Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler 25 July to 31 July 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by chaikwa
I swear, if ONE MORE THING goes wrong this week...
On our way home from an event with our 30' fire safety trailer, one of the wheels on the trailer starts smoking. We get it home and I pull a wheel off to find the brake shoes had come apart and slipped one on top of the other. Pulled all the guts out and stuffed it back together brakeless for now. New parts on their way, but won't be here 'til Monday. So, with 3 more events to do between now and Sunday, we'll be dragging this 10,000lb trailer around with only 3 brakes. THAT oughta be fun.
chaikwa.
Been there, done that. All the way home from Iowa to Virginia with three brakes on the trailer. The adjuster had come loose and fell down to the bottom and scored and smoked the drum. Oh well, chunk the parts in the garbage can, stuff the wheel back on, and hammer down. Some times you just gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin Folks,,,
Sorry I missed your B-day Ed,,,, hope ya had a good one! Today is my wife's B-day and at least I didn't miss this one. (Handed her a card a little gift this mornin before I left for work,,,,, I'll take her out for dinner this evening)
Seen a bad RV accident this mornin on the way to work. SUV pulling a 24-26' tag camper,,,, rolled down into the median,,,,RV busted up and split open,,,,, SUV with flattened roof,,,,, hope everyone made it out OK.

Y'all have a good one,,
Be SAFE!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy belated, Ed. Sweet 16 and never been kissed, right ??

Saturday ... polished off a big breakfast of "loaded" eggs and 1/4" thick bacon
I can feel my arteries cloggin but we all gotta die of something.

Only 25 days until I get to see the family for a couple weeks !!! I have a loooong list of things that I want to get done at the homestead but probably won't have time ... gotta lotta kids needing squeezed . Got my priorities.

Y'all have a great weekend and if you are on the road ... watch out for that other guy ... he's probably NOT watchin out for you.

PISTOL
Old 07-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Sleepin' in a little this morning.

Wifey hit the kitchen this morning ('bout darned time too)
<quickly looks around to make sure she's not standing behind me
> and made eggs, hash brown taters, snausages, toast and coffee.

Got lots on the Honey-Do list today.
Firing up the pressure washer @ 0900 to clean off the walks & driveway of my neighbor who gave me his brand new, unused washer in the first place.

Painting is almost done... I wonder how it would work if I dropped the soap pickup for the Pressure Washer into a bucket of paint.

Naaaaa, better not.

Y'all B safe and enjoy the "relaxing" weekend.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Any body got an extra couch? I stepped in it big time last night. Wifey has a couple Riviera's shes' "going to fix up".

I drug home a load of steel truss beams a neighbor had. She asked what for, and like a fool, I said "I need another shop since it appears that you will never do anything with the cars in the one I have now."

Cold left-over frozen pizza and a hard couch do not make for comfortable sleeping.

Who wants to help put up another shop (to include a nice sleeping area)?

Life goes on........

Ed
Old 07-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

The cycle is broken - - there is salmon in the freezer. Finally found them suckers. Not much more room, so the rest will be flash frozen and shipped home to be waiting for us whenever we decide to go home. That is, unless some dumb hurricane decides to hit "home" and wipe out the power. Ohhhhh, what a horrible thought.

Still gloomy and cool in Valdez, but sure pretty - - and there are salmon here - - all over the place.

HavingFunInAlaskaBob