Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Visiting sprits....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:28 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Visiting sprits....

Have you experienced a spirit visitation ?

To set the record straight, I'm not a believer in the spiritual visitor thing, but I'm becoming a believer as I sit here typing away.

My 1/2 brother (estranged) whom I've not spoken with for over a year, which was only for about 3 words on the phone, has been sick with cancer, and ultimately passed away on Thursday. I found this out through a nephew of mine who heard from one of his cousins. Long story short, I haven't spoken with my family for what seems forever. Haven't thought about them much either. Too convoluted a story to get into, but we just don't get along.

Anyway, I woke up about 3:00 in the morning friday, and I recalled a really wacky dream about my brother passing away, and feeling kind of nauseous, that when it happened, my sitting up and talking to myself woke my wife up out of a sound sleep. When she asked what was wrong, I told her that I had a dream about Rich, and it wigged me out.

Forwards to today, and I get word that he passed away on Thursday. Being 550 miles away, I would have never known until someone let me know. I can't comprehend how someone's passing away can be felt 550 miles away, and I'm really freaked out right now.

Really weird..... absolutely freaked out right now... I'm glad he's not in any discomfort any longer, and relieved that he's finally let go. I never wished anything bad on him in my entire life, but we just didn't see eye to eye on anything.. Too bad, considering how short life really is.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I can relate to this. I've had too many experiences like this to post.
There is a power greater then us is all I can say to explain it.

One incident was when I was awakened by the smell of cigarette smoke and the freezer door closing in the kitchen.
My Step Dad would come in from having a smoke outside and then go get the ice cream after supper at his house. Seemed like he stopped by on his way out.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:58 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
Maker's Mark "visits" me on occasion!!

I can tell you that when I used to bird hunt in the mojave I hiked into an old indian area and stopped in my tracks, I got the heebs and got out of there. I didn't know it was a sacred area until I mentioned that I had walked back there to the rancher and he told me he and his boys never go back that canyon....

I'm a believer, but no expert. I am sorry about your brother. Maybe he wanted you to know so he could get to where he was going. I would hope it was for the greater good for both of you.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Well, if it was him that was "passing by", I'm glad he did so.

I just wished that it was a nicer, more reminiscent dream, such as when I was a kid and we'd go fishing...

I guess I'll take whatever he sent, even though I don't recall it as being "pretty".

later.... bro.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
My deepest condolences on your loss and yes I have experienced things that made me a believer...physical manipulation of objects that defied any other explanation as well as full bodied apparitions.

My advice is don't assume you are alone....
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first, my condolences.
Second, I had to put my dog down about 6 months ago. I have felt her jump in bed or walk on the bed a couple times since. My wife has heard her walk thru the house a couple times too. Yes, spirits visit occasionally.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't sleep here at night without the radio on. Every little squeak or rattle wakes me up.
Friday and Saturday were nice days, so I left my inside door open and just closed the storm door. At least I swear I did. It was closed both evenings when I got in.
I have a 3-way lamp next to my chair here. The 50 watt side of it went out. I don't remember changing it, but it works again.
The light out on the power pole quit last summer. Didn't realize why it was so dark outside the house for a couple weeks. Coming in one night I noticed the light wasn't on. Next night it was working again.
I've talked about that feeling I got a year and a half ago while cutting firewood. I can go down there and cut all the trees I want, as long as I am in the pasture. I cross that fence, and if I make a second step, I don't make a third. There's what I suspect could be a trail marker tree there, but am afraid to go try to take any measurements, and really afraid to take any pictures.

My friend whose grandfather died of a massive heart attack early in February starting staying in his old bedroom in the basement with his grandma. He went back to his place for a couple nights eventually, but his grandma said she couldn't stay there alone. He started staying in her house again and he hears someone in his grandfather's room. Ran up the stairs with the shotgun the one night it was so loud, to find no one. He has the issue as well of shutting off the lights on his way to bed, to roll over and find that the light over the basement stairs is on again.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And of course the dog jumps up from a dead sleep barking about the time I hit "submit".
Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Careful, someone may decide your crazy and drive you crazy by trying to convince you your crazy when your really not crazy. Sounds crazy doesn't it.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had our bedroom light come on several times in the middle of the night and my dog, who was on the bed, train his attention on an object going from the hall to our bathroom...kind of creepy. We frequently feel a presence and see moving shadows in certain rooms. I just shrug it off most times but lights going on and off kind of freaks me out plus it disrupts my sleep!! Our house was built in the '40s from reclaimed lumber from a hotel built in 1850. It's got a neat history but with history comes haints!!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
When I was 6 we lived in Toronto. For many nights I would wake up and see a dark presence in the hallway...just standing there. My brother's bedroom was across the hall, he could see it too. We would whisper back and forth confirming we both saw it and we were both awake. Our parents room was at the end of the hall and the windows faced a playground...pitch black. However, their doorway was a bright white light.
When I tried to call my mom, the vacuum started up in the hallway...it wasn't plugged in. My dad came running wondering what was happening...he heard the vacuum too but it stopped when he came through the light. It was still unplugged and he saw how scared me and my brother were. That happened lots...we eventually moved to Regina.

One night in our home when I was about 8 I heard some noise outside. I looked out the window and my dads car had all the seats removed...sitting outside the car on the driveway. So did the neighbors car. I woke my dad and we went downstairs. In the kitchen we found every pot, pan, dish and all the silverware neatly laid out on the kitchen floor. It only happened once but we find it hard to believe someone actually could do all that. My dad was only asleep for an hour when I woke him.

At my Grandma's house, my brother and I would sleep in my uncles room on the second floor. One night someone was tapping on the window. Nobody was there. Granny heard the knocking and while she was in the doorway of my uncles bedroom she let out a scream, turned around and yelled at the stairway...Not sure what she said. Then she turned and looked at us, shrugged her shoulders and went to bed.
We talked about what happened with her the next day. She said that Grandpa used to put Christmas lights up and knock on that window as a joke. She told us she used to yell at him to Stop Messing Around on the Ladder!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
And of course the dog jumps up from a dead sleep barking about the time I hit "submit".
No need to be jumpy about it.
Really, hauntings aren't like the movies as best I can tell. No one gets dragged down the hall and thru a TV by a shadow.

Originally Posted by cougar
Careful, someone may decide your crazy and drive you crazy by trying to convince you your crazy when your really not crazy. Sounds crazy doesn't it.
Just because you think your aren't crazy doesn't mean you aren't.

Here's a story from my youth.

I think I was in the 4th grade. Mom and I moved into a nice, large OLD 2 story house. One of those with alot of history everyone around it knew. apparently, over the years a few people killed themselves in the house. Had one bedroom, you couldn't warm it up in the summer if you wanted to. My bedroom, one of my stereo speakers would fall over occasionally. We are talking 70's era home stereo speakers. always a shadow moving here or there. odd noises. someone walking upstairs no matter which floor you were on.
I really liked that house... you were never lonely.
Seriously, they are just confused, displaced, lost people. Some figure it out and move on, some continue doing what they were doing, some get frustrated and scream out for attention.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NJTman, condolences. Sad to hear when someone passes. The circumstances of yall's relationship I'm sure is tough. So, whereever you're at, my thoughts are with you.

I believe in spirits. I don't like to indulge in the thoughts because they freaks me out. Way too much. Especially home alone, which is quite often. And especially now Dog is gone. I had a few times where he'd cue on something on the stairwell or the corner of a room (in every house we lived in). The worst was when he'd look past me. I was glad he was there because he could detect what I couldn't. But it gave me the *******. Still does.

When my mind wants to freak out, I start praying. I know spirits are real and I don't want me being a medium they decide to bother. That might sound silly, but I believe there is Good and conversely there is Evil.

In our current house several of the ceiling fans and lights are wired up to a remote control. The bedroom light will turn on in the middle of night randomly throughout the day. I will go up to find it on. Or the fan will turn off. Same for the light downstairs over the kitchen table. Perhaps some kind of sensor in the remote gets triggered. Perhaps... But I hate those things. This house makes a lot of noises during the day. A lot.

I haven't had a lot of personal interactions or happenings. The closest relatives I've lost have been grandparents. Now and then I'll see them in my dreams. I chalk it up to them saying hello and me wondering how they'r doing.

My mom on the other hand has very strong connections. She has had a number of experiences.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Every time I see the title of this thread, this image comes to mind.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Well, if it was him that was "passing by", I'm glad he did so.

I just wished that it was a nicer, more reminiscent dream, such as when I was a kid and we'd go fishing...

I guess I'll take whatever he sent, even though I don't recall it as being "pretty".

later.... bro.
But, you remembered the times fishing....in a roundabout way.