Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Vent, I have to vent

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vent, I have to vent

I知 amazed, I am running a add on Craig痴 list giving away a house that someone could ether move or tear down for the materials. People have been coming out of the woodwork telling me anything from if you rent all the equipment I値l supply the labor for X dollars. To asking if they can rent it. Just makes you wonder if people are really that stupid or if they are just asking to see if the add is real.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are probably that stupid.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

No...Bigfoot...There are people that are just plain stupid like you mentioned..
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont you just love CL???

A buddy at work tore down an old barn and gave the wood to another guy at work. finally, after a couple months of come get your wood, he loaded it on a trailer and hauled it to the other guys house and dumped it in his front yard.
The only thing that amazes me more than what people will steal is what you cant give away.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Urban Legend

I致e actually had one call and ask what a pier and beam house was, and could he move it like a mobile home. I told him if he needed to ask then I would not let him have the house GO AWAY. He has not called back.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Dang ... wish you were closer to Houston. I wouldn't mind the building material. Wouldn't ask the stupid questions either hahahaha

Little too far though ...

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Dang ... wish you were closer to Houston. I wouldn't mind the building material. Wouldn't ask the stupid questions either hahahaha

Cheers,
PISTOL

OMG!!!
I just had that mental image of a yellow FJ with a bunch of wood sticking out the back window and strapped to the top bouncing along the 45 into houston...
Old 12-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Urban Legend

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt

Cheers,
PISTOL
I wish you could do it also, even if I致e never met you I would feel a lot better having had conversations all these years.
Plus I壇 most likely forget to lock the shop with all that beer in the Beererator.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by bigfoot
I wish you could do it also, even if I’ve never met you I would feel a lot better having had conversations all these years.
Plus I’d most likely forget to lock the shop with all that beer in the Beererator.
Maybe someone here would be able to help bigfoot, without him getting those stupid phone calls...
Old 12-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Maybe someone here would be able to help bigfoot, without him getting those stupid phone calls...
better yet, lets all look up his CL ad and call him with stoopid questions just to annoy him....
Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Havent had the CL experience yet but will be trying them out in the next year to dispose of some items. Sounds like it could be interesting.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Urban Legend

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
better yet, lets all look up his CL ad and call him with stoopid questions just to annoy him....
Careful OK is not that far away.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
..Bigfoot is going to reading this...Thinking...dam...Now I'm going to get a whole pile of crank calls....
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Urban Legend

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
..Bigfoot is going to reading this...Thinking...dam...Now I'm going to get a whole pile of crank calls....
Here I am offering good Beer and all this fine lumber for the taking not to mention a great workout program and all I get is crank calls. Fine bunch of buddies you are. I'm going to bed and unplug the phone.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:48 PM

I wish you were a little closer to Lubbock.......I could use the materials and can't drink beer so your beer machine is safe.....now if that was a coke machine.......

Quick Reply: Vent, I have to vent