Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler 25 July to 31 July 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Munch time.
Just got back into the office.
Figured I'd crash in here for a few minutes to recover from the heat outside.
Guess what?..........the danged AC in my office is on the fritz and it's 85* in here with no way to open a window.
Oh well, called the weather on the phone and the recording says the temp at 12:30 is 100*

Heading back out into the heat to cool off.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Shovelhead
Munch time.
Just got back into the office.
Figured I'd crash in here for a few minutes to recover from the heat outside.
Guess what?..........the danged AC in my office is on the fritz and it's 85* in here with no way to open a window.
Oh well, called the weather on the phone and the recording says the temp at 12:30 is 100*

Heading back out into the heat to cool off.
Makes a note NOT to hide the donuts in Ed'S office anymore
Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM

Now sitting in the AC at home eating a Freezer-POP.

MAN!!... these things are as addictive as cigarettes.
But you don't have to light up, or stand outside to enjoy 'em.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang you guys sure havent been to active round here lately...Glad to see yall are doing good. I have been beyond busy with work, horses and trying to stay outta trouble. This heat/humidity is gonna kill me, wouldnt be so bad if we could get a real good rain once and forall instead of this lil piddley stuff here in there. Just got in from unloading a ton and half of hay, usually aint that bad but seeing how I have bronchitus and can barely breathe i feel like I have no lungs left. Trucks been running great, took her up to Payson last weekend for the RMEF banquet, was a great drive but dang I gotta get a new condensor n charge my ac real soon. Hope everyone is doing good. Yall have a gooden n take care.
~Heather~
Old 07-27-2005, 11:59 PM

Morning y'all,

Another beautiful day in Baden-Wurtemburg !!! Supposed to be 91 again today. No a/c in my office (broom closet) ... should be lovely.

Luckily the place I am renting has marble floors which keeps nice and cooooool.
Hopefully it works the other way when the snow starts flying .

Daily Wisdom from Grandpa .......

Whether a man winds up
with a nest egg,
or a goose egg,
depends a lot on the
kind of chick he marries.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 07-28-2005, 05:41 AM

Aye Chihuahua.......
70* outside........90* inside the office.......where are those AC guys?

Storms rolled through providing a welcome relief to the upper 90s and humidity from the past week.

Stuff-to-do list so far looks non-existant, cleaned up the last job yesterday @ 1400hrs.
Hope it stays that way.

'Sposed to be heading for Point Lookout in MD for a camping trip with the Wifey and her cousins this weekend.
Should be fun as Wifey's idea of "Roughing It" means the Cable TV in the motel room doesn't get the Spanish channels.

Y'all B safe

EDIT: AC guys say it looks like the compressor took the big dirt nap.
Now which will come first?
A: They find a replacement compressor and get it installed.
or
B: I disable the phones to their shop supervisor until it gets repaired...........
Old 07-28-2005, 06:08 AM

Finished the noon feedbag, sipping iced tea, about 90 F here in Vilseck Germany, Take the train to Nuremberg sometime late this afternoon. Stay at the motel at the airport. Have an early flight to Paris. Going to Disney Land with wife and 2 grandaughters. None of them like the rolleycoasters, 'cept me. Hope good weather stays with us. Come back Monday afternoon, probley have some time for sight seeing.
Heather, when does it cool off in AZ? You take care of your self

Davey
Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aye Chihuahua.......

Oh, 'chihuahua', I thought you said 'chaikwa'!

Finally cooled off some here and the humidity went away. Now the stoopid grass is growin' like crazy again. Just mowed it sunday and it's alrready 5" tall again. Maybe I'll sneak some Round-up in Ma's garden hose fertilizer jug!

Hey Redleg, I just might try Sears. I wonder if they have the same warranty on their power tools that they have on their hand tools? (You break it, they replace it) I know I won't be getting another Dewalt, that's for sure!

Oh, and Shovelhead, definitely option 'B'!

chaikwa.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:46 AM

I'm back...

Well...I've good news...

I finally bought me a 1983 Goldwing 1100. It needs a bit of work but its sure cheaper to drive back in forth to work every day... It getting about 40-45 MPG currently and need a bit of tuning or I need to keep my hand out of the throttle...

Nice morning here the cloud cover is light and it only 50*F as I write this post. But I know I've got some yard work to do to day so I better in enjoy the cool morning while I can!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
JKE

Howdy everyone.

canning maters, beans and salsa. MMMMmmmmmmm home made salsa. Corn's done, squash is done, pepers and maters coming in as fast as we can can and eat. I always forget how much work this is.

Gave the boys a choice for their desert the other night. They had to choose from cherry tomatoes and pickled okra or candy.

They chose cherry tomatoes and picled okra ...That's my boys!

Ya'll have a great weekend. Today is my Friday. Heading south to the St. Johns river. Gonna see if any shrimp are running, crabs are present, fish the river and do some surf fishing at Turtle Mound. Counting the hours to departure...

Be good - JKE
Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Cloudy and cool in Alaska land today - presently in Valdez. Gorgeous. The salmon are crawling all over one another trying to get up the rivers. Wow, what a sight. Going out tomorrow and Saturday and see about filling up a shipping carton and fly it home to be waiting for us when we get back.

Truck moved out of the "warranty" period yesterday - - been over 10,000 miles all ready on this trip and still a LOOOOONNNNGGG way from home. I will probably be about 18,000 by the time I get to Sarasota again. She is running great.

WanderingBob
Old 07-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I swear, if ONE MORE THING goes wrong this week...

On our way home from an event with our 30' fire safety trailer, one of the wheels on the trailer starts smoking. We get it home and I pull a wheel off to find the brake shoes had come apart and slipped one on top of the other. Pulled all the guts out and stuffed it back together brakeless for now. New parts on their way, but won't be here 'til Monday. So, with 3 more events to do between now and Sunday, we'll be dragging this 10,000lb trailer around with only 3 brakes. THAT oughta be fun.

Oh, did I mention my glasses? I had put them on the fender of the trailer because there was so much sweat on them I couldn't see outta them anyway. Yes, I forgot I'd put them there. Backed up the truck/trailer to park it, THEN remembered where I'd set them. And YES, they fell off the fender and went under a wheel. Luckily, only one half of them got all bent up and no broken lenses. A few minutes of swearing and an application of pliers and vise have them back to almost straight again. They WERE brand new a month ago tho.

Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better... (if I keep saying that, it WILL happen, right?

chaikwa.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:02 AM

WOO-HOO !!!! It's finally Friday !!

... and it's almost payday With the Euro doing so much better than the dollar lately, they dropped some of my allowances and left me a little skinny in the wallet. It's a good thing I LIKE rice and Pinto's .

USN CPO results are out today .... we got any new Chiefs on here ??

Y'all have a great day,
PISTOL
Old 07-29-2005, 05:48 AM

ARRRRGGGGG
Friday morning came too early...or yesterday lasted too long....I can't figure which it was.
Yesterday was Independence Day in Peru.
Wifey took me (and 26 relatives) to dinner at a Peruvian restaurant for my B-day and we stayed until 0100 this morning.
Coffee & Advil for breakfast.
Power-Nap will not, I repeat NOT, be optional today.

I hope nothing important happens until after noon.
Wake me up around 1430hrs.

Y'all B safe
Old 07-29-2005, 06:42 AM

I hope nothing important happens until after noon.
Wake me up around 1430hrs.

Y'all B safe
Ed,
Dennis wanted me to wake you up now and tell you that nothing important has happened.
(You can go back to sleep again)
Happy belated b-day.

~Rob

Quick Reply: Water Cooler 25 July to 31 July 05