Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Valve stem's. Could you live with uneven rear's

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Valve stem's. Could you live with uneven rear's

I bought one of the dually valve stem kit's. It was $120 plus $10 shipping. Got one side installed, and the outer stem sticks out almost 2" farther than the inner. I called the place thinking I got a wrong part or something. He said that's the way they're supposed to be. The inner is 6" long. He said if you go with a 8", it will wobble, and fatigue the metal, and crack.

Other than look's, it will work fine. But it's just I'm really **** about stuff like that. Could you guy's live with it, or send it back. That's assuming he would let me. But he seem's like a really nice guy, so I don't see a problem.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you will forget about it after while

let it go relax. its JUST a truck.

(i'd dremel it & re-thread it,if it was me.)
Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Ramer Jamer
I bought one of the dually valve stem kit's. It was $120 plus $10 shipping. Got one side installed, and the outer stem sticks out almost 2" farther than the inner.
Oh Gawd NO! Not that! Oh man, put the kids up for adoption, divorce the wife and shoot the dog. There's no sense in subjecting them to the pain and anguish of UN-EVEN VALVE STEMS!

You DO realize I'm just kiddin' I hope! I can understand where you're coming from as I like to have things 'right' too, but I think I'd just put 'em on an' forget about it. Or TRY to!

chaikwa.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man,,,you guy's are pokin me in the eye with a sharp stick.

I actually expected everyone to say they wouldn't spend that kind of money on valve stem's. But after 3 failure's at a truck stop fuel pump resulting in me having to unload, and drop my trailer to change a flat,,,,I'm done with the rubber stem's.

And now that someone planted a seed in my mind, causing me to dream and toss and turn all night,,,I might actually try to cut the longer one off and rethread it. I guess it could be done. I'll have to see how it turn's out.