Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Trying to cut tree down......with ak-47

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trying to cut tree down......with ak-47

So this is what I do when I'm bored. I've put nearly 800 rounds into this tree waiting for it to fall and it hasn't, I put another 300 rounds in it today. Got a video of some shooting with the ak. Ill get pics of the tree up. Its pretty crazy when you see the tree, its hard to understand how it is still standing.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hootoutrp4.flv
Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like fun. When the dove are not flying worth a dern we should trees with a 12 gauge. What
Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Look's constuctive
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Need some closeups of the tree to go with the video!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Riiiiiiggghhhhhttt
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what are those "special" bullets? A heavier slug and loaded hot?
Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use to nock the tops off trees with my 358 Norma mag with 300 grain barns bullets, but your way looks like way more fun, we cant have weapons like that in Canada unless you have a collecters licence, and I wasnt willing to give up my first born to get one.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Ben

Originally Posted by 21ALPHA
So what are those "special" bullets? A heavier slug and loaded hot?

Ummmm yeah. I am curious about that also. What makes them "not legal" to own?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 PM

and if the aren't "legal" to own, why admit that on the internet in a video that gives your full name?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:17 PM

What makes them not legal is they are black jacketed of some sort.. They Can penetrate bullet proof vests with one shot SUPPOSEDLY. No flaming please. manufacture states that, not me!

Were only once legal. But i have 1000's of them. They were discontinued voluntarily from the company. Then after that they were actually banned to only police officers, but as seeing most police officers don't use 7.62x39 you can basically only get them in Russia, or Iraq if you know someone fighting over there

Ill get a picture up sometime of the bullet, and the mangled tree. They are the same concept as the black talon bullets that are only sold to police officers now as they COULD penetrate a bullet proof vest with one shot and they go out into 6 claw looking things on impact.

I also have a crap load of bullet proof windows from military hummers. I used to make them, and the ones i have are rejected windows. they are fun to shoot too. If your near my area come take some! I got about 20 laying around, but to my point. These bullets would only take 2-3 shots to get through the windows. The standard civilian bullet takes about 30 shots to get through the other side.

And they are a WAY higher grain. 5 shots bruises my shoulder with them. And with the regular bullets i can shoot all day without a mark.

As you can see with the first 32 shots i was getting knocked around, and the next 32 didn't really do much
Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM

Nice loads....don't waste them. I got some shot gun loads called Bolas someone makes, two brass slugs connected by steel cable...Bear stoppers.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Snow
What makes them not legal is they are black jacketed of some sort.. They Can penetrate bullet proof vests with one shot SUPPOSEDLY. No flaming please. manufacture states that, not me!

Were only once legal. But i have 1000's of them. They were discontinued voluntarily from the company. Then after that they were actually banned to only police officers, but as seeing most police officers don't use 7.62x39 you can basically only get them in Russia, or Iraq if you know someone fighting over there

Ill get a picture up sometime of the bullet, and the mangled tree. They are the same concept as the black talon bullets that are only sold to police officers now as they COULD penetrate a bullet proof vest with one shot and they go out into 6 claw looking things on impact.

I also have a crap load of bullet proof windows from military hummers. I used to make them, and the ones i have are rejected windows. they are fun to shoot too. If your near my area come take some! I got about 20 laying around, but to my point. These bullets would only take 2-3 shots to get through the windows. The standard civilian bullet takes about 30 shots to get through the other side.

And they are a WAY higher grain. 5 shots bruises my shoulder with them. And with the regular bullets i can shoot all day without a mark.

As you can see with the first 32 shots i was getting knocked around, and the next 32 didn't really do much
you are talking about black talon rounds not illegal to own illegal to make. I can buy them all day every day. Winchester still makes the round for pistols without the teflon coating
Old 01-03-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rpainter
you are talking about black talon rounds not illegal to own illegal to make. I can buy them all day every day. Winchester still makes the round for pistols without the teflon coating
no, i mean they are like black talons, the tips and all, but the 7.62 is illegal. I'm not sure of the exact name of it. if i figure it out i will let people know. i think you can buy them online so long as you can get past customs

i think they were ban around the same time as the black talons

The legal back talon knock offs are now called Ranger SXT without the Lubalox coating on them. I have some black talons but they dont do anywhere as much damage as these AK bullets i have now.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Sounds like a lot of money down the drain. Ive mowed down plastic posts with my .22...but at only $8/500, its cheap.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbrettctd
Sounds like a lot of money down the drain. Ive mowed down plastic posts with my .22...but at only $8/500, its cheap.
I dont shoot my military rounds too often. Other than that, the basic rounds i get are 44 dollars for 1000 bullets, its fun and worth it

Quick Reply: Trying to cut tree down......with ak-47