Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Trying to order shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Angry Trying to order shocks

Well I've got to vent!

First of all I tried to order Bilsteins from www.bilstein.at (Me being in Austria it makes a bit of sense to buy locally)
But since they effectively doubled the price of their first written offer when I tried to order I did not buy there.

Well, go to e-bay and try to find the shocks there, no way to get all the shocks I need into one shipment, and many vendors seem to want to profit on shipping (and seem to assume that I can not use the shipping calculator at www.usps.com) Come On - 250 US$ shipping per shock!

Now I try to buy these shocks at a vendor suggested on this site. Their webshop doesn't calculate shipping correctly.
It says 154 US$ on the website and they state 245 US$ for shipping (ok it's for 12 shocks)

Out of the blue (at least to me) they refund my paypaled cash and now they want me to use my credit card and additionally fax them both sides of my credit card, and my passport.. Hellooooo...

They state that paypal does not know my shipping address... Hellooo- I ordered 3 days ago from the states using paypal and this address and I've got a tracking number- I tried to verify with paypal and they don't see anything wrong with my shipping address...

Sometimes I think that being over here and trying to simply buy shocks for a US vehicle is a cause for fundamentalist terrorists. At least if this doesn't get resolved to my satisfaction quite soon I will have 2 trucks and 1 Landcruiser down due to the fact that it's impossible to buy shocks without getting ripped off or being prepared for identity theft and abuse of credit card data....

Sorry for the rant, I appreciate your time reading it, will be right back after blowing up something...

AlpineRAM
Old 12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
JKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you tried Calling Lary in the DTR store? He might have something in his catalog that is not on the website. I am sure he would love to help you out.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you try Lorenz - He has Bilsteins and "These shocks have split compression and rebound valving tuned for the Dodge Ram 4 x 4 application."

http://www.lorenzindustries.com/products_bilsteins.html

FYI I have the leveling kit and am very happy with it.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that ordering is such a trial. I bought mine thru Ricksons (http://www.ricksontruck.com). I don't see shocks on their website now but it might be worth checking with them. I was happy with their service and pricing when I ordered a few years ago.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:12 PM

I tried this one vendor because he seems to be the only one to have all the shocks I need at the moment.

I see his side of the situation too, because I found out that even though the community has changed my address (without moving, they restructured street names) and supplying this information to the bank issuing my credit card and even though the bills for my CC do have the new address on them, the credit card company computer will still tell the old address to the paypal computer which then will not confirm the new address.. Naturally .

OK, now the vendor sees that I have an alternate shipping address, and there is no way to confirm an alternate shipping address for paypal accounts from outside the USA. Since there is no confirmed shipping address the vendor won't ship according to paypal vendor guidelines (fraud protection)

So now why not send to the old address? Mainly because with an invalid address the post office is not responsible for anything that happens to the package. (Great!) and then also because there are some parts about the tax and import duties laws that make it inadvisable to use the old address- worst case would be me ending up with no shocks but a bill for customs duties and taxes + a bill for the return shipment due to an invalid address. - Don't ask, these are Austrian laws. .. I could gripe about them to no end...

Thanks for letting me rant and also for the constructive suggestion via PM !

Markus
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry about all that, Markus-- I do feel your pain here. Going through a problem getting brake pads right now!!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:08 AM

Hey soulezoo!

Is this a European car? Do you have a part number etc, I can try to hook you up.

(Would need to know quick because a lot of the parts shops are closed for the holidays from 20071224- 20080102)

AlpineRAM