Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Transposition of the Greater Arteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
That nurse deserves recognition beyond a thank you. She really saved his life by being on point that day.

I am happy for you. I grew up in the Medical world and can remember my father's comments about how everyone graduates medical school if they can tough it out. He is always amazed at the rudeness and lack of bedside manner many doctors have come to display. I know all about lawsuits and such taking away from the pursuit etc.

You are blessed to be surrounded by GOOD doctors and nurses.

Merry Christmas and God bless.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Well the biggest part of this ordeal is now over. David was released completely yesterday and we got him him last night. We've already got him ruint.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been following your ordeal since you posted the Facebook link. What a great Christmas this is going to be! Thanks so much for sharing and Merry Christmas to you ALL!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was born with the same issues, but was blessed by having the hole close up .(lots of prayers) I am now 50 and the only issue is when I go to see a new DR. I guess My heart makes a sound that makes the DRs. take a step back and start asking questions . :0 and now days I get real tired fast... but maybe its got more to do with age.
I have sent an "knee mail" for the little one and the family too.
Rebal
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rebal
I was born with the same issues, but was blessed by having the hole close up .(lots of prayers) I am now 50 and the only issue is when I go to see a new DR. I guess My heart makes a sound that makes the DRs. take a step back and start asking questions . :0 and now days I get real tired fast... but maybe its got more to do with age.
I have sent an "knee mail" for the little one and the family too.
Rebal
Make an appointment with a cardiologist asap! getting tired real fast is an early warning sign of occlusion(s). Be safe NOT sorry, go get checked.

Respectfully,
Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great news 1-2-3.....
Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like God DID bless Texas!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Make an appointment with a cardiologist asap! getting tired real fast is an early warning sign of occlusion(s). Be safe NOT sorry, go get checked.

Respectfully,
no worries...I see one (UC Davis head of cardiology)1x a month, he thinks me is OK. just have to drop 20# and drop coffee and drop salt and drop anything that tastes goodand if it tastes like card board its ok to eat
Old 12-16-2011, 01:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My 2nd son was born with this also. it was undiagnosed, so it was a huge surprise to us. within 2 hours of his birth he was diagnosed and he & i were on flight for life to denver childrens hospital. 6 days after he was born he had open heart surgery. this little guy has fully recovered!!! the drs say that if it wasn't for the scar they wouldn't be able to tell he had any issues. he just turned 10 months old on the 12th of december. perfectly healthy happy baby boy!!
its a terrible thing to have to go through, to see a sick baby. especially one thats yours or a close relative. i can't imagine life if we would have lost him. but thankfully these childrens cardiologists are amazing people. i have a whole newfound respect for the medical profession and the people that choose to work in it.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:01 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Only thing other thing I can say is hope everybody has a Merry Christmas. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
DTR Mom

ditto^^ and ditto on dropping more change in the ronald mcdonald charity check off cards we receive.......

we do airport runs for transplant patients, amazed to see how young they are!

so cool to have docs that stay interested too, not the ho hum, another surgery....

truly - God Bless! ....is it ok to breathe yet?!......
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Just a plain ole guy

His was unknown until after he was born. Several people have asked why it wasn't found before he was born. I'm glad it wasn't. We would have worried ourselves to death about it and we wouldn't have dome anything different, other than he would have been delivered in Austin. I don't know how true this is, but I read that it is diagnosed before delivery by measuring the degree that the arteries leave the heart. If i remember what I read, it was something like normal arteries are at 30 degrees and transposed are at 10. Something like that. And there are two types of transposition, that is defined by which artery is in front of the other.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How's he doing 1-2-3? Keep your spirits up my friend. My wee one that had this doing great. Just had his first Christmas. We are also glad we didn't about it prior to birth. it would have been a very stressful pregnancy. We were told that it's very difficult to spot on ultra sound. The drs have to look specifically for it. Our families dont have any history of heart issues, so there was no reason to look. I'm going to post a couple pics of the day he born, and a recent one, just so you can see how quick these little guys bounce back! its amazing!
Attached Thumbnails Transposition of the Greater Arteries-0212112320a.jpg   Transposition of the Greater Arteries-dsc02608.jpg  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Yesterday, at our home, we celebrated with friends and family, David's first birthday. But most importantly, we thanked God for the amazing life that he has put into this boy. I cannot imagine ever having a bigger blessing than David in our life and seeing him live and grow every day. Many of you here prayed for us and him way back then. This was in my thoughts yesterday as we celebrated, so I wanted to make sure I dug this post up and thank you all for this.

Quick Reply: Transposition of the Greater Arteries