Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Watch out for flying eggs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Watch out for flying eggs!!!

Well . . . on my way home with the family in the truck . . . cruzn' along at night down a residential road (about 35 mph). . . all of my pillar gauges lit up, . . . truck lookn' like a Christmas tree on the outside . . . and I'm thinking "Man, I love this truck" , when WHAM!!! an egg hits my windshield . As my wife screams in my ear, my instinct was to put it in 4WD, kick on the 4 KC's and mow the wood fence over that I saw the egg come from. However, the rational part of my brain (very small I might add) took over and I just hopped out and looked over the fence, but you guessed it . . . . no one there. I did go to the house and knock on the door but the guy that answered said he didn't have any kids, but he would keep an eye out.

As I drove away with egg running down my windshield and the side of my new truck, I started thinking . . . what would I have done had I got my hands on those kids??? What would you have done?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Banned

Well after whipping them with a switch until they couldn't walk I'd take them to their parents and punch the parents in the nose for not teaching their kids right from wrong.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:04 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

sent them home wearing the rest of their eggs up their edit
Old 12-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
That's the third instance of "egging" I've seen posted lately.

Maybe they should pass a law making it illegal for a minor to possess an egg, and register all the eggs in the hands of private citizens to prevent this from happening again.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shovelhead

Maybe they should pass a law making it illegal for a minor to possess an egg, and register all the eggs in the hands of private citizens to prevent this from happening again.
Maybe that's not a bad idea.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead

Unless of course they have a concealed egg permit.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Well after whipping them with a switch until they couldn't walk I'd take them to their parents and punch the parents in the nose for not teaching their kids right from wrong.
If you so much as touch a minor, you would spending a good deal of time behind bars. It is ONLY an EGG...not worth prison time for assaulting a minor.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

Lary it's called sarcasm. Hard to convey online. As much as I would like to beat them I would just end up scaring the poo (can I say that?) out of them and then taking them home and punching the parents in the nose. And besides, who said these were minors?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:49 PM

I agree that it is only an egg. However, if this had happend to someone that didn't have my superior driving skills , they could have easily driven into oncoming traffic. I did have a small car beside me when the egg hit the truck (it was two lanes each way with residential houses on each side of the road). I don't want to over dramatize it, but when you hit an egg at 35mph that is coming at you at 15 - 20mph, it makes a VERY loud sound. I thought it cracked my windshield

It's a dangerous prank. What ever happend to lighting dog poop on fire on someones front porch and ringing the doorbell?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Lary it's called sarcasm. Hard to convey online. As much as I would like to beat them I would just end up scaring the poo (can I say that?) out of them and then taking them home and punching the parents in the nose. And besides, who said these were minors?
Good point about them not being minors . . . . the guy that answered the door was out of breath, I bet he did it
Old 12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by FirstDodge
I agree that it is only an egg. However, if this had happend to someone that didn't have my superior driving skills , they could have easily driven into oncoming traffic. I did have a small car beside me when the egg hit the truck (it was two lanes each way with residential houses on each side of the road). I don't want to over dramatize it, but when you hit an egg at 35mph that is coming at you at 15 - 20mph, it makes a VERY loud sound. I thought it cracked my windshield

It's a dangerous prank. What ever happend to lighting dog poop on fire on someones front porch and ringing the doorbell?
I wasn't trying to down play the incident in any way, I think you handled it with a very level head I would have been torqued as well.

I just thought the comments about whipping them and taking them home to there parents and then assaulting the parents as well, is way out of line.....

You can always hope the alleged egger did something as smart as I did when I was very young and dumb. I tossed an egg at a car just about a half second before I saw the lights on top of it......

In my race for freedom I ended up bleeding in a large blackberry patch as the local Constable laughed at me and told me he figured I would get my due just trying to get back out of that patch

He was right, I was scratched in places that I didn't know I had places, by the time I got out of those blackberries
Old 12-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't feel bad about yourself, Lary.

Egging somebody else's car should be a castratable offense, with the singular exception of cop cars.

The egging of cop cars is a perfectly acceptable sport. Just make sure that you have a get-a-way route before hand...
Old 12-31-2006, 08:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess this just shows how old I am. I grew up in an Humble Pipeline Company pump station camp - yep, I'm oilfield trash. All the adults who lived there had an agreement - if any of them had caught me doing something like that, they would have tanned my hide on the spot before taking me home where I would have gotten it again. By the same token, my parents would have done the same to their kids.

Now a parent takes a chance by spanking his/her own kid.

Rusty
Old 12-31-2006, 09:27 PM

This ended up with a swomewhat good note...Yes he got egged, but what if it caused someone to swerve and hit someone head on...When I drove long-haul I would not drive on Halloween night. No way, no how...Seen and have heard of way to many things being thrown off overpasses.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by RustyJC

Now a parent takes a chance by spanking his/her own kid.

Rusty
The law say's a parent can still spank their children, but if they are not your kids you are asking for real trouble.

Quick Reply: Watch out for flying eggs!!!