Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"Truck-Nutz" Outlawed in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Geesh! I agree whole heartily. I am so sick of silly laws legislating everything. I don't care for "truck nutz" either.......but if you want some on your truck...knock yourself out.

Locally, we now have laws against talking on a cell phone in school zones. I understand that it's for safety. But what about putting on makeup, eating a burger, reading a book, or etc. etc???

Now they are trying to pass a law about wearing your pants hanging down on your behind. I guess it's an attempt to clean up the "ghetto".

Where does it end? It doesn't.

I just get tired of all of this sillyness being put upon otherwise law abiding citizens. How about let's expend some energy and money and enforce laws that are REALLY important, like illegal immigration?? Or build some jails and prisons so that when the police do make a good arrest, they don't push someone else out the back door because of lack of space? (revolving door)

Oklahoma has a "pull up your pants" law. I believe that also includes butt cleveage for women.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think that it is right to make them illegal.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:35 PM

Back in the day we had them under our semi trailer, it was a way of showing your truck wasn't governed aka castrated.
As far as making them illegal, I don't agree, but look at it this way...I think I would be pretty mad if I saw my tax dollars being wasted on something this silly, crime must be pretty low down there now if they need to pass a law like this.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned

Thats the stupidest thing I've heard in quite some time.
While I think that hangin nuts look retarded,
I don't agree with anybody using tax payers money to push another law through
that tells me what I can or cant look at or what I can or cant dangle from my bumper.
This is just one more way that 'The Man" uses to control you and take away our freedom of speech and expression.

Look at all of the crap on TV today.
The queer shows, reality shows, hemorrhoid commercials and tampon commercials that seem to always air when you might be sitting down to eat some supper?
Get a grip cry babies....
Don't any of you have anything better to worry about than some bo-hunk cruising around town with an artificial set of ********* hanging from his bumper?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Bumper stickers are next. Oh and what about flags no flags on the vehicle. Bureaucrats lets outlaw them.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:09 PM
BTM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
They ARE stupid, and maybe immature. However, we do live in a "free" society, don't we? It is nothing more than a distraction from real issues. We can't even find 535 people in the country that don't take bribes, I mean campaign contributions, and can balance a checkbook! They are telling ME what is inappropriate!!!!!!!!!!! Rich
Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 PM

As much as I dis-like Truck Nutz, I dislike even more the idea of LAWS like this being passed.

A few months back I read something that I think was is Dallas, not quite sure but thats besides the point, and in this area, where ever it took place, a law was passed prohibiting people from painting their own houses certain colors.

Ive even read horror stories of cities and states wanting to pass laws that would make it illegal to smoke in your own car while on public roads...

"This is not a new idea. I first saw it on old news reels from the 1930's, but it was hard to understand cause the narration was in German."
-George Carlin
Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Like all of you fine intelligent like minded people have said (I hear sucking up to Lary has its perks), I also find them stupid and have also wanted to take a flame thrower to some borderline bumper stickers, but to put it in law? I don’t think so.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Chapter President

I think that a smoking ban in your car was something they are talking about up in Nashville, also nothing better to do I guess. They say it's for the kids, well, I'm 36 and been around other types of smoke when I was young....still here and living. As far as I know, I pay the note on the car( I don't smoke anything by the way) so why is it now we are going to govern my rights on my own car?

Truck nutz, eeeewwwww but to say, joe truck can't hang a big shiny pair of chrome bull thingys from his bumper cause it might offend someone? Then ding him $65 for a ticket, tie up the court with senseless crrrrrrrrr........stuff. Real slow days down in the state capitol there. Must be thinkin', I wonder if we could really push this through?? Or maybe it's a bet between two senators, I bet you can't I bet I can, $20??? Your on.....
Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welllll it is the home of hanging chads. Nuff Said?
Old 04-20-2008, 02:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and what about the guys who hang 2 big giant nuts (as in nuts and bolts) from a chain? Are they going to outlaw those too?

Let's pass something useful, like a law keeping slow butt drivers and big rigs out of the fast (left) lane.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 AM

our congress critters seem to have nothing better to do than try to control us so called peons. i hear in chattanooga it is illegal to fly a confederate flag from you property. considered inciting to riots or some such nonsense. no i dont live there but i fly the stars and stripes and the confederate. it IS a part of our history good, bad or ugly.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I always thought they were immature and disgusting ...
I AGREE!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:50 AM

I'm one of those disgusting pigs who (when I had my Ram) had a big ol' pair of cod's dangling for the world to see. Oddly enough ... I purchased them in Florida.

They are tacky and offensive and I can definately see why most people don't care to see them ... but to pass a law to keep them off of MY PERSONAL VEHICLE ... I think that idea is assinine.

I could write chapters of things that other people do that offend me .. but I am not asking the government to regulate them. If I don't like something bad enough ... I will walk up and make my point known. Don't need some over-paid and over-indulged politician to police the world for such a petty thing on my behalf.

I'd really rather that they spend their time efforts focusing on their own morals (toe-tapping in the bathroom, hookers, playing hide the cigar with the interns, etc ...) before focusing on me and my dangling cods. That is what they were supposedly elected to do.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that people that have these things hanging off their vehicles are just compensating for something they're missing in their own life and that we need to show a little compassion and understanding towards them, not institute a law that will only take away what little manhood they have left.

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: "Truck-Nutz" Outlawed in Florida