Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

trail marker trees

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 10:42 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
I'm part Native American and know exactly what you mean. When I was a kid, such places scared the living daylights out of me. My mom taught me not to fear them, but to walk with them and learn from them. Alaska has a lot of hidden history if someone wanted to hear.
I've been all over the mountains and woods of western Arkansas and East Oklahoma. Other than a few places where you see signs of more modern life that you know you don't want to be around, i have never felt uncomfortable. It feels more like I'm among friends.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I've been all over the mountains and woods of western Arkansas and East Oklahoma. Other than a few places where you see signs of more modern life that you know you don't want to be around, i have never felt uncomfortable. It feels more like I'm among friends.
These ones seemed a lot friendlier before I cut down that one little hackberry.

I told the boss today I'd cut anything he wants me to out of the pasture or on the edge of the field, but I would not cut anything more there outside that wire, there was something there that doesn't like me cutting them down and what was happening last week. Told him about that big ash tree. He asked if I think we have Indians, I told him not today, but 100-150 or more years ago I am certain of it. His boy probably thinks I'm a bit of a whack job, but so be it.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:32 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just reading this thread gives me the creeps I do believe there is evil just as there is good. I don't play games anymore with this stuff as I did when I was a kid. My cousins and my sister and I we'd play all those games that would freak us all out, tell ghost stories. Bloody Mary, Ouija board, La Llorona, the Lady in White, etc Now that I'm an adult, heeeeeck no. Those thoughts are invasive and once you start thinking and looking for creepy, evil things then they come. No thanks. I don't even watch those scary paranormal movies when I'm home alone. I don't even like to watch them at home. I want to be able to leave the theater and leave that stuff behind.

Farmhand, glad you told the boss. Sounds like you are one who can pick up on these things. Don't mess with it, least I wouldn't.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:20 PM

I don't want to mess with it. I am going to see if I can get some "expert" opinion on that tree, maybe learning a little and being a little respectful of the old ways will appease them a little. There's a lot of good firewood down there I could cut but I'm not touching it, probably not even then.

Told the boss' dad I would not cut any more trees on that creek bank today. He asked if I thought I got a cat worked up (a mountain lion has been seen 2 miles north of me and we have bobcats), just told him I don't think it was a cat.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've had several instances where the "Flight" won over the "Fight". These conversation bring to mind Sleep Paralysis. Ever had that one? The conscious feeling of being held or pushed down into the bed and not being able to move. First time was the worst for me. Actually saw myself floating and looking down at myself being shoved deeper into the bed. Dark figures around the room looking at me. Turns out it is caused by your body reaching REM sleep but your mind doesn't. Doesn't help with the ******* though.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by sherod
I've had several instances where the "Flight" won over the "Fight". These conversation bring to mind Sleep Paralysis. Ever had that one? The conscious feeling of being held or pushed down into the bed and not being able to move. First time was the worst for me. Actually saw myself floating and looking down at myself being shoved deeper into the bed. Dark figures around the room looking at me. Turns out it is caused by your body reaching REM sleep but your mind doesn't. Doesn't help with the ******* though.
You know I don't think I've ever had sleep paralysis. I've heard of other folks experiencing it. It sounds terrifying.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
"Those creepy feelings" and dreams both occur in the subconscious. One wide awake, the other sound asleep. Understanding the cause allows you to redirect your reaction to them. I know that man is far more than we allow ourselves to believe in. After all, we were made in the image of God. We leave shadows behind of our lives that those who will listen can hear, and see. The only reason we fear these images and sounds is Hollywood trained us to fear them. In reality, they are the daily activities of everyday human life.
NE frmhnd, the reason you feel like you "trespassed" is because in that shared space you did and your mind perceives it leaving you with a feeling of guilt.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:05 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

These conversation bring to mind Sleep Paralysis. Ever had that one?
-I have had it and have also had to try and convince others who have experienced it that they were dreaming and it wasn't real.
-Thanks to sleep clinics and video its now a lot easier to prove to somebody that what they had was a dream, not a real life exerience.
They really didn't fly around or there weren't any strange people sitting on their bed.
-My wifes mother had the same experience for years. She firmly believed that a small girl child was coming into her room, motioning to her to follow her.
When she would try to follow she would be paralyzed.
It was incredibly real to her and frightening.
-We finally started video taping her sleep and were able to show that nobody was coming in the room, it was just a sleep paralysis dream.
Its still a very strange experience.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you can realize what is happening fast enough, just wiggling your toes or yawning seems to break the cycle almost immediately. If you are to late, all you can do is ride it out. The first time for me was in a very stressful period of my life. Now, about once every 4 months or so. I have got to the point of trying to beat it with the wiggle, or if too late, saying Wow! That was fun!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Kinda like flashbacks I guess?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:01 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

That is the way I go to sleep most of the time...

There are times and places where your hair stands up for no reason. there are times when you know someone is watching when you're alone. If you're doing something and getting the *******, stop doing it.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
What happened when you wake up from a nightmare and you have marks or scratches on your body?

Your id will get you every time.

I have the feeling of people in my house watching me all the time, almost every night I will see someone standing in the hall or in the living room and then walking away, not a shadow but a dim image and not out of the corner of my eye either, I can look right at them and watch the person move.

I have many times been sitting on the floor and have a feeling to turn around and see them disappear down the hall, things in the house will move, doors will close, also they are usually small children and not adults, my wife also see them and describes them the same.

They do not scare us but sometimes gives us an uneasy feeling like something is about to happen or a few times we both had a bad feeling right before something bad did happen.

When my daughter was first born she spent many months in NICU and I saw a lot of small shadowy children in the rooms and halls especially when it was dark and quiet.

Have you ever pondered the thought your real life is when you are asleep and you are only dreaming having the nightmare that you are awake?

Jim
Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Jim, sounds like some of those paranormal ghost hunter shows I see on tv now and then.

And did yall know that when signed out the word "*******" get censored out? What's that about?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Jim, sounds like some of those paranormal ghost hunter shows I see on tv now and then.

And did yall know that when signed out the word "*******" get censored out? What's that about?
Old 12-29-2013, 10:25 AM

I love the AP clips

Quick Reply: trail marker trees