Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

WaterCooler/Breakroom 080210-080216

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey y'all.

Still fightin' off the . Feel a little too, but made it thru the class I hadda teach this AM.

Afternoon coffee is ready.

chaikwa.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:57 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stop hacking on the donuts and stop whining about a cold...
Old 02-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Afternoon

Snow stopped but the wind has not. Clear skies and the temps are still hovering around the -1*C mark. It would be an awesome day if it wasn't for the wind.

Fronty I also don't diet. Workout at least 4 times a week. I eat what ever I want. Just everything in moderation, well close to it anyway. Once in a while go overboard on what ever craving I get , sweets or salty stuff. Then back to eating normal.

How much did the participants in your class have to pay you so you could infect them with your germs Scott? Nice guy....
Did you wash your hands before you made the last pot??? Maybe you could wear one of those dust masks to control the spray when you sneeze.

j/k...

Later....
Old 02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
REALLY old dog

Just Talked With My Cousin In Bozeman Montana- I Should Go Out There For A Winter Vacation - Said It Was 40 Today- We Havent Had Weather Like That Since Middle Of Nov.
Coffee Foo-foo-yohoo-tea All Hot & Full
Claude Sitting Here On This Sac-o-seeds
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Launchin evenin goodies and yumyums!!! Hope you all have a great night .Cin's is on a roll to do some researchin.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pistol, If you hadn't got rid of BERT, I'd say hook it on down here and I'll load ya up. Got a cord and a half or so out by the splitter and probably 5 or 6 ready to split. Beer's iced down and splitter is full of fuel.
Feet feeling better after a week of misery. Got to love these build by the lowest bidder boots. A brand new pair of Matterhorns arrived today and they feel so good. Nothing worse than hurting feet when you got to be on them all day.
The Brigade starts fly out around the 2nd week of March. MAYBE things will start getting back to some sort of normalcy.
Working up some trips down south to try out some new "toys". Operation (HQ part anyway) has shifted more westward. Actually has cell phone coverage, lots less snakes, and you don't have to drive 45 minutes to get a cold one.
Rain and fog today. More tonight and clearing tomorrow.
Got a retirement seminar the first of March. Getting set up for a full blown physical to see how much broke stuff has accumulated over the last 40 years. May have to make a couple trips to Ft. Sill or Ft. Sam for physical evaluation boards. VA stuff in the works also.
Wife's ready for me to retire. She already has enough projects to keep me and the sawmill busy for a good while. Only requirement is enough hours in the day. Just wondering when I'll have enough time for my own projects.
For any of the "youngsters" out there that may be getting off active duty soon, we're going to have quite a few jobs opening up shortly. They are civil service with good pay. Only thing is that you will have to be in the National Guard also. However, deployments are a good possibility every few years. Looking for aircraft mechanics, vehicle mechanics, and electronics types. I'm looking for a Nav ET/FT type, Army 94A, or Marine 2171 right now.
Been informed that I or the dog can eat my supper, whichever one gets there first, so I better git.

needanapfoodandabeerShortround out
Old 02-16-2008, 08:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by shortround
a Nav ET/FT type, Army 94A, or Marine 2171 right now.
shoot me a PM with your contact info.

i was the Nav ET Dept Chief, i can make a few calls for you.

long day here.

here,
go watch this auction:
10 minutes left,
17 bids so far
3000 visits,
137 people watching it,
about $6k less than it's worth right now, at $14900

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...spagenameZWDVW
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM

96cc on a bike that size is a bit small....
Old 02-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
stop hacking on the donuts and stop whining about a cold...
Sure, no problem... as soon as you lose that half a hundred pounds you been cryin' about all week!

Originally Posted by l jobb
How much did the participants in your class have to pay you so you could infect them with your germs Scott? Nice guy....
Did you wash your hands before you made the last pot???
I didn't 'fect anyone 'cept you guys... I washed my hands right before I sneezed into the pot!

'Nuther pot of fresh germed coffee is ready!

chaikwa.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Im doing what I can.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:48 PM
DTR Mom

Cool new week ahead fellas!

04ctd- I thought you went to daytona man???!!!!! How did the lovely one like hobnobbing with the Harley billionaires? your package was sent out thursday. Hope she likes the top. I am NOT a fashionista........could not pick out a purse to save my life. opted not to try.

hope the Night watchman keeps a close (d) eye on things- them thar doughnuts are not liking all the talk of dieting. they may revolt.

Fronty- son's friend went to aa basebal tryouts with a great record and super skill at pitching. coach told him he was way overweight and would not accept him. devastated, guy talks to his dad who is skinny 6foot at 170.
solution? dad told of Navy ship duty and how he was not fitting into uniform anymore. ate only salads, no soda (pop), and never ate after 7 PM. (sounds like Gremlins, don't it?) kid did that at college, came home for break and got in to weight training and swimming, he was now smaller than my son at 5'10"
and 140. my son is a longtime swimmer (state champ) at 6' 145. he grosses me out by inhaling- I can see his spine, six inch stomach and backbone eek.

you are on the right track man, keep it going but don't neglect the vitamins/mineral thing. I start swimming Monday- I am losing the inches and gaining back the strength in my legs. leaving the body look to the Gladiators....no worries about me competing anytime soon...LOL

have to 'poor man's heat treat ' a part for another neighbor. as long as he tells me when he feels the part is ready i will do it. but I can't tell that sort of stuff.
po man's heat treat you need: a bucket of ash for insulation and cooling, a magnet to tell when it is ready to be tempered, any actelyne torch and good observation. all the machine shops here and they ask me. but they do bring good cheese with them. gosh, I am cheap....

Heidi looking forward to more good people and projects tomorrow