Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler May 22 - 28

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 05:29 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Wednesday AM.
Heading out in a few for another useless meeting with my "Supervisor".

Lot's-o-stuff to do today, the meeting will just ensure I have plenty to do tomorrow too.

Y'all B safe
Old 05-25-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it only Weds.?

Hey Shovelhead, I am having the same sort of meeting today at 1400 hrs. I could sling a couple of things to do your way.

I wonder if Greenpeace has tried to roll Top back into the ocean yet?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:40 AM
JKE

morning folks,

last trip caught 10 fish. 1 small bass (1#) and the rest were nice big bluegill. The freezer is coming along nicely . Garden is lookin' good!

3" of rain at the first of the week.

My new "truck" is disabled and in pieces. Gotta love it. - JKE
Old 05-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good afternoon to all the DTR'rs hanging around the water cooler. Made it to Anchorage yesterday - - truck running great. Put over 6000 on all ready for the trip. Had some interesting encounters with "animals" and gorgeous scenery. The kings are starting to hit in Anchorage, so have to get with Curt tonight and see what I need to start catching them critters.

Having some problems gaining internet access, so be good til next time.

AlaskaBob
Old 05-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALASKABOB~ Ship Creek king's are fun to catch, but you better be careful down there. Fire Dept. has to go there a few times a year to pull people out of the "glacial mud", that stuff is nasty! But for gear all you need is a heavy rod, good reel, 30lbs line and a spin-n-glo, not sure if you can use egg's down there, I think you can but better check!

I have a BIG BLACK BEAR hitting my bait station so I will be gone from this coming friday to tuesday afternoon. I want this big boy!

BOB, you have my numbers, call my cell for this weekend, I'll have it with me.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Thursday in DC.
My last Friday on Thursday.

Nice weather (for a change).
Trying to figure out what that strange large reddish ball in the Eastern sky is. .....Oh Yeah, I think we used to call that a SUN.

Hopefully the Gotta-Do list is a little less hectic today than it has been so far this week.

Y'all B safe
Old 05-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Well, went for the EMG yesterday, that was a blast, NOT. Said yep, you've got a pinched nerve in your neck. Duh.........
Old 05-26-2005, 04:08 PM

Afternoon all..been hotter than you know what lately...i think we only hit 107 on Sunday and have been hanging at about 105 all week. Suppose to be only 100 today and were gonna drop back into the high 90s for the weekend and part of next week, thank god...been workin my **** off with the horses n puttin in some time at the nursin home cus they called n begged me to come in cus there down 14 CNA's and state should be showing up any day now. Was suppose to head to Strawberry Pine <past payson> this weekend for camping but had to kill those plans due to two of the horses are leaving this weekend and the owners still have to come for a few rides before they leave. Just trying to stay busy and keep outta trouble. Hopefully I will get to put some time in the practice pen this coming week and turn a few steers. Still haven't gotten round to replacing my fuel filter yet...just haven't had the time and when I do its to dang hot to even open the hood on my truck...Well I still have 4 horses to work so im gonna get my but back out there...yall have a gooden n take care.
~Heather~
Old 05-26-2005, 06:53 PM

Ok its 107 today

bottom line I PASSED ALL MY CLASSES!! GRADUATION HERE I COME!! YAHOO!!!!! HE HE HE HE!!! U guys drink one for me!! or party hardy for me yall!!

Tx (still doin a victory dance)
Old 05-27-2005, 07:25 AM

WAKE UP YA LAZY BUMS!!!

Its Friday

I cant believe I am the first to post in the "cooler" today
Old 05-27-2005, 09:34 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Back at it today. Hands have to heal anyway. Hauled home 40 red pine logs on the flat bed yesterday, 2 trips. Gonna rip a lot in half for siding inside the new porch. Some will be posts for a couple little outbuildings. No luck this week with Morels, but we're suppose to get rain through Sunday.

John, you should see the brown I got Teusday night! 17 inches, but he was mostly mouth. I think the new rod is sufficiently baptised now. Got him on a #4, blonde zonker with a gold conehead. I only started using zonkers last year. My numbers have gone down with them, but the sizes are getting up there.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:32 AM
JKE

Howdy Don. Sounds like a nice fish. They have been doing the "Put and Take" thing here lately. Lots of guys from work pounding the normal stocking spots. Nothing of size, but mass quantities. I haven't gone because I don't want any dog food fish. Ya know.

For now, I'm gonna stick to the main lake and try to get some more bass, bluegill, and crappie.

After I get this truck fixed, I want to raft the river and try to get some natives

Ya'll have a good one - JKE
Old 05-27-2005, 12:48 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Yup, I ran into those opening day. The Pine River system I was fishing hasn't been stocked in 20 years. All wild brooks, browns and rainbows. Unfortunately they haven't altered the normal regs for it though. Sometimes I hit the Pere Marquette too. It has an 8 mile stretch of flies only catch and release. That's where I got the 20 incher this spring. Gonna try spinners on a feeder creek for some brookies tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Huey
Is it only Weds.?

Hey Shovelhead, I am having the same sort of meeting today at 1400 hrs. I could sling a couple of things to do your way.

I wonder if Greenpeace has tried to roll Top back into the ocean yet?
Yeah those durn "Save the whales" types kept rolling me back in the surf everytime I fell asleep on the beach I still have sand in my blow hole

Back home today....I am ready to go back
Old 05-27-2005, 01:47 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Beautiful weather here. Lows in the mid 40's, highs in the low 70's. Air is thin. Need a bigger turbocharger for me.
Top, 10th Group is up here. At least the buildings and German wives are. Everyone is deployed.
Headed home tomorrow and back out here next Sunday for another week.
Working hard. Only got an hour nap around 1000 this morning. Finish lunch and time for 2 hour power nap. I'm just under too much stress.

stirringthingsupatthemountainpostShortroundout

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler May 22 - 28