Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler Oct 26- Nov 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 05:36 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Water Cooler Oct 26- Nov 1

Morning all,

Much dryer weather this morning. ;D

Cool temps.
Still driving Wifey's gasser Landcruiser. (Need YUK smiliey)
Hope the Beast gets out soon.
Fightin'....the....urge....to....stand....behind.. ...a...METRO Bus....for ...a...diesel...fix.....

Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 10-28-2003, 06:14 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moning all...

weather dry here too. A little chillli...45. Hope the cold holds off so the veggies keep going. Been wearing out the turnip greens. About time to hit the mustards. Colli and Brocco are not heading up ???....maybe the plants that I bought. I have had best luck in the past starting from seed. Oh well.....

Pistol - check farming thread.

Jophn

(need to learn to spell my name)
Old 10-28-2003, 06:14 AM

This is the way I feel this morning.....

Old 10-28-2003, 06:41 AM

Morning DTR
Tuesday!! Rain moved out and we are supposed to have a nice week and weekend
Hope to get in a wax on the truck before winter sets in.
Now on to the coffee...
Old 10-28-2003, 08:17 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I have the itch to build a small greenhouse (10' x 10' range) to grow a few salad veggies, maybe some carrots, cherry tomatoes, onions and the like.
Now, I can figger out the building of the thing ... and I got the eatin of the veggies figger'd out too, but it's the soil type, drainage, fertilizing, automatic watering, PH levels, sunlight diffusing and the other superfluous BS in between that I need help with. Keep in mind that the sun is in full bloom 99% of the time here (rub it in, rub it in ...)

Some of you greenthumbs ... can ya learn me something or point me in a good direction ??

Have a great day everybody,
PISTOL
I thought the only thing you could grow down there was Kelp and Spanish moss?

Morning boys,

Drizzling here, cars been banging into each other.

My try with broccali didn't pan out either. My folks have had luck with seedlings, but they take it more seriously than I did. Tomatoes are usually easy, sun, water, blk soil, keep the bugs away.

Old 10-28-2003, 04:27 PM

Back from a 4 day weekend and some more hunting. Didn't see much and I figure it was the weather and my snooring. Just can't seem to stay awake out in them woods. So peaceful and relaxing, I just got to stay focused and get me one soon. Truck pulled its same old stunt on the way to lufkin but ran greta on the trip home. I have this nagging feeling that my computer or my injection pump is gonna go poof and soon! I will pull the codes again and pray for the best scenario. Got shot down on my first attempt at a trailer and will be trying again soon. Sprint screwer my credit report up something awful and will be talking to my attorney this week, AGAIN! ;D Hope everyone is doing great and your week is eneventful.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:54 PM

Good evening you all ...

I got a smile today ... this young Coast Guard sailor pulled up next to me in the parking lot driving a nice looking black crew cab Hemi with the fancy wheels and all the other go-fast add ons that come with them. He started walking around my B.E.R.T. and then started pouring out the accolades about how much he liked my truck. We talked a while and compared gas mileage, seating room, horse power and torque and he told me that he is thinking he made a mistake :-[ .

While it felt good to hear him admire my plain jane old truck ... I couldn't help but feel for the kid, seeings as how he probably spends 75% of his E-3 paycheck on this nice truck that isn't what his heart really wants.

Sure was a nice rig he had ... I hope it grows on him.

PISTOL
Old 10-29-2003, 05:59 AM

Morning Campers,
RAIN again........roads closed, traffic messed up, just another day in Washington DC.
Wheeeew! glad to finally be at my desk.....did I say that?

I guess it beats the troubles on the "Left Coast".

Have a great day, be careful out there.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:41 AM

Good Morning all..
Very cool this morning.
Supposed to be sunny all day and maybe reach the 70's by
Saturday ;D

Looks like wash and wax day to me.
Have to see if I can get a big scratch out of the door
someone got me in the parking lot even after I parked it in
the next zip code!! :'(
Old 10-29-2003, 07:03 AM

couldn't help but feel for the kid, seeings as how he probably spends 75% of his E-3 paycheck on this nice truck...
Man, I don't miss those days. All the $$ went to the vehicle, had to eat at the mess hall all the time [insert pukey smiley here] and go to the base clubs. Only good thing was, I was one of the few with a vehicle, could usually get a movie or meal paid for by other guys if I drove.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:23 AM

[quote author=hotdram link=board=10;threadid=21504;start=30#msg202948 date=1067432586]
couldn't help but feel for the kid, seeings as how he probably spends 75% of his E-3 paycheck on this nice truck...
Man, I don't miss those days. All the $$ went to the vehicle, had to eat at the mess hall all the time [insert pukey smiley here] and go to the base clubs. Only good thing was, I was one of the few with a vehicle, could usually get a movie or meal paid for by other guys if I drove.

[/quote]
YUP!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 AM
JKE

got a little rain late last night. Very clear this morning. Maybe this will head your way Ed. :-

The garden really is needing the sunshine. Noticed the Brocco had small heads starting last night and the cabbage is doing really well. The colli is NOT doing anything yet.... ???

Enjoy.

John
Old 10-29-2003, 09:47 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Absolutely perfect day here. Started out a little fresh, but still nice. Now at 9:45 it is up to 72 degrees with a brilliant blue sky. Just a hint of a breeze.
Was reading the news about the latest sunspots. Got curious and took a look at the sun thru my arc welding shield. With the naked eye it is possible to actually see the spots on the sun. Interesting.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:50 AM

Around 0830ish this morning we were having power "winks".
Not a full outtage just a split-second's worth.
It was driving the Power Plant guys and the Security/Fire Alarm monitoring folks nutz.

All quiet now. ;D
Old 10-29-2003, 09:54 AM

I think the sun spots were affecting everyones driving this morning. They were plowing into each other everywhere. Couldn't get to the fax....was going into withdrawals.

Quick Reply: Water Cooler Oct 26- Nov 1