Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler...... 27 Feb- 5 Mar 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~Rb

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Rob, skip the foo-foo juice and just fax the tequila...........it's been one of those days.

Will do. Hope the worm doesn't get too squished in the machine.

~Rob
Old 03-04-2005, 04:58 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Out of here... take care guys.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
PW,
I am going to miss not having you down below me. Hope there is someone else down there to keep them Zombies in line in the square. I might want to visit it again this fall. We like Bahia Honda. Hope you have a good trip over and find the conditions to your liking. What about your baby? Leaving it here I guess. Poor thing will miss you too. Thanks for your efforts - - we appreciate you guys.

They called on the scan - - I do have something in there - - they think it is a brain. Main thing is nothing more - - that is the good news. Now to figure out what is happening up there - - getting horrible headaches. They now think it is in the neck. Bummer. Shouldn't happen when you are only 29.

OldGoatBob
Old 03-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey Bob glad to hear the scan was negative

One thing I learned as an Old Goat is to quit butting heads with the wife, I find my head doesn't hurt so much when I just say "Yes Dear" And those black eyes disappeared soon after as well

Good luck with the diagnosis, probably just getting a little too much sun
Old 03-05-2005, 06:16 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Somber Saturday morning in the 'Shovelhead' household.

Daughter and Wifey have gone to the Vet for the final time with Simon our 15 year old Cocker Spaniel.
He can hardly breathe, can't sleep, can't hear, is bumping into things.

He will be sorely missed.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 03-05-2005, 06:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had to do that a time or two myself. It's tough, but you got to do it. Sorry to hear.

ED
Old 03-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
SH,
Sorry about that - - not fun. All the "boys" in our family are too chicken to do it - - the wife has to take the animals in for this little thing. We have decided no more animals or plants in our house - - the wife kills them all. Stop that dear, we still love you. Now, put Bambi on the end of the sights of my rifle and I can pull the trigger - - stupid, huh. Our last one was our 17 year old poodle - - same thing, deaf, not eating right, blind - - kept falling in the pool and couldn't see where to swim to get to the steps. I do know I had better keep moving around my house and not let my wife know I am reaching the same condition - - I know what will happen to me. Scary thought.

Great day down here today - - yep, and you are right Lary, I will probably get a little too much sun today.

Bob
Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 AM

Sorry to hear that Ed, thats tough when you have had them for so long. My parents had to do it to 2 of ours when I was younger. He will be waiting at the bridge for you.

~Rob
Old 03-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Been a loooong day.

G'nite folks.
C-Y'all in the AM