Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler April 18-24

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 12:08 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWWWWWWWWWWWW,
Lunch was good. Finished up the fried cabbage left ovrt from last night, a couple of polish dogs and kraut, and half a canalope.
Nap time.

bellyisasfullasadogtickShortround out
Old 04-19-2004, 12:14 PM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 cords! I don't smoke that much I would put it to good use...may take me a while to use up 6 cords. I know a few men that would take some of it. That size is how I like them. I would like some wood. I would like to work something out....call, pm, email, whatever....let me know...TIA

JKE
Old 04-19-2004, 12:15 PM
JKE

If you have some not split, I'll be up for that. I can split it myself and save you some work......JKE
Old 04-19-2004, 01:08 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by shortround
AWWWWWWWWWWWW,
Lunch was good. Finished up the fried cabbage left ovrt from last night, a couple of polish dogs and kraut, and half a canalope.
Nap time.

So Glad we dont share an office
Old 04-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by shortround
AWWWWWWWWWWWW,
Nap time.

(starts up the super-hepa-vac-u-filter air seperator and plasmatronic ionizer)
Old 04-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by Mexstan
Thanks Bob for acknowledging what a nice day it is where I live. Bob, want to come and visit paradise?
Stan, how could you read my mind? I was going to ask if you wanted to come and visit ME in paradise. Weatherman predicting 82 for the rest of the week, 60 at night. How marvelous. Wish it would stay this way all summer.

Cleaned out the storage room today and turned in the key. Finally sorted through all of mom's things. Think I will build one of those storage complexes. They get the same rent per sf for no AC, no plumbing, no electric, no interior finish, no maintenance, no windows, one roll up door that I get from my office building. Something not right. Maybe not enough competition. HMMMM.

Gotta go smell some diesel fumes. See ya.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:32 AM
JKE

good morning men. finally got garden ready for the rest of the tomato plants. time to do a little diggin'.

have a good day - JKE
Old 04-20-2004, 05:46 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Goooooood Morning Campers!
Another Beeeeeeautiful Spring morning in the Nation's capital.

Final Project Presentation & Graduation last night.

I be graduitated now.
funny, I don't feel any smarter........

Three day work week and a 3 day weekend coming up...........

Coffee's on, who's brought donuts?

Ed
Old 04-20-2004, 06:29 AM

Morning folks. Light rain outside the entrance to the Bat Cave. Looks like I'm finally going to get to hire another body. Our HRO is not the most talented group in the world, so I ended up rewriting the job anouncement. At least whoever is interested can look up on the web what equipment they will be working on. Anyone out there interested or know anyone that might be interested? Here is part of the announcement.

POSITION TITLE, SERIES AND GRADE POSITION NUMBER SALARY RANGE
Electronics Mechanic (Tow Missile) R8894000 $17.85 - $20.83 ph
WG-2604-11 (Anticipated Vacancy)

TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Technician, Excepted, Warrant Officer or Enlisted,
Non-Supervisory, Permanent

NOMINATING OFFICIAL: LTC Ronald E. Stanley, CSMS Superintendent
LOCATION OF POSITION: DCSLOG-SM-CSMS, AR ARNG, Camp Robinson,
North Little Rock, AR 72199-9600

AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Onboard:
(1) Onboard qualified military technicians of the Arkansas Army National Guard.
(2) Onboard qualified technicians of the Arkansas Air National Guard.
New Hire:
(3) Qualified members of the AR ARNG/AR ANG.
(4) Individuals who are not members of the National Guard, but are eligible to acquire membership in an available and compatible military grade for excepted technician positions.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: GENERAL: Experience, education or training which demonstrates the applicant's knowledge of electrical or electronic theory, knowledge of common testing procedures, skill in the use of hand tools of the electronics trade, and skill in reading schematics. SPECIALIZED: Must have 18 months experience in the overhaul, modification, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment.

PLACEMENT FACTORS: Applicants should demonstrate through prior experience, education and training the following: (1) Knowledge of test equipment capability, to include system specific and commercial off the shelf. (2) Knowledge of standard practices for electronics, electro-optical and electro-mechanical test, operations, and theory of operation, theory of operation of types of electronic, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical circuits, and their effect on one another. (3) Skill in applying electronics knowledge to adapt test procedures to available test equipment. (4) Ability to install, repair and maintain electronic, electronic-optical, and electro-mechanical systems. (5) Skill in isolating and correcting system and subsystem failures and malfunctions. (6) Completion of MOS producing schools related to the position. Upon selection, must be a member of the AR ARNG, and assigned to a compatible military position in WO: Branch 14, 25, 91; CMF 31, 33, 35, 37.

SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The incumbent works as a mechanic performing direct and general support maintenance on Close Combat Anti-Armor Weapon Systems, associated Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment, and associated training devices. Equipment includes both stand-alone and integrated Weapons Systems to include fire control systems, guidance systems, optical and thermal target acquisition systems, electro-mechanical interface, power supply systems, and laser rangefinder/target designators.
Missile systems supported include TOW, ITAS, Javelin, and Dragon. Laser rangefinders/target designators include the KNIGHT, G/VLLD and MELIOS. Performs other duties as assigned.

Let me know and I'll get all the info to ya.

gonnagoeatacoupleofbearclawsandgetanothercupofjoeS hortround out
Old 04-20-2004, 07:12 AM

I only saw a few items omitted from the List of Qualifications.

"Must be able to make a decent cup of coffee, and know how to properly barbeque a hog."

"Must be able to change the oil & filter in a Dodge/Cummins without causing a Hazmat Clean-Up situation"

and most importantly,
"Must be able to put up with a cantankerous short timer, who has been cooped up too long in the BatCave with out sunlight, or human company".

edit:
Must look good in "the Uniform"
Old 04-20-2004, 07:38 AM

Ed,
You didn't mention "set in his ways."
Old 04-20-2004, 06:58 PM

Hahahahaha .... trying to get the picture of SR in that "uniform" out of my head !!

PISTOL
Old 04-20-2004, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Hahahahaha .... trying to get the picture of SR in that "uniform" out of my head !!

PISTOL
That is for his "assistant".

This would be SR's uniform......
Old 04-21-2004, 04:59 AM
JKE

good morning men.

time to get to it. JKE
Old 04-21-2004, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Alright, Flatman and Bobbin.

Back in the VIrginia pit this morning. Finally got out of that Ct drag.

Quick Reply: Water Cooler April 18-24