Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler August 14th - 20th

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The Water Cooler August 14th - 20th

Geeeeze folks,.......y'all running behind the power curve this AM.
Almost 0900 and nobody cranked up the "Cooler" yet?

Stuff to do today, ......it's Wifey's fault.
Breakfast is done, dishes in the sink, dog's been out, coffee's 1/2 gone, 'Puter's crankin', sun is up.

Y'all enjoy yer weekend.

Y'all B safe
Old 08-14-2005, 07:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ok Ok,,,, been at work since 0430. Cranked the puter and caught up with the important stuff. (DTR)

Washed the bed of the truck out, son is using it to move with.

Made coffee and drank the pot.

Thinking about actually doing some work now.

Have a good one.

Ed
Old 08-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaned off grill and smoker already, coffee is brewin' right now. Gotta get the bed of the truck cleaned of hydraulic oil. That stuff is tough!!!

Puppy and two year old are having a battle of wits,

gotta run 4 now
tom
Old 08-14-2005, 10:55 AM

Morning guys.. coffee brewing is going on its 2nd pot. Sitting at work, trying as hard as possible to be lazy, but so far its not really working out. Can't wait to get outta here in about 4 hours. Going up to see my fiancee again, and patiently wait for 30 days for our home purchase to close

Scott
Old 08-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Running way behind the power curve, so far behind I think I might be on top. Rolled in the door this AM @ 5:25. About the time most of you right minded people were think about sleeping for another hour or two.

Oh well, two hours sleep, and time to clean the office. coming ion on the tail end of that job now, and the inside of the truck is next. ( smells like a dead goat in there. Wonder why? ) Gotta love a work truck.

Sunny day, hot temps, and work still to be done, Enjoy all.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, 0745 and I'm the 1st to post to the cooler today??? Someone musta forgot to bang them trash cans this morning!

Gonna go hack off a slab of coffee an' start the day.

Have a good one!

chaikwa.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:37 AM

Guilty as charged for running behind. I woke up with the alarm at 0500 but still had more weekend to sleep off. Nothing an hour and a half of PT couldn't cure .

Making the final travel plans home over the weekend and I really don't like being that cramped up for 10-12 hours.

Enjoy the rest of the day ... mine is almost over.

PISTOL
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Scott don't hurt yourself cutting that coffee. I once had a sargent stap himself in the chest opening a christmas present. Almost missed deployment. Finally getting back to normal temps around here. Time to start thinking about a fishing trip. Have been working on some flies though. Teaching myself to tie full-dress atlantic salmon flies. Boy they're a lot of work. Well, speaking of coffee... mines getting cold...
Old 08-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Howdy Campers,
Just gettin' on here after getting home from school.
My old brain has a hard enough time retaining the info its barely holding onto now without some 'Young' Whipper-Snapper instructor trying to stuff new info in there.
By the end of the week the new stuff will have displaced so much of the old stuff, I'll have to write my address on the back of my hand so I can get back home.

No milk & cookies waiting for me , ......No cartoons (worth watching), and I can't stand those 'talk' shows.

Gotta go fire up some gasoline-burning tools & cut grass.

Y'all B safe,
Old 08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Hey Shovelhead, make sure you take off your school clothes before you go out to play!

Don, no worries about cutting myself... 2 things I'm not allowed to do here are cook and have something sharp! I hafta use one of those plastic picnic knives when I serve up my coffee in the AM!

chaikwa.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:40 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Any word on your class Saturday Scott?

PW, that's a pretty high-speed tribe ya got there. Those colors on the house are agreeable too. I went with the same. I'll have to work on some updated pictures.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Redleg
Any word on your class Saturday Scott?
Yeah, it's still a 'go'.

On a positive note, (or not, from what I hear), it's been moved from Chicago to Benton... 'something'. I can't remember some of these town names.

chaikwa.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:01 PM

Got up early and skipped the DTR this morning and got to work before it got hot and smoky here.
My day was spent trying to order parts for computers and return the stuff I order by mistake! But other than that I started to clean out the ol' garage... I got to make room to fit all the toyz in!... Tight fit but it all fit now even the toolboxes!

Idaho is still burning here... The smoke is rolling over the mountain and the sky is orange and the sun is a funky shade of red...

Now... that its PM I going to chill out and catch up on the DTR stuff...

Sorry for missing the morning version...
Old 08-15-2005, 11:39 PM

... ain't really sure why my eyes insisted on opening long before the alarm clock went off but me and them is gonna have a talk later today I'm sure .

The drive in to work this morning was awesome !!! There was low lying fog up through the small valleys and fields ... really neat. You could only see the tall, pointed church steeples and red rooftops of the houses poking out of the fog.

Have a good un',

LOOKINFERTHEDANGCOFFEEPOTPISTOL
Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 AM

Evening all, just finished a horrid monday, went by the house we've got in escrow, and they are fixing the parking deck, just like they said they would,and they are doing it RIGHT.. which is more than I can say most of the time. Im axious ot get teh keys to the place, I know that much... Working again tommorow, nad a half day wednesday.. gotta work as much as possible.. gotta save money for that mortgage payment.
Scott

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler August 14th - 20th