Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler...... 27 Feb- 5 Mar 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coffee's good, cold one today. Camry grumbled a bit when I woke it up this morning. We're ready for a break in the weather..... propane's getting pretty low.

John what size smokehouse did you decide on?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sunny day on the coast.
I am gonna cut out early and go camping at Harris Beach State Park fo a couple days of much needed R&R
Old 03-03-2005, 10:11 AM
JKE

12 x 28 Total size. Actual smoke area 12 x 12. The rest will be wood storage, TV, cooking area when it's raining ect. Kinda like home away from home...ie dog house with a frig close by .

I've gotta get back up there and layout a good spot for the smoke house. I am trying to avoid removing timber. I have to drop 2 big white oaks as it is and I hate to do that. I think I may have to destroy a beautiful mountain laurel too . I only have so many options. Too many ideas and no money or time to do them. - JKE
Old 03-03-2005, 10:34 AM

How big around are the oaks? If I get a few issues taken care of on the truck, I may drive it down sometime. I don't want to wear out hte Camry any more than I already am commuting an hour or so. If I can make it, It would be nothing to bring the chainsaw and mini-mill and maybe make some lumber. Smokehouse sounds perfect. One day it would be nice to throw together a sugarshack/smokehouse similar to that. ALso contemplating a kiln of some kind. AAAANNNNNNNDDD maybe a hobby shop next to the cabin overlooking the creek. Probably log. Something for my rodbuilding, woodshop and other things that clutter up my cabin. I am contemplating a bamboo rodbuilding class in Pennsylvania. I'd like to get more serious with that. although I was rusty, I'm pretty happy with the way this last rod turned out. Getting into bamboo will take more room than I can comfortably dedicate right now. I agree, time is the killer..... btu you gotta keep plugging away.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:36 AM

Mornin yall...another beautiful day here...gawd its weather like this that makes me hate that I have an office job..worked the new mare last night and got some more ground covered on here..have two weeks left on her..geez time flies...spent most of the night lookin for billet inserts..figured since i got a new bumper might as well fix my busted grille<brother took out a mesquite tree one night 4 wheelin>..movin slow this mornin n still stiff..had to down an energy drink this mornin n some mt dew just to get out the door..hopefully the day will fly..Thanks Chris..shes better than she was before...hope yall have a gooden.
~Heather~
Old 03-03-2005, 11:03 AM

Tellin' ya... coffee's where it's at! Those health drinks are just snake oil.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:29 AM
JKE

Not sure on the size. we have a sawmill up there and lots of wood. So, I have that at my disposal. I may rip those oaks and use them for panneling inside the smoke house.

Oh, I forgot to mention a salt pit for ham.

I've got cherry and pecan trees to transplant up there. Try to keep as many "useful" trees going as possible. There will be some pines to come out, only 5 - 10. Virginia and White. Not bad on 9 acres. The rest is hard wood and mountain laurel. I will replace them with Hickory, Red oak...etc.....

getting those big stumps out will be teh trick

You're welcome to come visit any time. We can shoe the horses and go fishin' and have a cookout of course....John
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 PM

Cut a couple thick slabs for a couple benches to put in front of the smoker... maybe a picnic table. You could always use for stables.

Startinganotherpotdon
Old 03-03-2005, 01:28 PM
JKE

thanks. got class tonight. gonna be a long one.

I have 2 benches now with oak posts next to my fire pit. they work good. My FNL cuts a lot of wood for the barn/stables. The horses and mules chew up the wood. He has a couple of benches too. I'll use some to make a chicken coupe once we get up there.

that mill is real handy.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Redleg
Tellin' ya... coffee's where it's at! Those health drinks are just snake oil.
ewwww no coffee..not only does it taste like crud its smells nasty too..n i didnt drink a health drink..just an energy drink..like red bull but better...top that off with some mt dew n oh lordy talk about a jolt lol..now im drinkin a dr pepper..i tell ya if it wasnt for caffeine id be a zombie
~Heather~
Old 03-03-2005, 02:35 PM

Is it beer thirty yet??? Dang, I hate these slow, boring days

Hey Top, ya got any rita mix you can spare??
Old 03-04-2005, 05:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, nother wet Friday around here. Started tearing into the 89 gasser last night. Had an EXTREME backfire due to bad coil and distributor pickup. Now have 6 manifold bolts to drill out of the heads. Hope not to have to pull them, but what do you want to bet?

Wifey learned new word combinations, but at least the job is started.

Have a great time, and WHO TOOK THE LAST CUP??????

ED
Old 03-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Sposed to be sunny wit' temps in the mid to upper 40s.
Time to break out the t-shirts and shorts.

Ed. The way to beat the system is to bring coffee in 'yer thermos.

It seems my lack of ambition is keeping a perfect balance with the number of tasks on my stuff-to-do list.
At this rate, I'll be as productive as the average Government worker by the end of the month.

Gasoline is going up (to the same prices we've been paying for diesel fuel for the last 5 months)........anyone here ready to shed a tear?

Y'all B safe
Ed
Old 03-04-2005, 06:04 AM
JKE

Mornin'. 82 here lastnight.....in the grow room . Better turn it down a notch. sprouts everywhere. lots of work on the way. 28 on the way in this morning. still clear. lookin' good for the weekend.

mmmmm gooood.

Don't forget the abandon ship drill at 1530.
BUT you have to show up first. where is everyone?

SR - we may need some backup.

Ya'll have a good morning - JKE
Old 03-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quick Mornin from here,,,,,
Got called in to work my old job for the 12-8 shift and I'm headed up to the other end of the plant for my 8-4 training. Then it's FRIDAY for me as well! Might not be too bad of a weekend off.

Y'all have a good one,,,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Water Cooler...... 27 Feb- 5 Mar 2005