouldn't hafta tell you this stuff!

chaikwa.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I don't know, there's always a lot of crap to drool over down there. Send me a pic, when you get a chance. I can throw a trailer on the jeep and slide down. Thanks. Got a lot of venison left too and you can meet Bailey... maybe Mike'll want a buddy of his own...?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM

Mornin all

Weather broke over night. Up to-10*C this AM and going to -3 this afternoon. By Friday the forecast is +3 and rain, O YEA. That should make driving fun...

Hat nice job on the painting. Should last a while, looks like good paint. Epoxy? With that extra 42hp your really going have to replace the tranny soon.

Geico you could try and sue Ottawa but I don't think you'll get to far. It's the same as yours, up to their eyeballs in debt with no hope of getting out.

Claude has your son got a bad battery? Car troubles in cold weather are a royal pain.

Chris just cut the trees about 5ft off the ground and call it good. Miss all the wire that way.

Guess I should go do something even if it's wrong. Good coffee this AM but the donuts were a tad on the stale side. First time I had one with green icing, that was icing wasn't it?

Have fun and drive safe. Later...
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
i can't wait either...put one those pics on the forum real quick...

photobucket is blocked from work, all i see is a red X.

tell him thanks, does he want some brownies with pecans in them? i know he can't get that local...
They're in my gallery... No, he asked why anyone would ruin perfectly good brownies?
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Awww! Is the wittle Marine chilly? What's the temp down there this mornin'? 50*?
Nope, 52*...
Originally Posted by l jobb
With that extra 42hp your really going have to replace the tranny soon.
I'm gonna call today and see what's up with it...
Old 02-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Got a pic of the deer that are eating the hay by the shop. Usually there are 4 but only 3 showed up this AM. NOOOO it's not in the freezer. Season is not open and that would be poaching, even on my land. And no license either. Don't know how I got two pics of the same thing up but Oh well.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
REALLY old dog

I JOBB -YEA HIS BATTERY IS OK - SOMETHING ISN`T JUST RIGHT AND I THINK IT FLOODS- BUT THERE ARE CARS & TRUCKS SITTING ALL OVER THIS MORNING WITH HOODS UP- ITS BEEN COLD LONG ENOUGH THAT IT IS PUTTING PRESSURE ON ALL VEHICLES
MY TRUSTY OLD RANGER STARTED REALLY SLOW THIS MORNING AND I STARTED TO TAKE OFF WENT ABOUT 10 FEET AND IT STALLED -STARTED REALLY HARD THAT TIME -BUT DID START. TOOK BOY TO WORK AND CAME HOME TOTAL ABOUT 3/4 MILE ROUND TRIP. WENT BACK ON HIS BRAKE AND PICKED HIM UP AND NOW WE`R GOING TO START HIS.
CARS & TRUCKS JUST GETTING TIRED OF WINTER I THINK
DON BACK BLADE ON 8N & SNOW BLOWER ON FRONT WOULD MAKE ASSUME MACHINE FOR YOUR PLACE
SCOTT ARE WE HAVING FUN YET ?
CLAUDE SITTING HERE ON THIS SAC-O-SEEDS
Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
They're in my gallery... No, he asked why anyone would ruin perfectly good brownies?...
whew...that looks sexy....that will match my big marshmallow truck...

?? he must be a yankee. any self respecting southerner knows you put pecans on EVERYTHING.

ain't nothing like a crunchy layers of pecan on a sweet tater pie...

you wanna ride up with me to meet my mamma?
have her make us a BIG sweet tater pie.

layer crust,
layer sweet potatoes
dust'em cinnamon & brown sugar.

repeat until 4 inch pan is almost full.

pour in a can of canned milk

cook till house smells so good you can't stand it.

Originally Posted by l jobb
Got a pic of the deer that are eating the hay by the shop. .
that's an excellent picture.

they cleared 5 acres a mile behind our house last year.
most of the animals that were in there ended up on side of road. sad.

reminds me.
i got CatHead biscuits for lunch....and dirty rice & keilbasa...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
REALLY old dog

Just Picked Boy Up From Work Came Home Put Jumpers On His Car From Ranger -started Right Up - Still Think Its Flooding .
Think It Had Time To Clear And When A Full Battery Hit It Veroom!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
DTR Mom

Hey Great that she got picked !!!!

Way to go Susan!!! better send that package out today to you! Congrats and have FUN!!!!!!! uh? trailer the bike? what's that?!

John, sometin' tossed in for you, stop teasing about the sweet potatoe stuff.
still can't get Mad'sBetter half 'cookin and ideas' outta my head. but no one up here would appreciate that food. have to eat some cajun food all by meself, awwwwww......

good times surprising sis in law; she just had thought why no one visits them in Texas...thought I would have to administer 02 or call the ambulance though when she was still in shock five minutes later and holding her chest....
good pic of that heheh

here are random shots from the back roads. have question? ask.

cold all week here 3-20 degrees. nice to have all wood done but have to shop for the basics. have the Indians from up North coming in this week (THANKS again Mad!)
Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
you wanna ride up with me to meet my mamma?
have her make us a BIG sweet tater pie.
Nope, my plate is kinda full for a while here.

Goin to sea world this weekend it looks like, and then to DC in march. I'm gonna have to cancel a DTR function that I was going to because someone is complaining that I would be gone too much.

Just ate a little snack, bout to take a little nap...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

HEIDI -NICE PICTURES- IS THAT ONE A FEMA EMERGANCY RESPONCE TRUCK?

SURE IS A SHOCKER TO THE SYSTEM TO COME BACK TO THE SNOW & COLD ISN`T IT.
JUST TO CATCH YOU UP WE HAVE PASSED 110 IN MARK LAST WEEK SOME TIME (SNOW THAT IS) WAS WORRIED THAT YA WERE LOST ON ONE OF THOSE GEORGIA SWAMPS THERE FOR A WHILE WHEN NO NOE HERD FROM YA
WELL GET BUISY AND GET THE DRIVE AND PARKING POTS ALL PLOWED OUT AND BACK TO NORMAL.
CLAUDE SITTING HERE ON THIS SAC-O-SEEDS
Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
DTR Mom

too many pics to choose

loved natural, west central florida best. see why MAD made some bucks at installing fencing....so cool to walk to an orange tree and pick and eat in the garden. sad to see so many pawn shops...and know why.

other assorted pics; will post the underwater ones when i get them developed
manatees were absolutely amazing to bond with, no words needed.

eagle picture was at a trash site. beak is deformed from plastic, it did not use right wing. wildlife people were plentiful and super! one call and they were there.

wow Mad and FiverBOB- your state is amazing and beautiful! the paths were kind of scary though, but unspoiled. we would buy land just to keep it that way. did not like Tampa much. gave up on the East Coast, but did see the sunrise and sunset the same day. easy drive. Gulf Coast pic shows reef markers- they are one mile out (LONG swim against the wind!) and only get about 20 feet deep. really do need a boat next time. and better legs for standing up in sand at surf. with 80 pounds of gear. whew

just loved it, great people down there.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
DTR Mom

Wink Thanks Claude! Good Ol Dog!

I checked on email while away but just didn't want to be on a computer like I have to be at home. Thanks for caring though - I haven't heard from Dssicimek Davey in a bit and would worry more there. Geico we just love to hear from every now and then. looked through the bushes up in Ocala at john Travolta's house (police call of papparazzi blocking the gated complex entrance for a community) now THAT's the neighbor for Geico!

would get a lot more done if i shut it off probably but it is nice to hear from other folks in other places! DON'T JUST LOOK- POST here fellas, please.

Sugar mill is for Bruce- Shortround. free , just move it.hheh j/k historic site.

7 degrees out now, wind chill is -25. yes, we should have headed back to Florida but hubby had a dental appointment. boiler doing well heating house back up, son did well keeping it running. we STILL had to fill the wood trailers though---- any advice about motivating a 19 year old, let me know.

got to sort stuff to put away and start the taxes.....
Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
JWBM, tks.

always good to hear from you

you can go to www.photobucket.com, and upload in BULK. like a 100 at a time.

yeah, Mad's wife put on a spread for us.
i don't reckon you noticed i ate half that sweet potato casserole by myself (you were to busy fussing your hubby for eating half the loaf of home made bread)

Mad's wife don't mind me fussing, she knows its all in fun, when i get seconds and thirds. and a doggy bag to go.
she had you a doggy bag, but you pulled out too quick.

wife wants to trailer bike to Florida state line, ride down from there.
i bought her a new (thicker) seat last nite.

Quick Reply: WaterCooler/Breakroom 080210-080216