Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 08:48 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY

Good morning!<br><br>Back on the day shift (midnight relief) this quarter. Gonna have a retirement this summer that will secure me a permanent day slot. Trout opener was Saturday, got one that was under limit. The nice weather had everybody with a fishing pole and then some, tearing up the river. Went back to the cabin and did yard work. Where'd those donuts go.....?<br>Don
Old 04-28-2003, 09:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Good morning to all.<br>Have been reading &quot;Water Cooler&quot; for quite a while now and noticed that many of you post your weather. Just to make some of you jealous, today where I am is about a perfect a day as one can get. The sky is cloudless and a brilliant blue, just a whisper of a breeze, the temperature at 9:30 a.m. is 71 degrees and the humidity is a very dry 20%. When I went out a short whle ago the air felt soooooooo nice. Sun is getting hot. The birds are happy and noisy and there are a lot of butterflies around. The humming birds come to within three feet of me as they feed. Days like this I really appreciate being alive and can count my blessings that I am not an invalid, have all my senses and can enjoy what God has made. I am more than blessed!!! Think I will give myself the day off just to enjoy it. Maybe order some more toys for my toy, the CTD
Old 04-29-2003, 05:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Back at work this morning. :<br><br>Lots o stuff to do. :<br><br>Gotta get going.<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)<br><br>Ed
Old 04-29-2003, 06:05 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to keep SH from getting his panties in a wad, I hereby announce that I'm at work today and actually doing what the government pays me to do.<br>With that said, I'm outta here (for a little while anyway).<br><br>reallydoingsomeworkshortround out
Old 04-29-2003, 07:07 AM

Good Morning DTR.<br>I'm here, but working is questionable today <br>To much work cuts into the DTR time ;D
Old 04-29-2003, 07:20 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Good morning.<br>Took the Sheriff's test yesterday. 1st question he asked was what's 1 and 1. I told him 11. Next he asked me to name two day of the week starting with a T. I told him today and tomorrow. Then he asked me who shot Abraham Lincoln. I thought about it and told him I didn't know. He said I could go study it and come back tomorrow. <br><br>When I got home my wife asked how I did. I told &quot;Honey i did great. He only asked me two questions and assigned me to a murder case!&quot;
Old 04-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

;D
Old 04-29-2003, 12:24 PM

I have the distinct privelege of riding herd on moving my lab to another building today and tomorrow. If you don't here from me it'll probably be because I strangled some idiot who asked a stupid question that had an obvious answer and they locked me up.<br><br>Now, I wonder how long I can fake not being able to find anything I need to be able to work before they catch on? If I do this right I can probably get at least a two week break before I have to start the system back up - which may take two more weeks and thats before I decide to go on a much-needed vacation right in the middle of startup.<br><br>Repeat after me - I Love My Job (at least I don't have to deal with jellyfish in my suit).<br><br>Now where did I put that whip?
Old 04-30-2003, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Well, looks like I'm up before everyone else this morning.<br>Crap, I've been at work, I forgot.<br>Oh well, only three more hours to go.<br>Have a lovely DTR day.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:41 AM

Mornin' Campers.....Another Day In Paradise. : <br><br>Since I'm only working 3 days a week 'til Memorial Day, my customer has now decided to try to cram 16 hrs of work into my 8 hr schedule. <br>Gonna be another one of &quot;those&quot; days.<br>C-Y'all at lunch.<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)<br><br>Ed
Old 04-30-2003, 05:47 AM

Mornin ...<br><br> &gt;All I can say is that today had better be 100% better than yesterday was or somebody is gonna be walkin with a permanent gimp !!! What a bear. Workin with civilian DOD personnel is a real tax on my military mind .<br><br> Anywhoo ... nuthin but positive thoughts today. breath in ...breathe out and then go have a beer.<br><br>Don't mind me... I'm havin fun, Ya'll have a great DTR day !!!<br><br>WannachokeacoupleciviliansPISTOL
Old 04-30-2003, 06:15 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

PW,<br>At least you only wear one hat. You could be like me and have to wear two of them. Better yet, try to explain to a PFC (Pure F'ing Civilian) why a civilian (at least the government tells us that) has to wear a military uniform all the time when he is not active duty. Better yet, take DoD regs, match them with the applicable service regs (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc), and then come up with the one that better suits the purpose of the individual wanting those regs. Sure would be nice to deal with black and white instead of all the gray.<br>With that said, I may just take off half a day, have a half dozen or so hydraulic porkchops, and go fishing.<br><br>gladicancheckittothemin253daysifiw antShortround out
Old 04-30-2003, 06:34 AM

Morning all. Another wonderful day in paradise <br>I can relate to the chokin the civilians and I walk around sportin a shootin iron!<br>Guess there is less paperwork if you choke um than shoot um
Old 05-01-2003, 04:58 AM

G'Day <br>Early start this mornin' <br><br>Gonna be another one of &quot;Those&quot; days. :<br><br>Have a great DTR day. 8)<br><br>Ed
Old 05-01-2003, 05:28 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Hi folks! Today is an official holyday over here. So I'll have to work only 4 hrs ;D<br>Then I'll go and tidy up my RAM <br><br>Life is good !<br><br>AlpineRAM

Quick Reply: Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY