Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tsunami Aid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once again, Top has the only logical attitude. Help the people first then worry about the politics.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

The people of the US may help all they want, and altruism is good, meets the great commission and all.

However, aid should not be part of our government's policy. That's just stupid.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:00 PM

Ok guys, what is the best way to contribute to the aid effort? Any suggestions?

Also was quite interested in a news report. Seems that Powell set up a coalition with Austrailia, Japan, and a couple other countries to aid the Asians and Africans from this flood and wave damage, as was said earlier, but not going through the UN. Seems now that after a conversation with Annon, the UN wants to be a part of the US led coalition. And what was the purpose of the UN?
Old 12-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
Ok guys, what is the best way to contribute to the aid effort? Any suggestions?

Also was quite interested in a news report. Seems that Powell set up a coalition with Austrailia, Japan, and a couple other countries to aid the Asians and Africans from this flood and wave damage, as was said earlier, but not going through the UN. Seems now that after a conversation with Annon, the UN wants to be a part of the US led coalition. And what was the purpose of the UN?
Red Cross is always a good bet in this type of situation. Again we see just how really petty and useless the UN is. Time for the US to get out of the UN.

UN=Unwilling Nincompoops
Old 12-30-2004, 08:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Red Cross is always a good bet in this type of situation. Again we see just how really petty and useless the UN is. Time for the US to get out of the UN.

UN=Unwilling Nincompoops
I agree, the Red Cross has the lowest overhead or administrative cost of any of the charities. Most of the people that help are volunteers leaving more money for the stuff these people need.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I believe in helping out these poor people, politics aside it is the people who are suffering.

Some of these aid items from the US are the only things these people will ever see from us..It can make a lasting impression on a mind that is bombarded with anti american rhetoric.

My only hesitation is with WHO do you give the aid too for distribution? Much of it will be stolen and never reach the people who really need it. That ticks me off and I have absolutely no idea how to prevent that.

Helping people no matter where they live in a time of crisis is a good thing even if you do not care for their political agendas.
Well said !!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:36 PM

The Red Cross can be reached at 1-800-HELP-NOW
You can tell the operator that you want your donation to go to the Tsunami Relief fund.

~Rob
Old 12-30-2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by hotdram
The Red Cross can be reached at 1-800-HELP-NOW
You can tell the operator that you want your donation to go to the Tsunami Relief fund.

~Rob
You can donate on line also.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

I just read a report on CNN that said they now think 400,000 people have died in this disaster.

I guess the politics can wait. These people need our help, and the Red Cross answers to no one, but the people who need help. Dig deep guys.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by Geico266
You can donate on line also.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

I just read a report on CNN that said they now think 400,000 people have died in this disaster.

I guess the politics can wait. These people need our help, and the Red Cross answers to no one, but the people who need help. Dig deep guys.
Yes, I made a donation. This is the thank you note they sent.

Dear Larry,

Thank you for your donation to the American Red Cross to the International Disaster Relief Fund in response to the Southern Asia earthquake and tsunami disaster. Your donation enables the Red Cross to provide immediate relief and long-term support through relief supplies, such as family size tents, blankets, and hygiene kits. The Red Cross is also sending personnel and financial assistance to those in need. The American Red Cross encourages you to learn more about these and other efforts by visiting http://www.RedCross.org.

Together, we can save a life.

American Red Cross
Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 AM

Heeding the advice of our pastor, we donated thru Catholic Relief Services; an agency with an existing overseas infrastructure that specializes in emergency help for the poor.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:20 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Be sure to earmark your donations to the Red Cross or you could end up supporting the Gitmo Terrorists.. The Red Cross has gone so Far Left I am sure there are better choices But that being said it is better than not giving.
just My anti red Cross .2
Old 01-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How many of you out there actually think that the money you are sending the Red Cross , actually goes to the Tsunami relief fund?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by GIT-R-DONE
How many of you out there actually think that the money you are sending the Red Cross , actually goes to the Tsunami relief fund?

O/
Old 01-03-2005, 04:10 PM

i think we should send them all we can that they need (as long as it made and sent from USA)