Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler Oct 26- Nov 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Water Cooler Oct 26- Nov 1

HEY STAN! :P :P :P..... 74* You make me sick!

Winterizing is a simple little process that "some of us" have to do for WINTER!.... It involves taking the garden hoses off the side of the house and putting them in the garage, getting you "SNOW TIRES PUT ON" and making sure that everything in the yard is picked up so you plow over anything while plowing SNOW!!!! :'( :'( :'(
Old 10-26-2003, 10:26 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Sorry, (not) I was feeling sadistic and just wanted to taunt you DTR fanatics.
Now I'm going into hiding. (bed time)
Old 10-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Chapter President

Have a great week stano! 8)
Old 10-27-2003, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It must be Monday ... everything was goin just fine when I got up, checked the plumbing (yep... everything works), fired up the confuser to give it time to find my favorite coffee drinkin buddies (DTRonians, of course) and off I went to fire up the coffee maker.
Apparently, I must've ticked off the coffee machine somewhere along the line because she puked coffee and grounds all over the counter, cabinets and floor ... including the clean dishes that were sitting next to it.

Gonna get better, I'm sure.

FiverBob ... you're right, as far as things go ... I have it pretty good right now. I just gripe a lot to keep in practice.

A "griping" sailor is a happy sailor {"griping" is not the usual choice of word}.
I think we snuck thru hurricane season unscaved this year (knock on wood) still a little while left to go though.
Looking forward to meeting you !!

You all have a great week !!!
PISTOL

Old 10-27-2003, 05:40 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Just a quick reminder of last winter's gift.

Not looking forward to this year's surprises.

Raining like a ....here.
Expecting to see animals lining up 2 by 2 any minute...... :-

Mondays! :-X.......who idea was it to create Mondays anyway?

Have a great day.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:01 AM
JKE

Good Morning!

Ed - I see you are getting the rain we have had since early Sunday AM. Still wet and nasty here. Rained too hard for fishing too.

Make it a great day....Type to you men later.

John
Old 10-27-2003, 06:06 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Morning folks,
109 cars loaded, 131 to go. Running a bit over a day ahead of schedule. After the rain on Saturday, the fresh fill dirt at the side of the rail head would suck hip waders off ya. What a mess.
All is going smooth. Should get the next train load out today, if the railroad can get the cars to us. Supposedly another 40 cars will be on site first thing this morning. Sure am glad this brigade is a "light" unit. Only 4 miles of 89 foot cars required to transport the equipment.
The boss with the chickens is ready to roll, see y'all later.

playinginthemudandgettingpaidforitShortround out
Old 10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning all, ready for a refill, but I see PW has it all over the place. Who's turn was it to watch him anyway?

Noddinoffwaitingforcoffeetobrewdon
Old 10-27-2003, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mornin Ya'll,,,,,,
Nice day to have off from work. : ,,,,,,,, and I was going to do SO much yard work today,,,, ;D
Hey Redleg,
I wonder if PW ever heard that "Sometimes, you have to be smarter than the equipment you're trying to operate" story? :P
Just kidding Pistolwhipt,
That's just what my wife tells me every time it happens to me!
Hey Ed,
If you post any more of those pics,,,,,,,,,,,,, I will personally ban you for a week!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Was out earlythis morning to water the fruit trees. At 9 A.M. it is a nice 70 degrees but cloudy. Looks like it may rain a bit. Now to make you guys shivering up north really hate me; while I was out I picked a pomegranate of my tree and my wife and I shared it for breakfast. Nothing like fresh fruit for breakfast. Only seven different kinds this morning. Anybody want to take a trip south and join me for breakfast?
Old 10-27-2003, 02:53 PM

Winterizing? You guys are funny....

84 degrees here at 12:00am, winds blowin', and half of So California is burning. Unfortunately it's the suburban/rural areas that need to burn and not the urban areas that I'd like to burn.

330,000 acres and 800+ structures so far.....8 major fires including the 3 new ones from yesterday, less than 25% containment on any of them.

Looks like it's gonna be a long week.....they finally got me on the phone this morning, looks like I'll be going to work tonight to relieve some of the crews that have been out there for the last couple days.

avoidingthephonewhenpossiblecowhand
Old 10-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=DPG link=board=10;threadid=21504;start=0#msg201850 date=1067223278]
FiverBob:

I am JEALOUS! I just winterized my fiver this weekend. No more fiver trips at least 'till spring :'(
gotthatpinkstuffinmywaterlinesbluesDeWain
[/quote]

Hey, I remember that white stuff while in college in Minnesota. Wow, it got cold up there. Enough to make Scotty and his penguins holler Uncle. Winterize? What is that? You know, it may get warm here in the summer, but we have AC. We still RV and go boating in the summer. Then, comes fall, winter and spring, and guess what - - we still RV, boat and smile. Love Florida, the 12 month state.
OOOpppppsssss, incoming again - - duck. >
Off to the keys - - going to have fun, catch some fish, do some diving, lay back and relax, catch some fish, do some . . . well, you get the idea. See ya.
GlubGlubBob
Old 10-27-2003, 04:45 PM

Bob, looks like it is going to be a competition as to who the rest of the DTR's hate the most. You or me. Oh well, they are just jealous. ;D But I did invite them down for breakfast.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:54 PM
DPG

Stan,

I would LOVE to come down and visit for a spell, but it's going to be a couple of years or so. (two kids in college, wife lost job and her health prevents her from working most places, my salary reduced, etc.)

If things go well, I'll be retiring two years from June. THEN, I'll be up for some real traveling. Keep those fruit trees producing.

TryingtokeepalltheplatesintheairDeWain
Old 10-28-2003, 05:15 AM

Ok ... coffee machine and I have made up and now I'm 1/2 way thru the first cup of the day... life is good again.

This time change has really got me screwed up. I was ready for bed at 1930 last night and woke up at 0500 ready to go !!! Which wouldn't be a bad thing ... if I didn't go to work at 0900 By that time I will have 3 POTS of coffee in me and look like one of the crack babies downtown .

I have the itch to build a small greenhouse (10' x 10' range) to grow a few salad veggies, maybe some carrots, cherry tomatoes, onions and the like.
Now, I can figger out the building of the thing ... and I got the eatin of the veggies figger'd out too, but it's the soil type, drainage, fertilizing, automatic watering, PH levels, sunlight diffusing and the other superfluous BS in between that I need help with. Keep in mind that the sun is in full bloom 99% of the time here (rub it in, rub it in ...)

Some of you greenthumbs ... can ya learn me something or point me in a good direction ??

Have a great day everybody,
PISTOL

Quick Reply: Water Cooler Oct 26- Nov 1