Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler...... 27 Feb- 5 Mar 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Shovelhead

It seems my lack of ambition is keeping a perfect balance with the number of tasks on my stuff-to-do list.
At this rate, I'll be as productive as the average Government worker by the end of the month
Carerful now, or you'll get promoted.

Mornin' everyone. 50* here this am, brief rain shower on the way in, just in time to catch me while walking from the truck to the front door here. No plans this weekend, that scares me. I usually end up being busier on weekends when nothing was planned then on the ones where stuff was planned. I believe some time with a frosty beverage(s) and a grill is called for. Got a killer recipe for Margaritas from my neighbor. Takes the right kind of tequila to do it right (Silver Petron). Gotta get my neighbor with the smoker/bbq to invite us over for brisket some night. Mayber if I lube him up with some margaritas that would work.

~countinhoursRob
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shovelhead
Gasoline is going up (to the same prices we've been paying for diesel fuel for the last 5 months)........anyone here ready to shed a tear?
Some of us do drive vehicles powered by the "other" petroleum product so I'm not happy. I'd rather see diesel come down to gas prices.

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Shed a tear? I'm ready to shed some grenade pins! Short day today. Sunny. Ex was just about on her knees begging for me to come plow....... Hmhmhmhmwahahahaha. Rob, fax that margarita about 6.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Huey
Is it beer thirty yet??? Dang, I hate these slow, boring days

Hey Top, ya got any rita mix you can spare??
Sorry Huey! (sip sip) All out of Rita mix around here (sip sip) weally rish I cOuld hep you ouT (sip sip)......(hic)
Old 03-04-2005, 10:24 AM

Dang Sgt's always hoggin the supplies!!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:30 AM

Aahhhhh it's Friday !!!

Colder'n spit outside today with the wind blowin and the rain comin off and on. Must be down to at least 75* out there. Where's my parka ??

The darn gas folks always seem to jack up the price of gas right when I need to make a long trip. This one may hurt a bit .

Time for my nap .... my farewell party is tonight. (Please keep the trashcans at THAT end of the barracks in the morning.) Y'all are invited if'n y'ont to come.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 03-04-2005, 11:47 AM

Hey PW, just noticed your heading over, you know where yet?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon all - - great day here - - sun, cool, wonderful out. What a day. Off to the hospital for cat scans to see if I still have any brains. Good news - - it's still there. Hot doggy.

Lazy day planned - - sounds like fun to me. Be good.

Bob
Old 03-04-2005, 12:18 PM

Redleg,

Yep ... out of here in 7 and a wake up, provided that my new injector pump and lift pump show up in time. Going to Stuttgart, Germany for the last two years before I join you guys in the retired ranks. Then I'm gonna be buggin you all for farming tips. (time to start that green thumb thread again.)

Fiver,
I could'a waved a stray cat over your head for free. Everyone thinks it takes a college grad to to do a cat-scan (Seriously ... I hope everything is ok with ya).

PISTOL
Old 03-04-2005, 12:20 PM

Mornin yall...its finally friday thankgod..although im workin all weekend at my other job n the kids i coach have a game saturday n the 4H kids coming over to work horses on sunday..what i wouldnt give for a full weekend off...knowin my luck by the time i stop volunteering to 4H n to coach n what not ill have my own kids to run round chasin lol...hope yall have a great weekend n take care
~Heather~
Old 03-04-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Redleg,

Yep ... out of here in 7 and a wake up, provided that my new injector pump and lift pump show up in time. Going to Stuttgart, Germany for the last two years before I join you guys in the retired ranks. Then I'm gonna be buggin you all for farming tips. (time to start that green thumb thread again.)

Fiver,
I could'a waved a stray cat over your head for free. Everyone thinks it takes a college grad to to do a cat-scan (Seriously ... I hope everything is ok with ya).

PISTOL
Not retired here, just changed careers. Regretably, I didn't make it to the Stuttgart side. You have to check out Garmisch and Berchtesgaden though. Is this the 1st time or have you been over there before? Better trade your bermuda's for a raincoat.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Redleg
Rob, fax that margarita about 6.
Frozen or on the rocks? Salt or not??

~Rob
Old 03-04-2005, 02:51 PM

yes...
Old 03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Rob, skip the foo-foo juice and just fax the tequila...........it's been one of those days.

All I've heard the past week is "Don't forget to set up for the function on Friday,....It has to be ready to go by COB on Friday."

Spent 6 1/2 hours today setting up for the function.
Got about 45 minutes from completing the setup when the cell phone rang.

Person 'In Charge'
"Uhhhhhm........The function has been postponed for two weeks.....tear everything back down."

Job Security.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:04 PM

Yes it has..... all week. 55 minutes to go.....

Quick Reply: Water Cooler...... 27 Feb- 5 Mar 2005