Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler May 22 - 28

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The Water Cooler May 22 - 28

Come on folks.....11:30 and someone is just now starting the thread?

Already been up, drank a 1/2 pot-o-coffee, washed the truck, took Wifey to Shoney's for breakfast, and let the dog out.

Man! I gotta get one of those relaxing weekend schedules......

Beautiful day in DC, sun shining, light breezes, temps in the mid 70s.
And in the evening, the muzzle flashes from the "hood" kinda look like fireflies in the distance if ya squint just right.

just kidding folks.

Have a great weekend,
Y'all B safe
Old 05-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Oh, people are up and around. We've just been waiting for somebody "official" to show up and start the "cooler" off right.

Moistly cloudy around here.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noon here in sunny CA, finally getting the mid 80 we should have been getting for teh past month.
rivers are overflowing with snow run off. memorial day camping should be intresting.

im chillen at work trying to find a honda ct70 mini bike to restore, lol.

All is quiet here too which is nice!
jiMMy
Old 05-22-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
worked hard

all weekend long, Worked cattle for three days, just takin it easy right now, hottest part today was 103 degrees.. typical for this time of year.. got home at 1, showered, shaved, and ate, now im up again, still sore and beat to heck, but i still wanna work.. Go to sell scrap tomorrow and as hott as it is, i wanna go wash my truck... so ill leave u guys for now.. I wanna know my grades, but they have not posted them yet... GOD HELP ME THAT I PASS GENETICS... pray for me fellas.. please....

Tx
Old 05-23-2005, 05:50 AM

Arrrrg!! Monday!
Clousy day in DC.
Tractor Trailer on its side in the I-95 - I-495 mixing bowl area has traffic thoughly hosed in that area. (I don't go that way. )
Washed the Beast yesterday
Forecast for rain off & on for the next 3 days.
Newspaper delivery person must have had a bad weekend, no paper this morning.

I guess it can only get better......right?

Y'all B safe,
Old 05-23-2005, 06:39 AM

Mornin' all.
Back to work from vacation on St. Simons Island, Ga. Spent the ride in to work today figuring out if it is possible to live on a third of my salary in order to be a beach bum. I would like to give it a shot. Played in the sand with the neices, took walks on the beach, rode horses and took a dolphin cruise, basically just hung out for a week of R&R. No schedule, no alarm, no nuthin'. I'm ready to go back. Couldn't find a Cummins to rent, so we rented a PT Cruiser convertible for 2 days. Liked the fact that it was a convertible, but it had no giddy up and go (need a PT GT).

Got to get caught up here at work,
~I'm On Island Time Rob
Old 05-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTRonians!

Playing beach bum this week, got the grandbabies with us for a week in Myrtle Beach. Most the bikers left from Bike week, and the sport bikes come in next week so nice down here now. I saw a beer with my name on it, maybe I will wait till noon, maybe I won't
Old 05-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Playing try to find a doctor bum this morning. Got a stabbing pain in my shoulder that's making my left thumb and forefinger numb. This blows. Gotta go into Smithburg and see the vet I guess. Man it blows to get old.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:12 AM

Morning all, rain for the next couple of days. That seems to be the only time my truck gets washed anymore

I seem to be missing several beers from the garage fridge. I think they made their way to Myrtle Beach with some bum. And here all along I thought Santa had come early this year. Nope just some danged ole thief

Later....
Old 05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Back and forth from rain to sun, but that's ok. My little pine trees need every drop. Brought out a couple mushrooms too. Hit the Pine River Saturday. Only thing biting were the mosquito's. Bit of a plastic hatch going, but I guess too soon for the bikini show. Might just take a grill down to the river this weekend and take the dog swimming. Anybody have any numbered flash cards I can borrow for the bikini competition?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:43 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Greetings from Colorado Springs. Got THE Mountain behind me and plains full of T-Storms in front of me. Weather is beautiful and the beer is cold. Watching Gods fireworks about 3 miles out.
This is a Goat Rope. You wouldn't believe all the crap they packed in these conex's. 167 each 8 x 8 x 20 footers full. Looks like probably another two or three week long trips. Oh well, such happens when the right hand is raised. We have Oregonians, Rhode Islanders, New Yawkers, Pennesylvanians, Illinoisers, New Mexicans, Californians, and Connecticutans. Almost needed an interpeter to translate the yankee version of english.
Just got a severe lightning warning. Got to shut down the 'puter.
Hollar at cha later.

Shortround out
Old 05-24-2005, 06:31 AM

'Nuther Clousy day in DC.
Drizzle with high temps in the looow 60s.
'Sposed to be like this through Friday.

Not too much on the Gotta-Do list yet, but the day is not over.

Had a nice chat with SR in Colorado Springs this morning.
Seems things are pretty much the same in the military no matter what base you're calling home.

Anyone in the Colorado Springs area?
Send shortround a PM.......he's getting bored....and he's starting to suffer from diesel withdrawl symptoms.

Y'all B safe
Old 05-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Having a terrible time on the beach dodging bikini's and Margarita's left and right

Whew glad I don't have to do this everyday

Got to go polish the lenses on my binoculars, looking for boats on the ocean....yeah that's the ticket...looking for boats
Old 05-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally posted by Shovelhead
'Nuther Clousy day in DC.
Send shortround a PM.......he's getting bored....and he's starting to suffer from diesel withdrawl symptoms.

Y'all B safe
I don't know about missing diesel, he's probably way over his humvee quota and missing BURT though.

Beautiful day today. Suppose to be nicer tomorrow. Gonna grab the neighbor and do some serious shroomin' tomorrow. Found a nice one this morning. Not tripping over them this year, but the few are getting to be a respectable size. Gonna try to pick up some logs tomorrow too. I plan on ripping them in half and putting them up on the inside wall of the addition. Just got the door and windows painted huinter green. I already see I gonna have a lifetime of chips in the door. Thought it was suppose to be pre-primed, but I guess not. I'll just let it go for awhile and probably power wash it later and do it again. Looks good for now though. Hopefully I'll get the floor done in the next couple weeks so I can open the wall up.
Time for a refill, have a good one.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:59 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Bullfeathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler May 22 - 28