Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

troublesome time

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Unhappy troublesome time

Well folks I think I can vent a little here. Tomorrow I've got to go to court. The reason is that sometime in my ex company (I owned 1/3rd and the company got bankrupt mainly because one of the other 2 couldn't discriminate between company money and his own, so he took it all for his private "needs") we had a supplier for a certain service and I did co-sign the contract. In 2002 the company stopped delivering their services to us (because we didn't pay) and accepted to cancel the contract. I understood that I might have to pay for the services that hadn't been paid for. But now I've got to go to court to defend myself against the supplier wanting me to pay all the fees since 2002 until now. They have stopped any service to us end of september 2002- now they want to get paid for july 02 until end of 2004... If I lose this one I'm bankrupt. My situation now is that I've worked an average of 97 hours per week for three years to find out that it did cost me all that I had saved up before and then some- now it can cost me another 70 000 US$ .... I'm really depressed and do fear the future..
And this must happen exactly now when my business starts to show promising results.
Well, add having oil in the coolant, a good poriton of shudder and some other problems with my truck, a big customer going bankrupt and some medical troubles in the family and you see where it goes right now..

One good thing now is that this season's charityrunning went well- we were able to raise some money for a kid with multiple handicaps. I hope that I'll be in a situation to help with this and to sponsor some stuff like the webhosting etc next year.
Anyway I have to vent and I hope this will go out ok for me.... If not maybe there's some work for me in the states where I can get the cash together to be back to debt-free in a reasonable time.

Wish me luck!

AlpineRAM
Old 01-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow Markus... I had to do a double take on your post you and Scotty are both paddling in the same boat just about

Wish I had some glorified words of wisdom to help you through these times, but I don't. I know it's bad now, but you are the kind of guy who will turn all this around in no time at all. You are a decent man with a good heart, your devotion to your charity causes to help these disadvantaged children, clearly show your true nature.

Good luck on this mess and keep your chin up, you will get through it no matter what it takes

Best wishes Marcus I will be keeping you in our prayers my friend
Old 01-24-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Markus:

Hold your head high and you will get through this. We are all pulling for you and hope you get it worked out. A lot of people have been bankrupt (more than once) and have come out better in the long run. Wish you luck, and let us know how you are doing.

John (DH)
Old 01-25-2005, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck man. I can tell that you do it because you love it, but, make sure the judge is aware of all your charitable activities and maybe he will go a bit easier on you.
Have you made any kind of offers of repayment? Sometimes when someone's going to sue you, and they know that you will just go bankrupt and they won't get anything, they will accept a much lesser offer, even if it's just a small monthly payment.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I get in a bad situation, I just remember who the “Big Boss” is. He always has the last say and has my best interests in mind. Things haven’t always turned out the way I thought they should but they have always turned out to be the best for me in the long run.
Keep the faith and keep smiling it’s always the darkest before the dawn.
Good Luck!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck Markus!

Were all pulling for you!

Rich
Old 01-28-2005, 06:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good luck with your affairs Marcus. It does seem to pour on us at times. Keep the faith and know you can vent on us anytime.

On another note, good to hear from you, it's been a while.

Ed
Old 01-28-2005, 03:07 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well the outcome was that I have to pay- not the full amount but still very substantial $$$...
The support I got here shurely helped!
Now I've got to recover the losses from those ###### and try to get on with my company.
But I feel that I have learned a lot and that I'm still young enough to be able to make it much better !
I want to thank for the kind words and to apologise to all who wrote me pm-s or e-mails that I didn't answer.

Markus
Old 01-28-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you want to run with the big dogs you can't sit on the pourch.

Sigum! Alpine dude!