Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler........17 July 05 - 24 July 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:22 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miller time... see ya guys.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:09 AM

Originally posted by shortround
Pistol, this ain't a boondoggle. I have you know that everything I'm doing is supporting the troops. One question tho, how far is it from your location to Luxemburg? Got an invite to the NAMSA site for a couple of weeks. Looks like a good place for some additional "specialized" training

It's an easy drive ... maybe 4 hours. I was up in that local a couple weeks ago. Got a few members that you could visit over here in two weeks ... Maybe you could bring some parts and peanut butter to Alpineram 13fox knows all kinds of good ol boys over here with Cummins Dodges that like to have a good time.

Besides ... I still owe you a few cold ones from last summer.

Gonna be one of those days, I can tell. Got a call this morning from the wife back in the states ... the oldest boy (grounded for being a knucklehead) snuck out last night to go see his sweetheart, riding his bike at midnight down highway 95 for 3-4 miles with no lights or a single brain cell flickering in his head. Wouldn't be a big thing with me (cuz I was never one to mind my restricion rules either as a lad), except he was in charge of making sure the trash burn barrels were taken care of after burning yesterday. The only reason my wife knew that he took off was when she looked outside at the 4 foot flames coming out of the barrels and went downstairs to kick his **** outta bed to do his job. Some of the bags were damp and smoldering and took a while to dry out and really get kickin.

All you experienced dads ... Is there a way to break your kids dinner plate before they are 18 (he's 17+) and not get sent to jail for child endangerment ??? The wife won't let me ... I tried . He just ain't properly motivated ... to get a job or a drivers license or behave. At least he is stil taking his school somewhat seriously.

Sorry to whine ... just my turn in the barrel I guess.
Have a great day ... I need coffee, quick !!
PISTOL
Old 07-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Wednesday, work week's 1/2 shot.

Temps in the 90's with "Reduced Humidity" today......riiiiiight.
Instead of 90% it's only 88%.

Still trying to get Friday's "Emergency" all wrapped up.
Hopefully, by lunchtime today I'll be able to check this one off as"Done".

Wifey's looking to have a Yard sale this weekend.
I'm steadily checking the pile of "junk" pulling my "treasures" back outta the pile.
I wonder how much I should ask for a stock Dodge/Cummins air filter box with a K&N, and a couple of toasted lift pumps?

Y'all B safe,
Old 07-20-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by shortround
Hi y'all.
Made it fine. Run into Rob (hotdram) today. Guess I was too easy to spot in the chow hall. Must be something about the clothes I was wearing.
I thought them camo outfits were supposed to make it harder for folks to see ya?

Whew, been busy lately. Was in Huntsville Al. most of last week, finally no travel for a while.
Met up with shortround for dinner last night. Went to the Olive Garden for a few adult beverages and some good grub. Hey sr, that Italian sausage was good, must have done something to my system though, my wife threatened to kick me out to the couch.

Gotta run

~lookinoutforbluegovernmentvehiclesinnorthtexasRob
Old 07-21-2005, 05:46 AM

ARRRRG humidity is back.

Thursday morning and all's as well as can be expected.
Coffee's ready, looks like the donut delivery is running late this AM.

Friday's emergency was resolved yesterday..........for 45 minutes.
Handed it back off to the folks that are 'supposed' to be working the issue so I can get back to my usual DWI routine.

Got in late last night,.....Need a Power-Nap.

Y'all B safe,
Old 07-22-2005, 12:02 AM

FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY !!!! CRUISIN AROUND IN A CUMMINS POWERED RAM !!!

Well ok ... how about sputtering around in an 89 Ford Sierra

Looking like rain today. Sposed to go for a romp in the woods with "the boys" ... I ain't lookin forward to runnin in the muck.

Had a small fire in the sauna yesterday. Someone set the wood light guard that was waiting to be installed on the heat rocks and while it heated up for later use ... yeah, smells real good in here now and we can't use it anymore.

Have a great day,
PISTOL
Old 07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin PW,,,,
This is my FRIDAY and the last graveyard for a couple of weeks. LONG WEEKEND starting at 0800! Hopefully things will remain quiet till then. It's too dadburn hot out there to be doing manual labor.
Y'all have a good one,,,
Old 07-22-2005, 01:29 AM

Gotta love the graveyard shift. At least you don't have all the usuals interrupting you all day.

The wife said that it has been real close to 100* most of the week with a heat index of 106. No wonder Flash the Basset Hound isn't his spry self lately. Between the heat and someone slamming his tail in a door ... poor guy is ready for a vacation.

PISTOL
Old 07-22-2005, 05:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Big storm came thru at 0200 this morning. Slept right through it, wifey got up and put the horses in the barn and made me breakfast. I'm sure the "payback" will be intense.

On another note, somebody PLEASE tell me your super-secret cure for poison oak. I am one more than normally ugly sucker right now.

Y'all have a good one.

FullasatickandtryingnottoscratchEd
Old 07-22-2005, 05:38 AM

Another muggy day in the swamp.

Temps in the 70s heading for the mid 90s.

At least it's FRIDAY.

Hoping for a quiet day at work, not much on the To-Do list.

Y'all B safe,
Old 07-22-2005, 06:31 AM

Mornin' all. Muggy and hot here again today, big surprise.
Where's shortround at? He was supposed to leave outta my neck of the woods on Wednesday and be back to his place in time for dinner.
Lots to do today at work. Mind won't be on it though, looking forward to tomorrow's dyno meet in Lewisville. Supposed to be a bunch of folks there.
Ed, I hope your To-Do list stays clean

Be safe,
~Rob
Old 07-22-2005, 07:05 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ain't lost. Trying to play catch up. It's amazing how you can be out of the office for three days and it takes you a week to catch up.
The trip back wasn't bad. Rolled out of the plant at 0900 and was at the house at 1330.
Now I'm trying to get ready for a NMIB (New Material Introductory Briefing) this morning. Sure would be nice if "someone" would furnish me with a bit of info before I go in there blind. Oh well, guess I'll resort to the "baffle and dazzle" routine since 90% of the people in the briefing wouldn't know a phillips head from a torx.

goodthingit'safriday'causeabeerwouldbenicerightnow Shortround out
Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 AM

You're right SR ... a beer WAS good. Had a fairwell party for a Master Chief at the golf course today. I didn't golf but ran through a bucket of ***** at the driving range.

I was swatting away behind one of the SEAL's doing the same ... you'd be surprised at how fast those guys can move when you shank one off the tee at mach 5 towards the back of their heads !!!! He said that he hadn't ducked as many times in the war zone as he did today !!!

OK... so I ain't gonna be the next Arnold Palmer.

PISTOL
Old 07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Welcome home SR meet ya at 1700 on the back porch with a cooler full

PW, I bet you are an accomplished golfer, you just wanted to see how fast that Seal could run