Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Watch This Amazing Video Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch This Amazing Video Please!!!!

If you can watch this and not have your eyes well up you're tougher than I

God Bless All of those Who Serve

The story is about Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG during Taliban ambush while on patrol. Army protocol says that medevac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in him. Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said **** the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station. Again, protocol said that in such a case the patient is to be put in a sandbagged area away from the surgical unit, given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others are treated. Again, the medical team ignored the protocol. Here's a short video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point, removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) team. Moss has undergone six operations but is doing well at home in Gainesville, GA. I think you'll find the video absolutely remarkable.

http://www.militarytimes.com/multime...o/rpg_surgery/
Old 08-23-2010, 05:30 PM

im surprised they all didnt get reprimanded. I'm sure some pogue would have made a sink.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM

WOW ! I just do not have the words.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I would not have blamed any of the people involved for backing out. Its amazing that they did and incredible that he lived. No real reason to give them commendations because Medals and awards are not enough for them.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 AM

Whoa ...

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 08-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hero's, those willing to break the rules to do the right thing for the right reasons. Team work and the American spirit as I see it.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:59 AM

Makes me proud to know we have our boys and girls out there doing what they do. I wish we could take the cuffs off and let them go to work. I wish all Americans would support them like we do.

God bless every one of them.