Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Very little respect.. (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to compete in SPL Shootouts in IASCA...

I have trophies and such from said events...

I used to hit 156.3db

The streets are no place for crap like that...

During our annual cruise during the Steel Valley Nationals, which happened last Friday, Saturday and Sunday, there was a kid, his friend and his girl sitting next to me playing some loud music with the bass all the way up and it was annoying the crap out of me, so I blew a cloud in his window...

I won.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eodshawn
I have to say you guys that are complaining about the noise coming from some of these cars and your doing the same thing without your mufflers, blowing smoke and large tire noise. Have you ever set back to think thats what these people are into? Just like your into your cummins? I happen to love both and have both. granet there are some out there that play music thats not sutabile for kids and thats a no go. But hey this is america and we can do what we want with our cars and truck.
Proud owner of an 06 mega dually and a 2000 durango that hits 158 dbs!

Thank you,

You beat me to it. This is really kind of a hypocritical thread. A lot of you guys are whining about loud, obnoxious music vibrating your mirrors, yet most of you are running stacks or muffler deletes?? And most of you love to see smoke blowing out the rear end of a diesel. How do you think a non diesel lover feels when they are behind you at a stop light on a nice summer day with their windows down. Light turns green and you floor it or you lug it a bit and cover them with smoke? But you love that smoke don’t ya? I cant count how many threads I’ve read on this site over the years about someone smoking someone out…

Sorry, but this is just about one of the stupidest threads I’ve seen on this site. Just my 0.02

Cheers
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM

^^^^^^Someone touched a nerve^^^^^^^
I don't have any boom, boom and I don't intentionally smoke people out, cause mine just don't smoke much. But I can understand why people don't like having that crap they call music (gangsta stuff) pushed off on them at ungodly levels. Don't get me wrong, some people like that kinda music and I respect that, but not everyone wants it blared at them especially when their kids are in the vehicle. Just my .02
Old 06-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It has nothing to do with liking that kind of music. Please, like it by all means! Just roll up the windows and enjoy. I don't like it, so why should I?
-P
Old 06-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by txfiremedic
^^^^^^Someone touched a nerve^^^^^^^
I don't have any boom, boom and I don't intentionally smoke people out, cause mine just don't smoke much. But I can understand why people don't like having that crap they call music (gangsta stuff) pushed off on them at ungodly levels. Don't get me wrong, some people like that kinda music and I respect that, but not everyone wants it blared at them especially when their kids are in the vehicle. Just my .02
^^^^^^No nerve touched^^^^^^^ Just giving my opinion. It’s a free country dude, if you want to blast rap, metal, country or Yanni, you ought to have the right to. Just like I ought to have the right to run a straight pipe exhaust.

Oh and if you’re afraid of your kids hearing a bad word from someone’s stereo, you better get used to it or put permamuffs on their ears and lock them in your house and never let them out. Potty language is everywhere, not just in someones stereo. Welcome to the USA
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by CASMOKIN
^^^^^^No nerve touched^^^^^^^ Just giving my opinion. It’s a free country dude, if you want to blast rap, metal, country or Yanni, you ought to have the right to. Just like I ought to have the right to run a straight pipe exhaust.

Oh and if you’re afraid of your kids hearing a bad word from someone’s stereo, you better get used to it or put permamuffs on their ears and lock them in your house and never let them out. Potty language is everywhere, not just in someones stereo. Welcome to the USA
What a great idea, can I buy a few of those permamuffs off ebay?? I hear ya man, I respect your opinion. Oh and don't go blasting Yanni, you can blast any of the others, just not Yanni
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by txfiremedic
What a great idea, can I buy a few of those permamuffs off ebay?? I hear ya man, I respect your opinion. Oh and don't go blasting Yanni, you can blast any of the others, just not Yanni

Not a bad idea, huh. Im gonna do some R&D on those, Its gonna be a cash cow for sure, lmao.

Yanni, what ever happened to that guy
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM

I think I see a stock market powerhouse, please hold.....Im calling my broker now Yanni?? Who cares, we've got Sanjaya now
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ckt_santiago
You know, I'm only 20 and I personally don't see any reason for anything bigger than a set of 10's run 500w.... It's enough to rattle your teeth if you want it to and honestly, no one gives a rat's behind about a LOUD system other than people I honestly wouldn't associate with.
i agree. when i was 18 i was only running a pair of 10's with 250w through them. now i only have a single 10" sub with 250w. i dont see a need for anything over 500w in a street car.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's a little insight I gained a couple of years ago from one of those boom-boom car owners. I happened to be inside a convenience store - wasn't even in my truck in traffic and being forced to listen to their ungodly loud audio noise - and this kid comes rolling in, blasting so ALL can hear. He stops the engine (also thankfully stopping his noise) and comes into the store. Shortly after his entering the store, in a non-confrontational tone, I simply asked him if he knew how really irritating it is to other motorist who are forced to listen to his "music" at the volume he plays it, even with their windows up. Can you guess what his response was? It was a simple "Yes I do." without any hesitation or thinking about the question. What this tells me is these kids (whatever age this term applies to) quite simply have NO respect for others. They don't care if you've had a bad day or have a pounding headache and you're just trying to get home or possibly even to a doctor's office or you'd just need some relative peace and quiet while your driving. They're hell-bent on playing their "music" at such offensive volume levels just to get some kind of twisted pleasure from offending others, regardless of where they are or who they are offending.

Now, I'm certainly not a saint but I will say that 95% of the time I am considerate of other motorists when I'm driving my truck. This means I try NOT to smoke others when taking off from a stop and I don't get into the throttle hard so the exhaust will blare at them when I pass or go by. These kids, with their monster-powered systems who INTENTIONALLY play their "music" at levels so high it can't be blocked out even with your windows up and your own system playing, don't have the same respect for others as I, and from my experience, a majority of other motorists do.

Don't get me wrong, when I'm at home and I'm in the mood to listen to my music loud, I have the capability to do so with the system we have there - it will put just about ANY car system to shame in terms of musical clarity (i.e., NO distortion) even at high volume. But that's the difference. I choose to do this AT HOME where I won't be bothering others, not in my vehicle. We live in a rural area where each house is on 2.5 acres so there's considerable distance between neighbors so we can do this without being offensive to others. And if we happen to have the house windows open we don't play music as loud so it doesn't carry far enough to be loud and objectionable to our neighbors.

So, if you think this has "touched a nerve", you are dead right. This obvious lack of respect for others in this world is part of what's wrong with a seemingly growing portion of our society. While I haven't done so I'd almost be willing to bet if you were to ask one of these disrespectful kids "what is the golden rule?" they wouldn't have a clue!

And as to one of the posters here who made the comment basically saying anyone can do anything they want so welcome to America, that ISN'T what America is all about. Yes, it was founded upon the premise that individuals have to right to do what they want but not at the expense of others, and not without consequences. For example, you can't say something about someone that isn't true that causes them harm (financial or otherwise) and get away with it. That's called slander and there are penalties for that. Refraining from slander is simply showing respect for others that hopefully each of us would show others. Respect is what parents should teach their kids from an early age and I highly suspect this is NOT being done nearly enough these days, otherwise I don't thing we'd have kids misbehaving, blatantly showing disrespect for others and getting into serious trouble near as much or often.

Now, pardon me while I step down from my soapbox.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Rocky, great post! Unfortunately, "parents" aren't teaching their kids as well as they used to because increasingly it's a "parent" who's trying to do double duty.

Illegitimacy is a huge problem in this country, and only getting worse.

The main problem I see in our society is that people view all the self-imposed limitations required for a decent society as being encroachments on their liberty. Heaven forbid someone should refrain from cursing when they feel like it, having sex with whom they please, or doing anything that doesn't "feel good."
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 AM

Well I have 2 12" JL subs sitting behind my seat in my truck and about 95% of the time I have my deck set to the lowest bass level. I try and be mindful of others around me, realizing that not everyone wants to listen to my stuff. The only reason I have my system is simply because it was too good of a deal to pass up, 2 subs, box and 1100 watt amp for $200. I like a little thump, enough I can acknowledge that I have subs (which doesn't take much and it doesn't rattle everything within a 10 foot radius).

I'll admit my truck is loud, yes having no muffler will do that. BUT I don't go flooring it through my neighborhood, and I make sure that idle time is minimal (within safe egts). I wish the dink dating the girl across my street would think like that. His 94'? pontiac beretta with a fart can muffler on it (and slotted rotors too ) resonates through my bedroom and this past winter I can't count the number of times he let that thing idle for 30 minutes or more at 11pm, 12am, 1am. Doesn't help that he insists on going wide open every time he leaves her place. I seriously think he doesn't realize how sad of a car he drives, even though he's tried to bling it out with rims, muffler and some fancy brake rotors .

Ok end of rant but what I'm trying to get across here, is that its a respect thing. Not all of us young folk are like that but its seems more often than not you get the boneheads that have 0 respect.

Last edited by NoSparkplugs; 06-28-2007 at 12:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 AM

His 94'? pontiac beretta with a fart can muffler on it (and slotted rotors too ) resonates through my bedroom and this past winter I can't count the number of times he let that thing idle for 30 minutes or more at 11pm, 12am, 1am. Doesn't help that he insists on going wide open every time he leaves her place. I seriously think he doesn't realize how sad of a car he drives, even though he's tried to bling it out with rims, muffler and some fancy brake rotors .

I think that some of them don't realize how much the fart can sound resonates. There was some idiot that tried to break into my house several times and every time he let his fart can equiped car idle in my driveway. I knew he was outside before he even tried to kick in my back door which also woke up my dog that sleeps in the kennel right next to the door but thats okay it just gave me more time to get ready for him incase he did get in.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mike D
I agree! I have two JL 8's, they sound real good for my type of music.
I was leaving work one day, walking through the parking lot when one of the newer employees was playing with his ricer car's rather powerful sound system.. He was showing it off to another fellow employee and he had some of that gangsta' "ThUUUUMMMp-ThUUUUUUMMMp" stuff playing ..
As I walked by, I thought... I can't compete with his bass but,... hmmm.. Maybe it'll work..
I got to my truck and fired it up... I dug around in my CD box for a "Tartanic"
CD and cued up one of their signature high energy numbers on the cd player.
I still had a pair of earplugs in my shirt pocket so I stuffed those in my ears before cranking the vol **** all the way up...
I rolled down both windows, and slowly idled by him with my driver's door partially open as I let Scottish Highland Bagpipes and drums rip on my puny system. His head popped up and he cut his volume and was looking around like "WTH is THAT?!?
He started grinning when he realized what it was and where it was coming from. We waved and bid each other "bye"..
It was all in good fun...

There is just something otherworldly and penetrating about the sound of Highland Bagpipes...
I'm sure this white boy could be every bit as irritating to drivers of loud thumper cars with that pipe noise coming from an equally powerful sound system ...

I'd probably get shot doing that but would definitely become deaf...

K.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly
Like this?

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1147

I've wanted to do the same thing...
Awsome!! Now all I need is a bullet proof rear window and I'll be set.

Quick Reply: Very little respect.. (rant)