Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Truck Kills....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Kills....

uncorked the Cummins tonight(when don't I?).... I was driving around town and saw a 3rd Gen QC shortbed (2500) that happened to be going the same direction I was... after rounding a corner I started grabbing gears(he had his foot in his too) in an attempt to pass. As I pulled up beside him I saw the Hemi badge so I reached for 6th; the large diesel cloud announced my intentions. We both took a left turn at the next light and it wasn't even a race.. as soon as I hit 4th he was 2 blocks behind and losing ground fast. I pulled until I hit 65 (in a 40) and shut it down.... he gave me a big thumbs up, decided he'd had enough of my slow diesel and turned off....

I was beaming about this because I thougt a "HEMI" would stand up to my mildly BOMB'ed
Cummins....

incidentally, earlier during the day I made another Dodge owner wonder if he bought the wrong truck. This one was a 3rd Gen Regular Cab long bed.... and it had a Cummins. We were both headed the same direction (there was a Powerstroke in front of me.... slow Edit). The 'stroker turned off so I pulled up beside my Dodge brethern and gave him a little puff to see if he was game.... At the next stop light I got caught behind him then noticed he'd rolled down his window so I figured the game was on.... He got on it pretty good and let out a small puff and then a slightly larger puff.... after I cleared traffic, I pulled up beside him and grabbed my next gear only to leave him in the fog.... he turned off before I could administer my next dose of medication....
Old 05-08-2005, 07:33 AM

Talking

Nice...

It always nice to play with the other Dodge trucks...

I hate to say it but I lost to a 1981 Dodge Ram Charger at about 108 MPH... I had him until there... It's looks like it's time for a box of some sort...

I still got something he doesn't... MASSIVE GRUNT!

I asked him to go for a tug-o-war pull... He declined...
Old 05-08-2005, 04:30 PM

If he was two blocks behind you before you hit 65mph, he wasn't racing. The Hemi powered Ram is anything but slow. I've owned both.
Unfortunately for those who like to race on public roadways in Florida, we have a new law that allows the police to confiscate your vehicle for racing on puclic roads. Not simply impound, you lose your ride just like in a drug bust. But we have drag strips that allow sportsmen racing for a small fee and an helmet. All the BS stops at a real 1/4 mile track.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Mopar1973man
Nice...

It always nice to play with the other Dodge trucks...

I hate to say it but I lost to a 1981 Dodge Ram Charger at about 108 MPH... I had him until there... It's looks like it's time for a box of some sort...

I still got something he doesn't... MASSIVE GRUNT!

I asked him to go for a tug-o-war pull... He declined...
I'm the guy that beat the Cummins in that race... LOL
Old 05-08-2005, 05:45 PM

The Hemi's are fairly quick, but nothing a mildly bombed cummins cant take care of.

Eric
Old 05-08-2005, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Hannibal
If he was two blocks behind you before you hit 65mph, he wasn't racing. The Hemi powered Ram is anything but slow.
He may have shut it down after he realized it was a lost cause but he started off with the intention of racing. My truck is anything but slow as well....
Old 05-08-2005, 11:32 PM

no we were side be side and ihe got me off the line and i got him in the long run that becaues he has a governer and i don't
Old 05-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mopar1973man

I asked him to go for a tug-o-war pull... He declined... [/B]

He he he he he...

u would be shocked at what ur cummins will pull.. I hooked up with a 6.0 chevy gasser... MAN in 4 low and first gear.. low to low on both.. didnt even know he was back there... i dragged him at least a good 25 feet before he gave up... his tires wouldnt even dig into the ground.... but i know i can and will be beat..

Tx
Old 05-09-2005, 02:31 AM

a hemi ram is pretty quick....and the cummins needs slightly more than mild bombs...i have mild bombs, and a good hemi will pull away from me!!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by TxDiesel007
He he he he he...

u would be shocked at what ur cummins will pull.. I hooked up with a 6.0 chevy gasser... MAN in 4 low and first gear.. low to low on both.. didnt even know he was back there... i dragged him at least a good 25 feet before he gave up... his tires wouldnt even dig into the ground.... but i know i can and will be beat..

Tx
You Right Tx...

I might not be the quickest on the street but I will take on anyone for a good tug-o-war!

Sad to say everyone looks at my truck and declines... I wonder why???

How about it Ram81Man??? Are your still up to it???
Old 05-13-2005, 03:40 PM

Smile hey mopar73man

what you think iam stupid
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 PM

I had a Hemi with Headers, Downloader, TruFlow Intake and exhaust. My CTD would walk on that thing like it was stock mustang. They are pretty quick for what they are, however, they stand no chance against a mildly bombed CTD.

I think Stock for Stock the HEMI only pulls slightly on the CTD.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Banned

My 1500 Hemi that we "had" was a dog right off the line but let it hit 2500 plus RPM's and it would suck you into the seats, so stop light to stop light CTD wins everytime, but get past that and I wouldn't bet on it. I topped the speedo out on the highway and it wasn't close to finished yet. All that taken into account it still wasn't worth keepin. Other than being one sweet ride at 100 plus mph everything else about it sucked wind.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Banned

A crew cab Hemi with intake/exhaust mods will run about a 16.83 1/4 mile @ 73mph or so...a 24 valve with a mild box and DD2's and stock auto will kick it's butt by 4 truck lengths! i know this first hand!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Heck. I ran a 16.2 with only the mods i have. A very mildly bombed CTD(more heavily bombed if a stick) will walk all over a Hemi. I think the Hemi is ok for a gas motor. I just like diesels(CTD's in other words)

Eric

Quick Reply: Truck Kills....