Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler..... 21 - 27 August 2005

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:01 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Water Cooler..... 21 - 27 August 2005

Nearly 0700. Up and at 'em.
Can't believe how late these right coasters sleep in.

Shortround out
Old 08-21-2005, 07:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another fine day. Real nice thunderbumper came through last night. Good rain.

Temps supposed to be cooling off a bit, sure hope so.

MunchinonsugarpillsandslurpinmorecoffeeEd
Old 08-21-2005, 07:09 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still trying to get the wife moving to cook my bacon.

Boating plans for noon or so.

Have a good Sunday.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Re: Water Cooler..... 21 - 27 August 2005

Originally posted by shortround
Nearly 0700. Up and at 'em.
Can't believe how late these right coasters sleep in.

Shortround out
Well I WOULD be sleeping late if Shortround wasn't makin' all that racket! Jeesh, my one day to sllep in too.

Gotta mow today I guess. We had a little rain yesterday, and that combined with cooler temperatures has made the grass pop up like it was springtime again. Oh well, at least I'll get an early start on it.... NOW!

OfftomowIgochaikwa.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Howdy all.
Finally, a day that Wifey's not working and I can sleep late.........
There I am, peacefully sawing logs.........when a galvanized trash can goes flying down the hall.
Didn't even wake the dog.

Hot & Humid again today, with better weather on the forecast for the rest of the week.

Just finished breakfast, 'bout to the bottom of cup-o-coffee #1, ready for a refill.

That's better

Y'all B safe
Old 08-21-2005, 07:48 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
GOOD MORNING DTR !!!!
How muggy is it? It is so muggy down here near Norfolk, VA, I had to run the Sunday comics thru the dryer before I could read them.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning all...

Just another morning here. Very cool start this morning at 50*F and about 40% humidity. It's nice for once. Idaho is still burning. You can see the smoke haze in the morning and evenings.

Well I've got a cheap seat to finish painting this morning. Candy Apple Red... So far so good.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:44 AM

Morning gents. Working on coffee #2, waiting for the grass to dry out. Yesterday was my "not birthday", mom and sis stopped by to deliver trinkets due to my birthday falling on Tuesday this year. Supposed to get down to 46 here tonite, and I'll have to work out in on midnites. Have to get the Carhartt coat out.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:27 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Well, back to work.... where I can rest. Got a good stretch of the legs yesterday. Holsteinman picked me up and we shot up to the Buckley Old Engine Show. This is a must see for the John Deer or 8N enthusiasts. Lots of vintage stuff too. Oil burners, coal burners and wood burners. Steam whistles blowing all day and steam engines thumping all over. I ordered a school bell for the cabin (soon to be lodge when the addition is ready). Haveing "Coe Creek Lodge" cast into the mounting bracket. Should be here in a few weeks after they clean the flash off all of them and ship them. Ok, coffee's getting cold, have a good one.
Don
Old 08-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Howdy all,
Back from vacation in PA today. Had a blast. Went to Niagara Falls for 2 days and spent the rest showing friends from Texas the area and visiting family. Got fat(ter) eatin' Ox roast sammiches and mom's meatballs. Tired from the trip, need another day to unwind, but I don't get one, back to the grind tomorrow.

shortround,
you still headed this way?

~Rob
Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 PM

Evening guys.. I was so swamped as soon as I stepped in the door at work, with the computers down that I had no chance of getting on here this AM, so here I am. They are doing some more work to our house thats in escrow, and hopefully, all goes well, and we'll be in it in abotu 2-3 weeks. Life is good, Fiancee has two job interviews this week, with potential to make big $$, so thats a plus, more toys for me..

Dieseljunkiecrossingfingersforsuggamomma

Scott
Old 08-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang,

Just a quick note from Alaska. Finally got out of the boonies sufficient to have cell phone and inet available - - wow, can't believe it. We are in Juneau on the first leg of our hop, skip and jump down the inside passage. Off to Sitka tomorrow for a few days before the next jump. Due to land in Prince Rupert on Sept. 3. Been a fabulous time up here - - freezer full of salmon and halibut as well as my belly. Lots of great bear watching.

FinallyHeadingSouth(slowly)Bob
Old 08-22-2005, 03:53 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try to sleep in and end up waking up an hour and a half earlier than normal
Hotdram - will be rolling out in a couple of hours. If your at the facility in the 13000 block of the expressway, I'll be there sometime this week. Got to talk with some people at DRS (next door) and to Dave Bulliet and Dwight Cooledge at Raytheon. I'll be in and out of the McKinney site. We're staying at the Best Western, McKinney.
Got to get moving. Still need to shave, shower, and eat a piece of pecan pie with the coffee. Ain't but 785 calories per slice.

ontheroadagainShortround out
Old 08-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Banned

GOOD MORNING DTR!!! And here I come 8th Grade...Today(Aug. 22nd) is my first day of school ....Ok so my daddy was up at 0600 hours to make the coffee..I'm already past cap #1...I will have another on my way to school (Keeping ware in my Dodge Tavel Mug)...Ok so I was up till 0010 reading book number two (The Pearl) for my summer reading. And was up till 0245 yesterday morning reading book #1(The Time Machine) one of my summer reading. Expect to see my post count skyrocket now..I have a teacher who has a CTD and lets me get on DTR as long as I got my work done ....Ok I'll talk to you guys later...Btw GET OUTTA BED SLACKERS!

Mike
Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 AM

Is the teacher anyone we would know? Nat

Quick Reply: Water Cooler..... 21 - 27 August 2005