Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler...... 17 Oct - 23 Oct 2004

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:42 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
afternoon, busy here today. have a good'un - JKE
Old 10-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Finally got the riding mower goin yesterday and attacked some of the jungle up in the orchard. Also made momma and the kids a nice nature trail around the pasture so they can get out and get some exercise. Today I plan on cutting a nice patch in front of the house for my deer plot ... momma thinks it's so she can look at the deer up close from the front porch (hehehehe ... women are soooo gullible ).

Have a great day ... you too SR.
PISTOL
PW,

Where are you, man. Did you relocate while I was gone? Here I am ready to head down your way (I thought) and give them crazees in the square some grief and you start talking about the orchard, the deer and a pasture. You sure are not still in Key West.

Confused Bob

ps: just caught your post on the Colorado thread. You are somewhere but heading back to the Keys. Sure had me confused - - of course that is real easy. I will holler when we come - - we gotta shake over a java.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Hehehe ... no, I'm definately not in Key West. I took a couple weeks off to spend with the wife and kids out here on the farm (Missouri). I sure don't want to head back, but I s'pose I will start thatta way Friday afternoon. I should be scootin by Sarasota sometime on Sunday morning.

I look forward to meetin ya !!! I have a great spot to take you and the missus to if you like relaxing in the sun and sand.

As for the rest of you ... I hope y'all had an enjoyable day

PISTOL
Old 10-20-2004, 08:38 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Pistol,
If you're coming south on 65 toward I-40, hook it on over to Camp Robinson and I'll put you to work.
The USS Razorback is at SuBaseNLR and I've got to try and teach a bunch of engineers (kinda like Seabees) how to shoot. Kinda like getting a root canal through the **** orifice. Great weekend to look forward to.
Ring me at 501-212-5788 at the shop, or at 479-466-3148 (It'll be Doc answering)
Week after next is ROTC marksmanship training . Nothing that snot rags and pampers won't handle.

gettinganattitudesoit'stimetogetoffShortround out
Old 10-21-2004, 05:46 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Drizzly Thursday.

Great day for sittin', sippin', & surfin'. (snoooooozin' comes later)

Work is pretty much caught up, waitin' to see what 'emergency' these guys can create bofore 1500hrs.

Y'all be safe.
Ed
Old 10-21-2004, 06:06 AM
JKE

good morning. was gonna take a half day and install new scope and sight in the rifle today.......and the boss ain't here to clear it ...what's the big idea of him getting a day off ...ahh well, I'll try tomorrow or just wait on Saturday if the weather is good.

Pistol - send some of those dear this way. I've got a 270 that needs some action. Hope to get a few in the freezer this year.

winter garden coming in good. cannot wait on the cabbage and some dear tenderloin. - JKE
Old 10-21-2004, 07:42 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Another gorgeous morning dawning in Paradise. A "cool" front has moved in - - dryer and lower temps - - in the 60's at night and 80 in the day. Washed the Ghost all ready this morning - - she gave me a kiss.

Ya'll have a good one. Gotta go plant some flowers.

GardenerBob
Old 10-21-2004, 12:22 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Grey day on the coast..
Man is it dead around here today.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:34 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
ramlovingvet, yes it is kinda dead, but I am here, working away and monitoring DTR.
You should be living in a better climate. Today where I am is one of those days that are hard to improve on. All the windows and doors are open in my house and the temperature in the room by my computer is a nice 78 degrees. The humidity is 42%, the sky is a deep blue and there is just a hint of a breeze. Dah boids are a-choipin' and the butterflies and humming birds keep flying by the door.
Ah, I love it here. Poor truck needs a wash, but as it is probably going to get really muddy on Saturday I am being lazy and will wash it later.
Wait a minute guys, give me a minute to duck behind my desk before you throw something.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:27 AM

Ahhh great , time to head back to work and I feel a cold comin on. Just how I wanted to spend the next couple days ... drivin and hackin. Oh well, nuthin a little sunshine won't fix I guess.

Drivin home from droppin the kiddies to school, I saw 8 wild turkeys struttin across the road to the house. They were having lots of trouble figuring out how to get through the fence.
They got it figured out by the time I had the truck in park and was climbing out with a wild look in my eyes like I was gonna jump on one and ring his neck !!! (which, by the way ... was the intention ).

Probably best that they flew off when they did... my luck, there would have been a funniest home video camera hidden in the trees watchin some scrawny redneck get his butt whupped by an irritated gobbler . Nobody ever said that I had much sense.

Well, ya'll take it easy. SR ... you might hear from me, depending on what time I actually get out of here. I usually take 63 down to Memphis (God forsaken city if I ever seen one). I may make the detour.

PISTOL
Old 10-22-2004, 05:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Happy Friday!!

Drizzle supposed to quit sometime today, temps still in the 50's.

The pause that refreshes....

Not too much on the "gotta do" list so far.....but the day is young, and half of these folks are still asleep.

Y'all be safe.
Ed
Old 10-22-2004, 06:02 AM
JKE

Ahhhh ....daughter won the first round of soccer payoffs...some of these parents are getting a little worked up on the sideline...you can tell it's the playoffs ....you men have a great day. ya'll come back now ya hear. - JKE
Old 10-22-2004, 06:13 AM

Friday at last. Poke the head out the door eeeggggaaaddd!!!!! its snowing
thats two months early. Will give the wife snowblower lessons as my shoulder hurts.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:36 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Headed out to the ranges.
Be in and out all day, so you bunch of clowns better behave.
PW, you have a PM.

lovingthesmellofgunpowderinthemorningShortround out
Old 10-22-2004, 07:06 AM

Friday!!
Scratching my head and wondering whether to work all day

Hey Shortround,,,,,watch those powder burns!

Quick Reply: Water Cooler...... 17 Oct - 23 Oct 2004