Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Very bad weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very bad weekend

I just had to let someone know about this weekend. We started off to remove three cows from a pasture in Irving TX. I was told that the cows were gentle and would walk right in the corral. What I was not told was that these cows had not followed anyone into the corrals for about 2 years and that they had been cross breed with deer. To make a long story a little bit shorter. We started out with three cows in the corral then no cows in site. One of them jumped the fence and a loading chute at the same time. I had to call some old boys from down in Cleburne to come up and rope them. He caught the last one about 8PM in the middle of Shady Grove rd with the police blocking traffic. On top of every thing else while driving through a ditch the gooseneck hit the tailgate and sidewalls on my truck
Now fast forward to Sunday I started off to take the nice tame cows to the sale barn in Meridian TX to be sold on Monday. I forgot my billfold and got stopped in Hillsboro for the trailer tag out of date (I had borrowed this trailer because mine had a bad axle) so I did not think to look at the tags. The cop is walking up to my truck and it dawned on me just how much trouble I was in ,I had a pistol in the console no drivers license with me and no concealed carry permit with me. Let me just say that Hillsboro TX/ Hill county likes there law and order. And when the courthouse was rebuilt a few years ago they did not bother with the cells in the basement. I had to call my lawyer son in-law to get things straight. Now I owe him one and I don’t even like him. I am almost afraid to go to work tomorrow. To top off every thing my wife has called everyone that she and I know.
The only good news is that the cows are gone, and the hand gun problem was not wrote down after we talked for a while and I can honestly say that I may have participated in the last wild cattle round up in Dallas County.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Very bad weekend

That sucks dude. I went out with a girl that show'd 5 San Gerts (I cant spell the whole name out) and I got kicked,drugged,headbutted, smash'd between the barn and the heifer. Then she got another calf that didnt respond for nothing I tried halter breaking the claf .. ..dang near broke my wrist yanking on the halter. So she went out and borrow'd a Donkey to help halter break'n well I had to hang on to BOTH the donkey and the calf....bad move...something spook'd the donkey and the the donkey spook'd the calf and they BOTH ran. That was the worst draggin. I was part of the family it seem'd like cause I would have to get up early and go feed em and stuff. That girl was awesome...Im still kickin my self in the butt for lettin her go. :'( Hey How long did it take to get your conceld (sp) handgun permit?

Sean
Old 09-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I misunderstood...but did you say the cows were crossbred with deer?? Me no think so. That's like cross breeding a dog with a cat. It just don't work that way. ???
Old 09-21-2003, 10:01 PM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=19934;start=0#msg187481 date=1064199461]
Maybe I misunderstood...but did you say the cows were crossbred with deer?? Me no think so. That's like cross breeding a dog with a cat. It just don't work that way. ???
[/quote]

It was a joke you slackjaw Aggie,,,the cows jumped the pin,,meaning they had a lil deer in them.

Too much smog up there in Dallas plugging up that mind of yours???
Old 09-21-2003, 10:03 PM

Oh....well that makes a little more sense then. ;D Been a long day... :-

I once saw a dog that was part Rottweiler and part Brahman bull. ;D
Old 09-21-2003, 11:51 PM

My cows are easy to load. open the door stand in front ot if when they get close jump out the side door while my dad is closeing the back door. your done. same thing getting them out. open the door let them see you and run like no tomarrow. simple
DM01
Old 09-22-2003, 10:34 AM

Hope I don't see those cows on the ranch. I live on a ranch about 28 miles from Meridian. If you would have posted this a few weeks ago, I might have thought the cow I penned up one night was one of the 3 you hauled off.

A few weeks ago I was over at a friends house on the south side of the ranch. I had rode my horse over and we were cooking out and such. About 11:00 at night, a sheriff's deputy drove up trailing a cow down the dirt road. He was trying to get her penned, but couldn't get her to go in a gate with his car. I ended up penning her on horseback (3 times)!She got out of the first 2 pastures we put her in.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Monday did go a little better. Doctor drained my knee that the bull mashed last week (that’s another story) it feels better now. Got me one of them little miracle shots to help with the ragweed and only 5 more days till bow season.

It does not take that long to get a CCP. Call DPS in Austin and they will send you the packet.
Also TXREDNECK sounds to me like you have been going out with my wifes niece ...Fine young lady by the name of Cisco Tucker the family lives in Beasly.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:55 AM

[quote author=TxRedneck link=board=10;threadid=19934;start=0#msg187467 date=1064192700]Hey How long did it take to get your conceld (sp) handgun permit?
[/quote]

About 4 years for you. Doesn't matter since you're not old enough anyway (have to be 21), but once you get the packet and take the class and send in all your stuff I believe it takes about 90 days. Can't remember for sure though as it was a few years back when I got mine. You can learn all you ever want to know about it HERE.