Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tree Funeral? WTH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WoW! Those people should be shot for upsetting the forest.

I liked the cotton clothes that many were wearing (cotton plant killers) and I liked the wooden drum the guy had. And those people are the type that like to wear wooden clogs for shoes and go home to houses made out of wood. Death by toothpick is too good for them.

Thanks again for getting me fired up. Ooooh speaking of fire-----
Old 03-31-2009, 11:48 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Whail on folks, Whail on....

Someone needs to school me on embedding links.

Perhaps this now belongs in the "Fail" thread.....

Got it!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 AM
DTR question asker

FAIL

10charmin
Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 AM

I have a different point of view.

Bunch of sad white people trying to imitate their idea of what Native Americans are like. Drums, whooping and screaming, shouting out their "love for nature" and generally acting like "noble savages".

Yuck. To them, I say: Get your own life, be who you really are, find your own path and stop trying to walk on mine.

Years ago I lived in Maine on 50 acres of hillside. "Summer people" from Boston who owned beach houses found out I was Native American and came out to my place to "be with me". They introduced themselves and started into a whole litany of how they admired "the Indians who loved the forest and took care of it."

I told them I was a Goshute from Nevada, and we had nothing taller than sagebrush. Then I pulled out a chainsaw and a shotgun from the bed of my pickup truck, and invited them to come along with me - I was going to cut down a few trees to get a better view from my front windows, and if I saw the coyote that had been bothering my trash, I was going to shoot it.

They left. I called them "the Druids". They called me "that awful Indian." Ah, well. Even a "liberal" can own a pickup truck, a chainsaw, a shotgun, and a killer attitude when it comes to scrub pine, coyotes, and self-righteous morons.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen those hippies before. I laugh everytime I see it.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gear Poet
I told them I was a Goshute from Nevada, and we had nothing taller than sagebrush. Then I pulled out a chainsaw and a shotgun from the bed of my pickup truck, and invited them to come along with me - I was going to cut down a few trees to get a better view from my front windows, and if I saw the coyote that had been bothering my trash, I was going to shoot it.
That's the kind of answer I'D give someone!

I wonder what these people do for toilet paper... certainly they can't use it as it's made from trees. I wouldn't be too eager to shake any of their hands.

chaikwa.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Gear Poet, that's pretty funny stuff.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Here is a version of the video in the original post that some one I know from another site made. It is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-vbV8bl84
Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by high bid
and on the flip side.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mudc...eature=related

I can't stop laughing
I don't find this one funny at all.....Total disregard for nature and blatant destruction is not at all funny.
But I did think the others were...
Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
I don't find this one funny at all.....Total disregard for nature and blatant destruction is not at all funny.
But I did think the others were...
I was waiting for this idiot to hit a solid tree and knock himself out... he looks as dumb as a tree hugger just on the other side of the spectrum.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM

I work at a university and we had a girl start here who was "concerned" about trees too. She said "we waste so many trees with paper, blah, blah, blah", I explained that "the most beautiful thing about a tree is what you can do with it once you cut it down, you can build a house, boat, burn it to keep you warm, make paper, build furniture, etc". Then she started to cry, my manager gave me "the look". She then started in about eating beef and how cows are so beautiful, etc. The next day for lunch I came in with a nice big steak that I bbq'd the night before. She started giving me heck for that, I told her "if God did not want us to eat cows, He would not have made them out of meat". Then she just sat down and really cried, I kinda felt bad, my manager took me in his office and said, "John, you just can't say that kind of stuff here, it was funny though..."

she did not make it past her probation period...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So stupid I couldn't watch. Those folks are even dumber than dirt.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This tree hugger video thing was an early April Fool's Day joke right?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:50 PM

see what happens when you dont allow natural selection to take place, you get people like them
Old 04-01-2009, 04:07 PM

MAN!... I've been getting quite a bit of mileage out of the original vid here at work. Same response from all viewing it!!!
It goes to show you that those "people" fervently believe that mankind is THE invader species.

DEFINITELY not enough chlorine in the gene pool.

Quick Reply: Tree Funeral? WTH?