Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler Mar 2nd-8th

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:The Water Cooler Mar 2nd-8th

Good morning DTRonians....sounds like a comet chasing cult don't it? : <br><br> Glad you got rid of that mercedes finally DD4x4! gee-sh that thing was wearing a hole in your bombing wallet <br><br> Huey get off that durn roof and get back to work! Gee-sh how you going to pay for that new tranny if you are up there dancing in the rain <br><br> Shovelhead, I don't hear any complaints about no heat, must have warmed up a bit for you there finally, won't be long you will be putting a new coat of wax on your helmet and hitting the road.<br><br> Shortround, you keep those boys at the five sided puzzle palace in line, tell them we are not sending our boys and girls to Iraq without complete support in every aspect!. <br><br> We have the strongest Military in the world, and by God our youngsters deserve the complete package to keep them safe, or keep them home!.<br><br> No more half done wars, either Do it right or stay out of the mess. I know an old grizzled Vet like you understands that theory perfectly.<br><br> Sorry kinda went off there a little but I do worry about our brave troops all over the world.<br><br>Carry On
Old 03-05-2003, 11:15 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's crazy.<br>We can't get the troops out of the mobilization station because of air priorities. The equipment can't ship out of the ports because of the lack of shipping. The Army, Army Reserve, and the National Guard Bureau are all involved in their own little urination competition. Not even going to mention the politics involved on the state and federal side. I'm sure the other services are having related problems.<br>I think the Israelis have the right idea on reserve mobilization. Keep ALL their stuff at home, or in the car, and when the word goes out, it's just a matter of hours and they are deployed. Of course they don't have the shipping problems we do.<br>Out of breath already, need a beer.<br>Just doing the best we can with what we got. Where did all the old timers go, you know, the ones that knew everything? The ones that were in WW2, Korea, and 'Nam. Sure wish we had a few of them back.<br>Still need a beer.Sitting here looking at a big pile of green stuff in the floor. Guess I better get off my duff and get busy.<br><br>outa here<br>
Old 03-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Top, no joke here.
The HVAC shop called at 1100hrs today and said the final part was in and will be installed tomorrow. .
So I should have heat by COB tomorrow. ;D
Today it's 60* in DC.........
Gotta love 'em. :
Old 03-05-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard on the radio yesterday that 3 navy ships pulled out of Cali. yesterday and were going to the Arabian sea(I think) so is this the first of the navy goin over &quot;there&quot; or what????
Old 03-05-2003, 12:46 PM

The Navy already has a grunch of stuff over there or on the way. I live just outside of Norfolk, VA, and when you look across the river to *** the place looks like a ghost town. The waterfront is empty, big boys, little boys, support ships, everything.<br><br>The local business around here are hunting big time. The fleet pulls out and so does the money.<br><br>Let just get it over with and bring our guys and gals back home in one piece.<br><br>Butch<br>ET1(SW)<br>USN (ret)<br>
Old 03-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alright!

Half way through the week! Sure lookin' forward to this weekend!

Hope your all having a good, safe week out there!

Hey SFtopSGT? Arent you suppose to be busy bench pressing Yugos? Get back to work!

&lt;DieselDaze sits at desk wondering where all the large rocks keep coming from&gt;

Rich
Old 03-05-2003, 02:25 PM

Time to go. ;D<br><br>[glow=yellow, 2, 300] ;DIt's Corona Time ;D[/glow]<br>C-Ya at the house.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:36 AM

Thursday AM.....Friday's just around the corner.<br>Rain and 50's today, dropping back to 30's tonight.<br>Gonna be another busy day cleanin' up after jobs not completed by others in the past couple of weeks. :.<br>As long as those same others keep working the way they are now, I'll always have &quot;Job Security&quot; ;D<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)
Old 03-06-2003, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Mornin ED and all the rest of ya'll, youn's, and you's guys. Got to practice up on my other lingos, may have to go north to one of our sister stations this summer for a visit.<br><br>Rainy and crappy here. Got the riding mower stuck in the drainage ditch out front last night. Pulled it out with the rig and chucked it back in the shed. That stuff can lay there till it rots as far as I'm concerned.<br><br>Gotta get better this morning right?
Old 03-06-2003, 05:57 AM

Hey ya'll,<br> Ppbbbbbtttthhh ... glad yesterday is over. Broke out the big guns and got a few things straightened out. Hopefully I can catch up on the other crap that has built up before Friday ... the Dolphin are running in about 100 ft of water. <br><br> Ooohhh I'm feeling a little ill ... need a fishin fix, STAT !!<br><br> Ya'll be good and try to keep it to a dull roar. <br><br>PISTOL
Old 03-06-2003, 06:18 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Morning folks,<br>Still a zoo here. However, I'm not going to allow something as trivial as getting troops ready to deploy interfere with me taking off tomorrow when the temp is supposed to be in the upper 60's. Unless, of course, the boss says I am needed here.<br>Gonna try and spend as much time with the family as possible while I can. Things could get a bit more hectic.<br>Picked up the cedar for the kitchen and stairwell yesterday. We're going to panel the walls in cedar boards from 4&quot; to 12&quot; widths. It ought to smell good anyway.<br>The ground is about ready to turn under for spring planting. Should be just right Saturday.<br>Busted a field rat with the .22-250 yesterday. Kinda like using a 500 lb bomb on a Yugo. A bit of overkill, but spectacular none the less.<br>Picking up the bed rails and covers tomorrow. Still haven't decided on the gravel guards for the rocker panels.<br>Found my electrical problem with the tractor. Nothing but a 13mm wrench. Still don't know why the wrench had this pretty blue sheen to it.<br>Time to get back inside the Bat Cave and see what else these grunts have screwed up. Give them a 8 oz ball peen hammer and they will ruin an anvil. Almost as bad as contractors.<br>See y'all later.<br>OBTW, the beer sure was good yesterday.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:33 AM

Good Morning all, freezing rain and snow again this morning. The roads are a nice slippery mess Makes for an interesting drive trying to stop 3 and a half tons. Some idiot pulled out in front of me on the way in, had a couple of hair raiseing seconds wondering if I could stop and he would get moving. My luck held out and I just missed kissing his bumper. Probably couldnt have stuck a toothpick between us!!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mornin,,,,,, How are you,,,,,, GOODNIGHT! <br><br>Oh yeah,,,,,,,,,, Have a nice day,,,,,,,, ZZZzzzzZzzzz
Old 03-06-2003, 11:23 AM

Curses! Foiled! I was planning to get my 4&quot; DTT exhaust installed today at MassDiesel, but it's snowing..again..and it'll be a nighmare driving home. Looks like it's gonna hafta wait... &gt;
Old 03-06-2003, 12:12 PM

If there's any Massachusetts brethren on the forum today, and planning to head out, stay away from I-95 and I-495 intersect. There was a 100 car pile-up around lunchtime shutting down both interstates.

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler Mar 2nd-8th