Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Viper vs R1 Yamaha!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper vs R1 Yamaha!!

have you guys seen this....I got lost over at putfile and found this! Have to do a lot to beat a crotchrocket!!

http://media.putfile.com/R1-contre-Dodge-Viper

I know it's not a diesel, but that is a fast dern car. Saw another on there and had a viper going up against a diablo. Viper won in 12.97 second 1/4 mile. I think some of you guys in the Dodges have a chance with that!!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not sure any 'good driver' would show up wearing shorts...
Old 09-01-2006, 07:45 PM

I dont think it counts when the motorcycler has no idea what he is doing.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Chapter President

I agree with the shorts thing, I have seen them around here with flip flops.....
Old 09-01-2006, 08:12 PM

Did you hear how long that R1 took to wind out a gear??? Anyone who knows that bike knows that if you have it any where near full throtle it will wind a gear out as fast as you can shift it!!

FAKE. Good find though!!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Smooshy
Don't know what he is doing? Sure he does! He's practicing to be an organ donor!

Old 09-02-2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by G1625S
I'm not sure any 'good driver' would show up wearing shorts...

LOL ... O yea I always show up to race supercars in my flip flops, shorts and my favorite t shirt. That person was terrible at riding and a complete squid.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Smooshy
That's what I was thinking. It took him so long to shift that the viper pulled ahead 10 feet. What a bonehead. Loan me the bike I'll leave the Viper in the dust.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Chapter President

I test drove an RC51 and it seemed like I was not shifting out of first til about 60mph. I have seen a car beat a bike before, and the guy DID know what he was doing, ever heard of a Skyline GTR? Whooped me on my 400cc Honda CBR in Japan. I had 1 wheel drive, he had all wheel drive and he would launch it at around 5000-6000rpm!! All I saw was taillights!!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:39 PM

A Skyline is one heck of a car; there are many vehicles available today that can easily outrun a 400cc motorcycle.

From what I've seen, the bikes usually have the advantage in drag racing types of situations, but when doing those high speed roll-ons, those big HP cars have better aerodynamics and can usually outrun the bikes.

Do a search on putfile with the words "busa and viper" in it - you'll have lots of video to watch.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:02 AM
rdc
Banned

Originally Posted by bulabula
A Skyline is one heck of a car; there are many vehicles available today that can easily outrun a 400cc motorcycle.

From what I've seen, the bikes usually have the advantage in drag racing types of situations, but when doing those high speed roll-ons, those big HP cars have better aerodynamics and can usually outrun the bikes.

Do a search on putfile with the words "busa and viper" in it - you'll have lots of video to watch.

You're joking right? . Second of all. The roll on is just what the doctor ordered for the bike, no doubt. It would eliminate wheel spin and the dreaded wheelie that would cause the rider to have to drag the clutch and not get the full power to the rear wheel for quite some time.
The R1 will run 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds !!! and 0-100 mph in a whopping 5.6 seconds !!!!!
The Viper runs 0-60 mph in 4.5, fast no doubt but it is not 3.1 seconds.
Not to mention the Viper runs 0-100 in 12.6 that is a difference of 7 full seconds !!! Aerodynamics are not going to make up 7 seconds.
SO, I would contribute the R1 getting beat to the " Squid " that was riding the bike. He should maybe start with a Vespa and learn to ride !!

BTW, the Skyline GTR runs 0-60 ---- 4.9 sec.
0-100 ---- 12.9 sec.

So the R1 would have the SKyline for lunch also..
Old 09-03-2006, 05:32 AM

viper

come on guys i love the viper so dont get me wrong. i own a max-wedge ply. that will run 11.50s all day long with just a cam change and 10 in. slicks. i think the viper tires are a lot wider than that.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:23 AM

You said it rdc. In my racing days I raced on an R1... Fast bike... Now I just ride a loud bagger that can also take a viper.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by rdc
You're joking right? . Second of all. The roll on is just what the doctor ordered for the bike, no doubt. <snip>
Joking? Nope, not joking at all. You sound like my 18 year old son. Most of those bikes and cars on those video's are modified so you can toss your Car & Driver numbers. 80-140+ roll-on is a lot different than a 0-100 time.

I outran a GSXR on route 50 in my Mustang on the big end. So yeah, it can be done. Was it because I ride motorcycles and knew how to take the advantage from him? Maybe, maybe not. Bottom line is that he was behind me to see me tap the brakes. After it was over he wouldn't slow down to exchange info; I smiled and waved, and he said I was number 1.

Its all about aerodynamics on the top end, and cars have the advantage. Its at the big end where the motorcycle loses its power to weight ratio and parity returns. No kidding.

There are so many videos out there of high performance cars out running high performance motorycycles its not funny.

Don't get me wrong, I like fast bikes and wheelies (my Suzuki is pretty good at that) but the fastest vehicles have 4 wheels.

Speaking of R1's, go find that Car & Driver magazine article written a couple of years ago pitting an R1 against a Viper. Overall? I think the car won.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:37 PM

Check this out.. Jet vs Porsche vs Race Bike..

The bike takes off quick but get's caught... I don't know how hard the rider was pushing, it looks like he is upright for a bit of the race.

http://www.gadgetopia.com/post/5357

Quick Reply: Viper vs R1 Yamaha!!