Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tsunami Aid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Tsunami Aid?

PLEASE DONATE TO THE RED CROSS! http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

The USA has again stepped up to the plate and is committing more aid and more resources to the stricken areas of the greatest natural disater in modern times, and today the UN calls us "STINGY"! We have donated more aid than any group of countries COMBINED and all we get is slapped in the face. No one ever thanks us for the good we do, or the lives we save.

With 115,000 dead and counting in a predominately Muslim area where is Saudi Arabia? Iran? and all the rest? Libia?, France?, Germany?, Russia?

I'm getting pretty tired of my taxes going to supporting the UN only to have it go into the pockets of the leaders. Then to add insult to injury being slapped around like a "red headed step child." "Stingy" ? The UN can kiss my royal (you know what).

The USA is the most generous country this planet has EVER know.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think these UN ingrates should pack their trash and move out of their New York City headquarters. They don't like anything we do, no matter what, so GET OUT!
See if Copenhagen or some other Euro city will take them in...

It's also time to take a good hard look at WHO we are helping with our generous aid contributions.
Why are WE the country that has to come to the rescue of every world disaster that comes down the pike? It's certainly NOT for the gratitude shown!

I vote for isolationism!
They don't help us, the US does NOT help them.

JMHO
Old 12-28-2004, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer" I don't want them to move, or else we won't have a clue what they are up to.

As far as aid goes, we give out quite a bit all over the world, even to people we swear are our enemies. We have been sending grain and fuel to North Korea since the end of WWII. The world doesn't appreciate us because they see what we have as the reason they have not. I don't believe they are right, but I have seen what they feel.

Another cliche: "You never know what you have until it is gone." What the world do if we decided not to help out? When is it going to be appropriate that you keep what you earn without having to be sympathetic to those less fortunate? Why do I HAVE to feel compassionate for everyone whose number came up due to this disaster? I am much more consumed with My friend's house burning to the ground 2 weeks ago, displacing him and his family until he can rebuild. I don't see why I should be compelled to spend money on people so far away whose government hasn't bothered to prepare for these sort of problems.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Banned

I don't think we should send any unilateral aid. Aid, in my opinion, is the EXPRESS reason the UN should be around. There is no reason that i can think of for us to send aid to anybody, and I believe all aid should be replaced with military expansion, or at least economic recovery. Screw aid. It really peeves me off, come to think of it. Wow, aid sucks. Honestly, I don't see why we send aid to anything?

the least of all North Korea. What the heck are we sending aid to an enemy for? Jeese, I think the world would probably be a better place for us if they all died, why the heck are we sending aid to an enemy? That's stupider than sending aid to China.

No, wait a second, I think we're doing that too. Anybody know if we're sending anything to Cuba?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:21 PM

I think we should get out of the UN. I think we need stop supporting/aiding these other countries that don't want it! We can't even take care of OWN people. So why not put the money were it will actually be appreciated, our homeless, our less fortunate. If the government has all this extra money to throw around, why not cut our taxes and put more money in our pockets, THE WORKIN MAN!
And lastly our own national debt. Why don't we collect on all of this money that these other countries OWE us? Lets see how these countries survive. What would happen if the U.S. ever needed help? NOTHING! My proof 9/11! I didn't hear about any aid from other countries?
Old 12-28-2004, 09:19 PM

Correction guy, Its not mostly Muslim, India is mostly Hindu and christain ( Southern India that is), Yes suprise they have a good amount of christians in southern india.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Ripper406
Correction guy, Its not mostly Muslim, India is mostly Hindu and christain ( Southern India that is), Yes suprise they have a good amount of christians in southern india.
If that is the case then why are they refusing aid from Israel?

Most of the dead are Muslim, and not in India.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:57 PM

I have to agree. Calling us "stingy" was way out of line. These governments are extremely ungrateful.

However, I would have to get the opinion of the people recieving this aid before I voted to cease it all together. For all we know they could be very grateful for what we have done but because the governments run the shows we'd never know about it. But if they were as ungrateful as their government, I wouldn't think twice about revoking the aid.

A few times without aid from us would change their view.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:10 PM

Bet you`ll really hear them screamin when we stop the aid preiod, everywhere. Does anyone ever help us? NOT, I personally would go there if I could to help, however I would have no job to return to. It seems these last several years the diasters get worst. quakes, tornados. crazy weather, snow in Texas where its never snowed? Im not a cloud of doom or anything but it makes one wonder If someone isnt a little preturbed at someone. Screw the UN, we better off without.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Banned

Lets face it guys most of the world dislike us and yet we help everyone all the time no matter if they just kicked sand in our eyes we should just throw politics right out the window and just handle business
Old 12-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Banned

The point is that we have nothing to gain from sending aid to Southern India. It's useless- we can get warm and fuzzy inside, but other than that, what? That is what the UN is good for, let them send aid and we'll match it. Same thing with any other aid. The only reason to send aid is if we were going to be expecting it in return someday- which isn't going to happen any time soon. (Knock on wood.)
Old 12-28-2004, 10:23 PM

That was Siri Lanka I believe, now you have 50%+ muslims living over there that refused israle support. I doubt India would decline help from isreal.

I agree calling US stingy is foul, if you look at Europe which has almost the same Gross national income , how come they arnt supporting more money? I think I read on somewhere they only gave 4million while US initially gave 15M now its 35M?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:46 PM

It doesn't matter what race or religion the people were. Alot of people lost their lives over there (58K+ last time I looked). I know alot of us feel that the world don't appreciate us, but at least I feel we are bigger than that and still send our help wherever it is needed.

Tony
Old 12-28-2004, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by TPilaske
It doesn't matter what race or religion the people were. Alot of people lost their lives over there (58K+ last time I looked). I know alot of us feel that the world don't appreciate us, but at least I feel we are bigger than that and still send our help wherever it is needed.

Tony
A noble thought Tony...
Old 12-29-2004, 07:37 AM

I think we need to look at aid on a deeper level. It’s a spiritual law that when you give you get more in return. I believe we are a great nation because we are a giving nation. God smiles on things like that. If we give wanting a pat on the back, I think we have missed the whole point in giving.
Yes we do need to do more at home. The system isn’t perfect nor will it ever be, but as a whole I think Americans have it good compared to most nations.
Just because the powers that be in these countries are corrupt and ungrateful doesn’t mean that the individuals under their rule are. This comes right back to the point do we give to get, or do we give because we care about the suffering of other human beings.

Quick Reply: Tsunami Aid?