Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler May 18 - 24

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Water Cooler May 18 - 24

New week, New thread. ;D<br><br>Raining here (no big secret :) <br>Supposed to see the sun for acoupla days starting tomorrow.<br>Good day for surfin' and sleepin'<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 05-18-2003, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Water Cooler May 18 - 24

Morning from the left coast. What a bunch of sleepy heads out there. Typical Washington weather, wet, windy, sunny, wet, drizzly, windy, sunny, oh the heck with it ...... <br><br>~Dave
Old 05-18-2003, 08:40 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morning folks,<br>What a weekend. Had a supercell t-storm blow through Friday afternoon around 1430. 3&quot; (tennis ball size) hail missed us by a 1/4 mile. Tornado followed. Got off the river. Went back to town to see how shook up wife and the gang were. Got back to the motel in time to watch 3 more supercell's pound the area. 5 hours, four more tornados, umpteen alarms, and 8&quot; of rain later things started to settle down. Sucked down a bit of medicidal alcohol to get the nerves back in order. Went out and drained 6&quot; of water out of the bed of the truck. Got another cold one, checked the weather, and went to bed. Thirty minutes later we had to evacuate the motel due to a fire in one of the rooms. Had a few more cold ones. Got up a few hours later and headed to the river to find the launch ramp under 25 FEET of water. Went back to the motel, had a couple of hydraulic porkchops for breakfast, took the wife out and about town, and headed home. End result - one drum that weighed about 4 oz.<br>Now, I've got a big brisket slow cooking outside. With my luck, the dog will turn the cooker over and eat the meat.<br>I see crows in the garden. Think I'll get the old shooting iron out and kill something. Maybe dirt daubers haven't built a nest in the barrel.<br><br>sickandtiredofbeingsickandtiredShor tround out
Old 05-18-2003, 09:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dang SR, I thought I had it bad. You Win! <br>Hope everyone has a good week.<br>Ed
Old 05-18-2003, 09:14 AM

Pretty nice here, a little overcast but the temp is great.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:45 AM

Wow,...talk about a rough weekend........
SR, you always gotta story to top all the rest.

Glad you and yours made it through the storms and such unhurt.

Now go watch out for the dog.

Ed
Old 05-18-2003, 11:29 AM

No worry about the dog. The crows left so I shot the sorry four legged Mike Foxtrot. ;D<br>Meat's looking good and got plenty. Grab the gang and head this way.<br>For some reason I hope Top got his sorry **** SOAKED.<br><br>swillingcoldbeerandgettingabigbonfi rereadyinadditiontocookingShortround out
Old 05-18-2003, 12:03 PM

OBTW,<br>Landers Dodge ought to have some good deals on trucks. The tornado destroyed two of their buildings and heavy damage to three others.<br>Dodge built and tornado tough.<br>Damage looks to be 10 million or so.<br>2003 2500 CTD, loaded, no windows, water in floor board, bedliner in trees - 50% off.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:54 AM

WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS!
It's Monday......no time for lollygagging..........

Coffees on, Huey is supposed to bring the donuts. .....SR.....well he had a rough weekend.....we gotta be nice to him......NOT.

Have a great, sunny for a change, DTR day. 8)
Old 05-19-2003, 06:13 AM

Back in the Bat Cave for another week of fun and games. Not much damage here on post. Just a few pine trees and shingles. We still have some people out with generators keeping power up for some of the water plants and other facilities without power.<br>Wonder what I can stir up today <br><br>Shortround out
Old 05-19-2003, 06:29 AM

Morning all! Dreary day here today. Seems like Shortround had one heck of a weekend!! Hope things get better for ya!<br><br>I spent the weekend moving my son and his wife to a new apartment. I think I broke something Why does every apartment kids get seem to be up two flights of stairs <br><br>Doughnuts are here,,,come and get them boys
Old 05-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'M BACK ! ! ! ;D ;D<br><br>Whew!,,,,,,,,,<br> A little over a week with three women (The Wife,,, The Daughter,,, and The Grandbaby) in Mississippi,,,,,,,, and you guys think that storms and tornados are rough? : <br> Just kidding,,,,, ;D We had a pretty good time. Had to dodge the tornados and hail storms on the way back home, but missed every one of them. I guess I got a lots of catching up to do. I'm gonna have to break down and get a laptop so I can take it with me I reckon.<br> I've got to go into work at noon today because we have visitors coming to the plant. What a way to start out the week of 4-12 shift! Ya'll have a good one! ;D
Old 05-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good Day Dtronians!!! I had a much better weekend than SR did. It rained a little on us saturday but the boat has a top so the beer didn't get watered down any ;D<br><br> Good fishing, we caught upwards of 60 fish round abouts, had a wonderful time and best of all was how quiet and peaceful it was. I sure did miss you guys though : well maybe just a little ;D<br><br>SR, I got a map here that will get you to the boat if you need it, just let me know when so I can stock the coolers
Old 05-20-2003, 05:52 AM

Back to work today. <br>Now to see what jobs backed-up without getting done while I was gone. <br><br>Sunny &amp; warm today......calling for Rain starting tomorrow continuing all weekend. [undecided] <br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 05-20-2003, 06:47 AM

Morning DTR. Raining again If this keeps up, I am going to have to borrow Top's boat to get back and forth to work : Anybody got a bush hog so I can mow my yard

Quick Reply: Water Cooler May 18 - 24