Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Truck-1 Toyota-0

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck-1 Toyota-0

I was involved in a hit and run this morning on the way to work. No, I wasnt the hitter, I was the hittee. I was merging onto the DC Beltway and another lane was merging into my lane. That lane has a Yield sign so I generally just go, I am not a jerk about it but I just keep on going down the road. If someone is in front of me when I get to the Yield sign then they have the right away. If they are not, they dont. He didnt. But man did he try. He started behind me, gunned his 1990s toyota to get ahead of me and tried to force his way into my lane. I did my best to ignor him till he made contact with my bumper. Then to maintain my proper forward direction of movement I was forced to steer into him. This pushed him off the road into the brakedown lane. I started to slow down at this point, thinking "well, this might make me late to school" when he cranks his wheel over and rams me. Go figure a Toyota sedan ramming a Dodge Ram. He didnt make contact with anything but my bumper a second time and this time I actually tried to push him away from me and he almost went off the road past the break down lane. I figure we are going to stop and exchange insurance now, really I did, but he guns it as hard as he can to get in front of me and takes off. I went after him fumbling for my cell phone trying to drive, follow him, find the phone and memorize his licence plate all at the same time. Only thing I wasnt able to do before he got away from me in traffic is the licence plate.

Anyways, no damage to me or my truck that I can see. I will post the pics from my gallery when they get aproved.

click on the little pic to enlarge
Old 02-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
If you haven't notified the police, you should before HE does and claims YOU were the Hit & Run driver.

Damage?......what damage?
Ya gotta love those aftermarket bumpers.

pics have been approved and added to your post.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:38 AM

Well, I'm not a cop, just a trucker, And I've driven the beltway (I feel your pain). Usually if you hit a vehicle with your front end, YOU are the hitter. Glad it worked out for you, heck, these days you don't know what kind of physco is in that other vehicle. I've been in similar situations many, many times. Imagine what would have happened if you would have turned him into other traffic, especially if anyone got hurt. Those idiots buy a POS car to drive to work specifically for those situations. Sometimes you just have to let the morons go. Why risk damage to your vehicle, and blemishes on your record?
Old 02-28-2006, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
If you haven't notified the police, you should before HE does and claims YOU were the Hit & Run driver.

Damage?......what damage?
Ya gotta love those aftermarket bumpers.

pics have been approved and added to your post.

I did actually call 911 and talk to an operator and stated the situation. No formal police involement though. No need, I dont know his licence plate number and there was no damage.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
But at least you notified proper authorities.