Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Trusting Someone Else With my Truck !!! Hard

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trusting Someone Else With my Truck !!! Hard

Left my truck at the shop today. Pac Brake. Trying to find a good wrench for tune ups and maint. Hope they do good. I felt like I was leaving my trusty steed at the kill yard. Anyone share my worries with there truck? Any horror stories?

Last edited by madhat; 02-19-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-2008, 02:55 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
I hope you meant "horror" stories! I won't loan/leave the keys w/ anyone. My truck is the finickiest rig I have ever owned and it took a while for me to learn how to drive it correctly. A lot of power and a stiff trans, also, I tend to take a ridiculously high level of care of all my posessions and find few who value the value of their dollars like I do. I buy the best and keep it that way, whether it be vehicles, guns, tools, toys, equipment, etc, etc. You are not alone when it comes to letting someone else work on her either. I feel the same way. Kurt
Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 PM

I'm glad to hear people out there are as protective as I am over a truck. Ment horror I cant spell to well. I paid the truck off last year. Looking to get 15 years out of it. I'll buy new equipment for the boys and new work trucks for the men but I sure want to be personally debt free.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM

I hear you. Even now that my 03 is gone and I have an old 94, I still don't like letting just anyone have it. I think that is part of the pride of ownership. You want things done a certain way and know that you do it, but when it is with someone else, it is a guessing game.
Hope all goes well with the new accessory.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some strange reason no one will drive my truck if I am in the passenger seat even worse now with the whole betta clutch makes the transmission stiff as wood pecker lips and I am nervous wreak. Three shops I frequent get trusted too work on my truck and drive it those are Source Auto Les Schwab and K & H Specialties. Other than that you would have to pry my keys out of my cold dead hand before I would let any one else drive it my ex is one of the major factors of the clutch going out she would always drive the **** thing like is was a indy car and slam gears and drove me up the wall
Old 02-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Ben

Only 3 of my friends I trust to take it and use it. That is an unconditional, can I use your truck, sure no problem.

They are all dirtherders and have large truck experience. My neighbor actually drives it alot better than me...lol, even with how twitchy it is.

Where I get my mod work done....no problem take it. Both the owner and the wrench.

The local guy that puts my tires on and also does the work on my Honda. He actually put it sideways in the middle of the highway last fall punching it at 60. He thought it was great. I trust him. His dad has my old MAD Ecm.

And that's it.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 PM

My family only- dad, cousin and uncle thats it and PapaSmurf , he got me into all this stuff . Those who know me know how much it means to me and dont want to drive it because of the chance of something bad happening.
Later,
AC
Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I have turned my keys over ONE time to someone I wasn't related to. I had to leave it at the dealership for recall work. I wrote down my mileage in front of the service manager and tole him it better not move over .1 mile.
The only person that doesn't get quizzed over driving it is my wife.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM

I agree...hate leaving it with anyone! Unfortunately, I can't do all of the work myself. Plus with it being a stick, I don't like people abusing my clutch. Of course, I have to let the wife drive it now and then...but I really don't want to
Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Chapter President

My dad is the only who I let drive my truck. Even then I am picky. He lugs it way too much for my taste. I sprained my ankle last year and he drove me home from the emergency room and I was on him the way back when he was going 30mph in 6th gear.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife is the only one that gets to drive her and she is a nervous wreck the entire time because she thinks that she'll do something wrong and tear it up. All I ask of her is to watch the FP gauge like a hawk and smoke them tailgaters, but she refuses to do the later. Actually, when she's behind the wheel the truck gets driven easier than I normally drive it.