Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler April 23 - 29

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Good coffee today - - thanks SH - - no bristles in it, either. Durn maid!!!
Hey 'FiverBubba', for the second time, it's JANITOR, not maid.

And that's MY coffee you're suckin' down. I dumped out the crud that was in the pot this AM... didn't even LOOK like coffee. Too weak.

chaikwa.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Kinda boring around here with the weather - - 60's nights, 80's days, bright sun, no rain, day after day. We need some rain - - very dry. Our green state is turning brown. Lots of fires starting giving our firefighters a fit keeping them under control.

Good Morning All! woke up to snow yesterday, high of 40 here today with rain and fog. I luuuvvv New yooooork. and even, we had a forest fire this past weekend. go figure?

I do like to hear the geese on the pond, turkeys on the ridge behind the barn
and coyotes at night. best thing is seeing the bears LEAVING!

But could someone do something about that ticked off, grumpy janitor making coffee this AM???!!! More racket than a 'coon in a can! Pictures don't lie- janitors carry brooms not toilet brushes.......
Old 04-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
But could someone do something about that ticked off, grumpy janitor making coffee this AM???!!! More racket than a 'coon in a can! Pictures don't lie- janitors carry brooms not toilet brushes.......
Dang 'Wanna-be's'! You should be thankful I haven't started using those new Clorox Scrubbing Wands yet!

chaikwa.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
But could someone do something about that ticked off, grumpy janitor making coffee this AM???!!! More racket than a 'coon in a can! Pictures don't lie- janitors carry brooms not toilet brushes....... [/COLOR]
It's not "janitor" - - the correct word is "MAID". Go look at the picture and tell me that is a janitor. The correct statement is "iamamaid but wannabeajanitor".

HidingUnderTheToiletCauseTheMaidHasNeverFoundItYet Bob
Old 04-25-2006, 01:24 PM

Good afternoon from Deutchland !!!

Well, Mrs. Pistol finally made it across the big blue pond. I picked her up in Frankfurt and we hopped the ICE train and boogied at a high rate of speed (probably 160+ mph) back down to Stuttgart. Finished up the day with a gourmet meal of frozen lasagna and burnt garlic toast on a paper plate (hey, get off me ... I'm a bachelor !!) and she is off snoozing in lala land.

Gonna be a nice couple weeks. I bet the kids are sure missing mom's cooking by now ... big brother and his girlfriend are definately no whiz in the kitchen.

I hear the thunderboomers in the distance ... hope we get a downpour tonight. Good sleeping music.

PISTOL
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
It's not "janitor" - - the correct word is "MAID". Go look at the picture and tell me that is a janitor.
Yeah, maybe. But I look goooood!

Originally Posted by Fiverbob
The correct statement is "iamamaid but wannabeajanitor".
HidingUnderTheToiletCauseTheMaidHasNeverFoundItYet Bob
My job description is 'Janitor'. My title next to my little self-portrait/avatar thing is 'Janitor'.
It says so, therefore I am!
And I do SO clean that toilet everyday... right before I make the coffee.

chaikwa.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt

Well, Mrs. Pistol finally made it across the big blue pond. I picked her up in Frankfurt and we hopped the ICE train and boogied at a high rate of speed (probably 160+ mph) back down to Stuttgart. Finished up the day with a gourmet meal of frozen lasagna and burnt garlic toast on a paper plate (hey, get off me ... I'm a bachelor !!) and she is off snoozing in lala land.

Gonna be a nice couple weeks. I bet the kids are sure missing mom's cooking by now ... big brother and his girlfriend are definately no whiz in the kitchen.

I hear the thunderboomers in the distance ... hope we get a downpour tonight. Good sleeping music.

PISTOL

Congrats Pistol! Have a great time and give my best to the lovely Mrs Pistol
Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt

PISTOL
ahhhh, you are blessed ; continue that all year! safe and loved!

you are legally married AND you did lunges- you don't HAFTA sleep at night ya know.......
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM

Still feeling the effects of the lunges ... over a week ago .

Gonna take her to work with me today so she can see how little I do and still get paid for it .

Thanks for the well wishes ... she said to tell my "other family" hello too !!

Gotta go find a razor ... and a cup of motivation.

PISTOL
Old 04-26-2006, 05:20 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOOD Morning DTR'rs....
tushie is dragging this morning..... left at 0730 yesterday morning, got into marcus Ia( up by Soiux City) at 1300, left to come back at 1430 and got home around 2200, just enough time to eat and head in for work at 2400...

Mega doses of caffine have failed to rectify the problem I am having staying semi-alert and coherent....

Top it off, I find out when I get here that teh shift transfer I was promised may now be "delayed" for threee months...

Ok....deep breathes CD...dont kill anyone yet..wait till they arent looking.......

Cant wait till 0800 and sleep time...............
Old 04-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
A tad on the chilly side after the rain went through yesterday.
Beautiful sunrise.
Hot fresh coffee.
What's left of the 'Nanner-Nut bread.
Super-Duper fast 'Net connection.
It don't get much better'n this.

Y'all have a great DTR Day,
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 AM
DTR Mom

Wink

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
A tad on the chilly side after the rain went through yesterday.
Beautiful sunrise.
Hot fresh coffee.
What's left of the 'Nanner-Nut bread.
Super-Duper fast 'Net connection.
It don't get much better'n this.

Y'all have a great DTR Day,
Up here in your "top bunk" agrees! frosty at 22 but beautiful sunrise, took sled dogs for a walk (you CANNOT argue with a malamute!) and reminded to appreciate what is out there!

Man, syrup from Redleg; your bread, great breakfasts from Dieselchick and FiverBob- WE CAN'T GET CALORIES FROM A VIRTUAL CAMP BREAKFAST!! Just keep the coffee under someone else's watch.....

okay, time to argue with idiots and lose.......
Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gee Chris, you gotta pull those long hours more often. You didn't have enough energy for you usual rude awakening "noises". Good man - - OK, go to sleep - - you have my per.

Another sunny (meaning no rain) morning in paradise. Maybe get some wet stuff tomorrow, but not any big promises - - sure need it. Picnic on the beach last night with friends and a gorgeous sunset. Breeze off the gulf was just tad chilly and the water very warm - - very pretty and nice relaxing time. That warm water is a little alarming - - hurricane season starts in a couple weeks. Horrors. Went out after protection stuff yesterday. Had a heart attack when I added up the bill. To use the Lexan clear panels with all the fasteners, etc with me installing will run $8000. YUK I could almost replace the glass doors and windows for that. But, if one of those suckers goes in a storm, the results are not pretty. So, I guess you bite the bullet and go for it. OUCH No more toys for a while.

Have a fun day. Coffee wasn't bad - - three cheers for the "MAID".

Bob
Old 04-26-2006, 09:37 PM

Had one of those moments that made my day today during the ride home.
I was in the hammer lane moving with the flow of traffic. I see some idiot in a pickup in my rear view mirror way behind me juking' and jumpin' lanes and haulin' butt in general. He finally comes up behind me and decides to ride my bumper (I can't go any faster then the line of traffic in front of me). Eventually he decides to whip across a few lanes of traffic and starts his zig-zagging and butt haulin' again. Well, he zig-zagged in front of an un-marked Plano policeman who was probably out on road rage patrol. I passed him as he was getting pulled over. Made me smile all the way home.

~Rob
Old 04-26-2006, 10:58 PM

.... did you give him a polite wave and a smile as you drove past him ? Or at least the HA-HA look ??

Took Mrs. Pistol out for a nice dinner at the local gasthouse. Man, do these people know how to cook !!
We dropped off the car to get the oil changed and tires rotated and balanced .. and on the walk back I managed to get us rained on. Bout froze the one tailfeather I had left off.

Think we're goin to look at a castle or palace today. As long as the weather cooperates .

Hope y'all have a great day. Should be a good un .... it's one day closer to FRIDAY !!!

PISTOL

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler April 23 - 29