Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Watercooler 01/06/2008-01/12/2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

AFTERNOON YE-ALL
BEEN OUT AND ABOUT GETTING THINGS DONE.
30 HERE TODAY NOT BAD -OVERCAST -
CHANGING MY SIDE OF THE ROOM (HAD TO CHANGE IT ANYHOW FOR NEW PUTER)
MID WINTER CLEAN UP I GUESS- LITTLE EARLY FOR SPRING CLEANING
TAKING DAUGHTER OUT TO SELL GIRLSCOUT COOKIES-
EVERY ONE SEEMS TO BE ON THE RUN TODAY !

STILL AMAZED AT HOW FAST THIS NEW PUTER IS ( STILL HAVE TO UPGRADE MEMORY ) CAN`T IMAGINE HOW FAST IT WILL BE THEN .
GOT TO GET ALL THESE PROJECTS FINISHED UP ,SSSOOOOOOO I HAVE TIME TO CARVE -HAVENT HAD TIME LATELLY.
COFFEE -FOO-FOO-TEA-ALL ON AND HOT- FOUND A NEW DUMPSTER TO RADE-SOOOOOOO-WE HAVE A NEW VARITY OF BAKED GOODS ON THE COUNTER TODAY
CLAUDE-SITTING HERE ON MY SAC-O-SEEDS
Old 01-12-2008, 01:11 PM

Nooner time all,

Had a good breakfast, gruel, steel cut oats, . Now time to hit the breakroom, see if I can catch on of the energy rings, and wash it down with. Nice job Old dog on getting things ready. Thanks. The goodies ChrisR had out must have run away, or the cat ate them.
CHrisR have you bonded with kitty yet, or are you reading "101 Uses For A Dead Cat?"

NW Houston, mild 60's and sunny for now. Later chance of rain, T-storms and hail in the forecast.

Wannabe, don't think I gonna touch that drunk moose story. Good you having fun with Sis-N-law. Marine shaking your hand, a special reward for you.

Outta here 4 now.

Have a good un, and be safe out there
Old 01-12-2008, 04:12 PM

Afternoon everyone,

Enjoying a peaceful day off watching The Duke !! Gotta love the old westerns.

Travel plans changed drastically ... Northwest is out and El Paso is in !! I will swap 17* for 65* any day of the week. Gotta brush up on my spanish though .... "No mas trabajo ... Tres grandes frios cervesas, por favor ....PRONTO AMIGO !!"

Hang in there ... Monday's a'comin,
PISTOL
Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

afternoon all...
just spent about $250 worth of credit card gift cards. another year and I will prolly be back there again the way I have been traveling.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek
HAT hope the fix um up surgery goes well. Speedy and full recovery.
Thanks, Davey.
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
HAt, they are fine.. I was bored a teh time and took just a small nit of literary license with the story....
It was a good story...
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Gotta go to a "engagement party" for my "adopted daughter"( her dad was my partner on teh SO for a few years)..seems like yesterday I was picking her and my son up from daycare and toting around her car seat...Now she is 19 and getting hitched..time sure flys by .........
Ya, it does. Which kid is this? Not one that you pay for, a family friend's daughter, right? Man, I still got 16.5 more years till my house is empty...
Originally Posted by l jobb
Hat is that what 04 talking about when he said there was whining in the military?......j/k
Get it whining about the service...
Har Har Har... yar, I get it. You ever had someone fly 10 hrs to slap you in the mommy and daddy button?

I love this place.

Been busy today. Had a good one, 04 came down, we played with his trailer, ate some chow, and then he beat it. I've been playin out in the yard all day, and with the truck. Loads of fun!

See ya'll in the am...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
. Had a good one, 04 came down, we played with his trailer, ate some chow, and then he beat it. I've been playin out in the yard all day, and with the truck. Loads of fun!

See ya'll in the am...
yeah, Mad wears on ya quick... j/k

he had stuff to do, and i need a nap, at my age.... (check my profile...courtesy of Mad)

took ~hour nap, 2 hour bike ride, buddy bought my supper, "AYCE" catfish.

ride bike home, tell a few lies on here, watch some idiots on TV (all i can find in the ~900 channels of Dish) and then rest up for monday.

has everyone studied their sunday school lesson yet?
gotta go find my book. it's much easier to be on time if you find the book the night before. being late & not having the book looks bad...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
yeah, Mad wears on ya quick...
So, it's like that, huh? Thanks for the trailer that you brought me today then...

Silly sailors!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:56 PM

Evenin All....Went to Fairbanks Thursday and bought 12 gals of paint. 1, 5 gal bucket of flat white for primer an 4 gals of sand white for walls an 2 gals of Tusk White for ceiling. Painting OSB an Plywood walls/ceiling, so it sucks up the primer pretty good.
Weather has been 30 below at night an warming up to around 20 below by mid day, clear and no wind. Went down an bucked up 3, 20 foot logs into 16 in pieces today for wood stove. then went to Delta for some groceries. Picked up wood on way back in.
Would like to have seen the Leno/Moose skit....is it online?
Old pics our stll on old pc, Been hard to work in into my tight schedule of surfin....boob tubin....an paintin...and cuttin an nailin wood.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 PM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Paul- With The Short Days & Long Nights Don`t You Find It Hard To Find The Motavation To Work A Full Day / I Know I Work Long Days In Spring And Summmer- But In Winter Just Don`t Get Nearly As Much Accomplished>

Coffee - Foo-foo- Tea - On & Hot
Claude Sitting Here On My Sac-o-seeds
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
We mushrooms seem to have a different take on it all. We actually LIKE the darkness.

Seriously enough, its just a matter of getting up at the same time, no matter what time of year, getting out there, and getting the job done. When the days are short, you work at least until you run out of daylight.

In the summer, that can be a bit of a pig. Not much sleep, but at least we can sort of make up for it in the winter.

Hahahhahah.... yeah right.

Ambition can be a sneaky little bugger any time of year, if it gets out the door before you do.... Forget it, it's gone.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 AM

It don't mater anyway...We are shut down till April.....
Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, where is the Break room? The only one I see is for Marines. Where is my foo foo? Where is the maid? Am I in the right website?

Bob