Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Washington Redskin Sean Taylor died

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Washington Redskin Sean Taylor died

The local news is portraying him as the next best thing to Mother Teresa.

Lived like a thug,

You reap what you sow.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:04 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, IF his team-mates are correct and he had gotten his life straightened out and was trying to be thebest he could, then it is too bad..
but our pasts have a way of keeping up with us, they dont change even if we do.....
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough situation, and my prayers and thoughts are with the teamates and family. However I hope it's a wake up call to the rest of his team as well. I didn't know much about his life - didn't follow this team at all.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 AM

It is always a tragedy whenever a person so young passes away. But the NFL players seem to be totally out of control. Just think about all the problems these players encounter.

**Ray Lewis- tried for murder ( and aquitted)
**Ray Curruth- convicted of murder,
**Tank Johnson- wepons violations
** Ricky Williams- kicked out of the league ( drugs)
** Micheal Vick- dog fighting
** Pretty much half the Bengals Offense
**Adam "Pac Man" Jones- Suspended for just being an idiot in general.
** and the list goes on and on....

But, of course all of these guys were just "in the wrong place at the wrong time". yeah right...........
Old 11-27-2007, 07:53 AM

Dont forget about OJ when you think NFL Thugs
Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM

I never will understand how you can make the money that these guys do and still live like a thug. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Go get a hobby in the off season! Drugs/whatever else does not qualify as a hobby!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:15 PM

Location: Home station is Fort Bragg, North Carolina, overseas- CSC Scania, Iraq
Thumbs up

Team won a place in my heart, their cheer squad or whatever they're called and a couple players from the Redskins visited us over here a couple days ago. Nice little treat...to say the least.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Well, IF his team-mates are correct and he had gotten his life straightened out and was trying to be thebest he could, then it is too bad..
but our pasts have a way of keeping up with us, they dont change even if we do.....
i know you said IF, but do you really think they'd say hes a thug especially now, which he was, like someone said you reap what you sow
Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Burkert
Team won a place in my heart, their cheer squad or whatever they're called and a couple players from the Redskins visited us over here a couple days ago. Nice little treat...to say the least.
Oh yeah!! I remember when the Redskins Cheerleaders visited my unit over there!! WOOT!!

Bless their little hearts, it was 125* in the evening and they were just dancing their little hearts out and sweating like you wouldn't believe... They were some really well grounded gals though. I couldn't believe how well educated they all were.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM

The reason they continue to live like thugs is most of these players were pretty much plucked right out of the ghetto and so now they can do all the things (read drugs and trouble) they didn't have the money to before, so they just spend their money on bad stuff and end up in the same boat they would've before, the only difference is now they are in the public eye when it happens. At least that's my theory.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:19 PM

Unfortunately once you live that thug life you can't just leave because you are making lots of money now. Disrespecting your former cohorts can get you hurt or killed. Someone broke into his house a week ago and left a knife on his bed. Now someone breaks into his house, bursts into his room, and shoots twice. I say someone was after him. It was not just a burglary like they are saying in the media.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
The local news is portraying him as the next best thing to Mother Teresa.

Lived like a thug,

You reap what you sow.
How can you even put him int he same ring as some of these other players like Vick and Jones? This guy had been in trouble with the law twice, the first was a DUI that was later dismissed and the second was a yearlong legal battle after he was accused in 2005 of brandishing a gun at a man during a fight over allegedly stolen all-terrain vehicles near Taylor's home. He eventually pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months' probation and you can bet some high priced lawyer told him to plead it out this way just to make it go away so he could get on with his life. You can bet your happy a$$ I would do the same thing to anyone stealing my stuff.

And if we use your logic, then I am also a thug even though I am a white guy that works an IT position and makes a very nice wage and I own my own house and am raising 5 kids, but I grew up in the "hood" and have been arrested on both gun charges and menacing charges.

This guy turned his life around and was going down the right road, and I don't care what you have done in your past (shy of murder which I think should be an automatic death penalty offense), no one has the right to take someone else's life, and his 1 yr old daughter is the one who is paying the price, she will never know who her father is/was.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
I couldn't believe how well educated they all were.
Actually almost all of the cheerleaders in the NFL are highly educated, do some reading on each teams cheerleaders, they all come from different walks of life.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rob C
How can you even put him int he same ring as some of these other players like Vick and Jones? This guy had been in trouble with the law twice, the first was a DUI that was later dismissed and the second was a yearlong legal battle after he was accused in 2005 of brandishing a gun at a man during a fight over allegedly stolen all-terrain vehicles near Taylor's home. He eventually pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months' probation
Ummm,......... you answered your own question.

And not one person here said he "deserved to die" No one does and it is a shame that his daughter is now fatherless. But it is pretty obvious someone was out to get him, and I really don't think it was because he took someone elses seat in church on sunday.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Never heard of this guy till it hit the news........His past history is nothing compared to a lot of other " Homies from his Hood".

Just proves the old saying..... Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Maybe if he was allowed to have a gun he would still be here.