Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler 25 July to 31 July 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Cooler 25 July to 31 July 05

OK Slackers ... rise and shine. It's almost lunchtime somewhere in the world and y'all are still in the racks.

Drizzle on the menu for today for weather. Cooled things off making for an enjoyable PT session this morning.

Well, gotta find something to do. You people entertain yourselves and find something to smile about today.

PISTOL
Old 07-25-2005, 04:53 AM

Alright now ... it's officially lunchtime and noone is stirring. Did I miss a day off or something ??

Hey Shortround ... you got an urgent PM

PISTOL
Old 07-25-2005, 05:03 AM

It's monday, lunch time, Pistol Stuttgart on the way to Bern.
Great trip. Put pix and notes in latter.
Had problems getting on here last nighOh well looks like its working.

Missing the record heat in Arazona, really don't miss it at all .

Davey
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm up and moving.
PISTOL, you got a reply. If you have DSN access, ring me at 962-5788.
It's been hotter than two rats having sex in a wool sock. Heat index around 115. Too hot to drink beer even.
Coffee's ready.

shortround out
Old 07-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Monday AM and T-Storms already rolling through the area.
This is NOT how I wanted to start a work week.
Hot stuff 'round here too with temps forecast for the upper 90s for most of the week.

Received a brand new (never even had oil in the engine) Craftsman 6.75hp 2550psi pressure washer yesterday. Price was right.......FREE!!
Can't wait to get home and try it out.
(Wifey says there's a spot on the living room couch she's been wanting to get out, and she said the dog needs a bath too).....

Y'all B safe (and stay cool)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Phew, I just flew back from Pa and boy are my arms tired.
Ba dump bump chhhhhhh.

Cearially now, we took the grand baby up to see the great grand parents and had a good visit. Truck got 19 mpg cruising interstate and back roads with AC on. Not too bad.

Gotta go back to the doc this AM to have a post op follow up. Everything is working real well so far. Pain is gone and the numbness is about 90% gone too. Cool.
See ya's later.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I HATE *@%&^~* Mondays!

First thing, right off the bat, the floor fan makes a weird sound, emits little curls of smoke from the motor, then throws sparks everywhere and dies. That was my only source of relief from the heat at the shop, and the shop is an un-insulated, metal building that sits in the middle of a nice sunny field. Arrrgh!

Next, I break 3 drill bits, and naturally I NEED those specific bits so the tap will make threads correctly. And of course there are no replacements handy, unless you call 'handy' a 16 mile trip into town.

And naturally, the next thing to head south was one of the taps, followed shortly by it's bigger brother. I still have the 1/2" tap, but I broke the corresponding drill so there's only one hole I could tap with it anyway.

Well, the 'Monday Demons' must not have thought I'd had enough yet, because the next thing to puke was my cordless drill. First, the chuck started letting the bit slip, and after I got it tight(er), then it wouldn't release it. I FINALLY got the bit outta the chuck, (about the only one I have left after all the earlier breakage!), but now the whole chuck free-wheels on the drill shaft. Just to tease me, it makes this cute little grinding sound when I hold the chuck stationary and pull the trigger!

I was getting scared to get in the truck and come home not knowing what was gonna break next!

Ok, I'm done.

Monday's need to be outlawed!

chaikwa.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:10 AM

Yep ... I agree. When things start breaking that early in the week, I just crawl back in bed. Chiakwa ... watch them busted bits, I got scars all over from them things.

"I find that if I eat a dead, bloated frog first thing in the morning ... I'm pretty much guaranteed that things will only get better from then on !!" anon

Words to live by ...

Have a great day
PISTOL
Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 AM

Tuesday AM @ 0700 and already 80*
gonna be a toasty one today in DC.
G-G in the lot.
Figured without AC in the truck, the bike would probably be a cooler ride home.

Local news reporting 4 Adult Boy Scout leaders from Alaska attending the Boy Scout Jamborie at Ft. A.P. Hill. Va were killed last evening when the metal tent pole they were raising touched an overhead power line.

Makes my problems seem pretty darned trivial.

Y'all B safe,
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning, all.

Back on the road - - fiver fixed and looking good. All repairs covered by the factory - - they were terrific in air shipping parts all the way to Alaska to get us back on the road - -and all on their dollar - - great service.

Went down into the Kenai - - fish are running late and the whole world was down there trying to catch the few that were early birds. Headed out and am now in Valdez - - gorgeous drive getting here, awesome scenery - - and all the fish are over here. Holy smoke, you can walk on the water on the fish - - never seen so many fish. Guess I will just have to go catch a few tomorrow. They were jumping out of the water begging for a rid to Florida.

FishyBob
Old 07-27-2005, 05:38 AM

Hey 'Fiver, bring some of that cooler Alaskan air back with you.
0600 this AM, and it was already 80* and HUMID.......
G-G in the lot again.
Strong T-Storms 'sposed to hit here ~ 1600hrs.(I hope I'm home by then)

Hope I can stay in the AC'ed office today.
Work truck doesn't have AC either.

Almost too hot for coffee.

Weekend's just around the corner.

Y'all B safe
Old 07-27-2005, 07:00 AM

Mornin' all
Whoowee, if finally rained a decent amount here. Started at 0200 where I live and lasted until about 0600. Got to use the **** at the end of the turn signal lever today, forgot what that did. Also got to use the raincoat I bought 3 months ago (for the first time).
Joel, glad to hear you are getting back to normal and that you had a good PA trip. We are headed up to Erie next month. Will be nice to get a break from this place.

Take care ya'll,
~Rob
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Question

Originally posted by hotdram
Joel, glad to hear you are getting back to normal,,,,,,,,
Define NORMAL,,,,,,,,
Mornin Folks,
Got forced into working 16 hours yesterday,,, HOT is NOT a big enough word to describe that joint when the outside temps get over the triple digits. However, today is my rotating day off and I didn't bother to answer the phone when it rang this morning. (Ain't Caller ID a wonderful thing,,,,)

Y'all have a good one and KEEP COOL!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:28 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Well back at it. Nicest day of the summer and stuck indoors.

Chaikwa you should've bought a Craftsman, at least when it puked and jammed the chuck last week, it still has enuff strength to turn a screw in a predrilled hole. Next time you come up we have to go to Jack Burke's so you can look at the boiler stove he built. He used an old 500 gallon fuel tank to hold the water. During the summer he circulates the cool water through the house. Now that you have that fancy floor...
Old 07-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Banned

Cool

Good Morning Folks(I know I'm kinda late) Well 0700 hours this morning it was 85, Its now 88 and sapposed to hit 95 with a heat index of 105 by 1200 hours..Tho relief is in sight!! AWSOME!!!!!OK THIS HEAT HAS TO END...Well Talk to you guys later....

Quick Reply: Water Cooler 25 July to 31 July 05