Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 05:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY

Guess I'll get this started. Going to be about 70 today with lots of sun. Only one at work today so I guess I'll wash and wax the rig. Oh Boy!!! Take care all,<br>ED
Old 04-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY

Mornin' all.
Warm temps and sunshine here today. 8)

Cup-o-hot-coffee on the desk, smell of scrapple fryin' in the kitchen, one dog in my lap, other on the floor beside me.......Life don't get no better'n this. ;D

Have a great DTR day.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mornin y'all,<br> Spent the night listening to the thunder and rain. Pretty big storm, filled up the kids swimming pool (size of a small stock pond) in just a few hours. Supposed to be decent for a few hours today and then hit us hard again. <br> Ahhhh the start of another hurricane season is a comin'. Can't wait to transfer .<br><br> Everybody have a great day.<br>PISTOL
Old 04-27-2003, 08:38 AM

Mornin<br>Today looks like a day to find indoor projects. It is raining right now but hopefully clear up this afternoon. Temps yesterday was about 65* and today supposed to be about 68*. Hope the rain quits soon, I neeed to put a master cyl. on my truck and don't have a garage (yet).<br>Tom
Old 04-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good morning diesel freaks! 8)... It should hit about 70* here today, yestarday was a scorcher! The tree's are budding out, the loons and ducks have returnded to the lake, summer time in alaska is here! .. You all have a great day, I need to pull the boat out, take her for a run and get her up for sale.<br>[move]I NEED BOMBING MONEY![/move]<br><br> ;D ;D ;D
Old 04-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good afternoon fellow DTRonians Got the oil changed in the wifes chevy and thankfully nobody saw me working in my disguise hidden the the darkened garage <br><br> Actually her 4x4 sport side has been a great little truck, I bought it new and 91 and Im finally getting my money's worth from it. 108,000 miles and nothing but brakes and oil changes, and the ocassional tune-up. <br><br> Still on her original clutch, that tells me the wife does know how to drive a stick shift <br><br> Have a safe day people and somebody toss pistolwhipt a life perserver!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Shovelhead, what is scrapple?<br>OK, the rest of you can carry on laughing, but I really don't know what this is. Grits I know, (like chewing on sandpaper) but scrapple is a new one to me.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Scrapple:<br><br>All the left over parts good for nothing else ground up to face power consistency and made into a gelatinous mixture poured into some kind of mold shaped container. Allowed to cool and form, then sliced and fried and usually eaten covered in pancake syrup. Pretty good too if made right.<br><br>Then there's potted meat, souse, pickled pigs feet, fatback, chitlins, well, you get the idea. Old man Sam used to say they used everything but the squeal and he was working on that.<br><br>Howdy fellow sniffers. It's Sunday evening and I'm going to work to keep the lights on for all you computer geeks and couch potatoes. Wait a minute, that includes me too. : ;D
Old 04-27-2003, 04:19 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Thanks for the description of scrapple. Sounds non-fattening : Must be one of them southern style dishes.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:42 PM

Hello again folks.<br>Not 2 minutes passed after my last post when the &quot;Work&quot; phone rang. :<br>Seems a retired General staying in Visitor's quarters couldn't get his lap-top line working.........OMG!!!!.....Red Alert!!!!......at 0800 on a Sunday morning....yeah that's our tax $$$ are spent keeping the Nation safe. :<br>Problem was I had an 1100 class 20 miles in the other direction to get to, and Wifey had Breakfast (did I mention Scrapple?) on the table ready to eat.<br><br>Long story short....I fixed the line, made it back home in time to slam-down breakfast (now Nuked to reheat ), and ran out the door and made the class 5 minutes before it started.<br>Yeah nuttin' like a peaceful Sunday at Shovelhead's house.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:53 PM

Evenin' all,<br>Woke up this morning and unzipped the tent to a great North Texas morning. (Note to self: the ground keeps getting harder, start savings account for a 5'er). Made coffee and had breakfast, eggs and bacon, no scrapple . Drove down to the beach and passed a disturbing sight on the way there: the North Texas Powerstroke Assoc. was having their annual rally at the state park that weekend (Note to self: check the NTxPSA event schedule before making reservations at any more parks). A whole area of nothing but Fords, oh well, that unpleasant sight wasn't going to ruin the day. Got to the beach and crawled around in the rocks for a while, too cold to swim. Went back and packed up. Boy it would be easier to throw everything into a 5'er and just go, I think I spend 1/2 of my time camping putting air into things and then taking it back out. On the way out, saw a whole mess of blue bonnets and had to stop and take some pictures of the wife standing in them. Sure going to hate going back to the office tomorrow.<br>Rob
Old 04-28-2003, 06:04 AM

Mornin' Campers,<br>Sittin' at home this AM, kicked back wit' a cup-o-coffee. ;D<br><br>Temps in the low 80's later today, gotta blow the cobwebs off the Bagger.<br><br>Have a safe and great DTR day.<br><br>Get to work SR, I see ya loafin' over there.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:14 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Morning SH,<br>Yep, I'm back at it. Had to come in and rest. In between getting other folks seed beds ready, I did manage to get about 3/4 of an acre planted. If everything works out, I should have most everything in the ground this week. I did manage to make a couple hundred bucks doing those other gardens. Only 3 1/2 or so run hours on the tractor. That ought to keep me in beer and fuel for the next week or so.<br>Y'all have a good day now. I get to wrestle with some good old OSHA regs this morning. Nothing like pulling out the big guns when you want something done.<br><br>hurtingallovermorethananyplaceshortro und out
Old 04-28-2003, 06:21 AM

Morning all, going to be a great day here. Temps in the 70's, lots of sunshine ;D<br><br>Why am I at work?? It aint for the coffee and doughnuts! Must be the almighty dollar
Old 04-28-2003, 06:47 AM

Morning everyone,<br> Survived another bout with the weather. Didn't know that it could hail in the Keys but it sure did yesterday. I've got a few small dings in my hood to prove it :'(. <br><br> Scrapple huh ? Sounds like something that they would try to slide past us on the mess line onboard ship towards the end of deployment. Good eatin I'm sure ... just don't think about what's in it. Lips and elbows.<br><br> My casting arm is getting ill ... may have to go see Dr. Sea Bass this week ;D.<br><br>Have another great day.<br>PISTOL

Quick Reply: Water Cooler 27 Apr - 3 MAY