Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Toyota Tacoma Rusted frame and factory warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
a good friend of mine just did the buy back. He had a 2001 Tacoma for 7 years (bought used) excellent condition but the dealer found traces of frame rust. He bought drove it for 7 years for right around $700.00 (difference in original purchase price and buy back amount) and got a brand new truck for $15k. Knock Toyota all you want but you'll NEVER see dodge do anything like this. If the frame on my 05 rusts through in 7 years Dodge will give me a coupon for 1/2 off my next tire rotation.
Lets not pat Toyota to hard on the back. They never bought back a early truck that had a rusty frame, and everyone in New England had a rusty frame. The only reason they did the buy back was to sell more trucks and bump up the sales figures so they could be #1 in sales. It did not matter that this #1 rank was a fake # or how much it cost Toyota to do it. The only thing they were concerned with was beating out GM as #1 car sales in the world. If they were #3 or 4 in the world they would never have done the buy back.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by badme
Lets not pat Toyota to hard on the back. They never bought back a early truck that had a rusty frame, and everyone in New England had a rusty frame. The only reason they did the buy back was to sell more trucks and bump up the sales figures so they could be #1 in sales. It did not matter that this #1 rank was a fake # or how much it cost Toyota to do it. The only thing they were concerned with was beating out GM as #1 car sales in the world. If they were #3 or 4 in the world they would never have done the buy back.
Well I'm not going to say this is true or not I have no idea of knowing this and neither do you unless you work in the upper management of Toyota. However that being said if your the one that just got one of the best deals ever, you don't care how or why they offered this. All you know, or in the case of my friend you got to own a nice truck for 7 years with nothing more than routine PM (tires, oil ect....) and you simply drive it to a dealer and they hand you a check for $700 less than you paid for it 7 yrs earlier. And give you another $1000 off a new truck or $500 off a certified used one. And they give you a rental car until the deal is complete. Now I'd bet if you simply change the name Toyota to Chrysler or Dodge (especially on a brand bias site like this one) the cheerleading would be nonstop. I'm not bashing your post, what you say may be true but if you hand me a check I'll wave whatever flag you want.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
Well I'm not going to say this is true or not I have no idea of knowing this and neither do you unless you work in the upper management of Toyota. However that being said if your the one that just got one of the best deals ever, you don't care how or why they offered this. All you know, or in the case of my friend you got to own a nice truck for 7 years with nothing more than routine PM (tires, oil ect....) and you simply drive it to a dealer and they hand you a check for $700 less than you paid for it 7 yrs earlier. And give you another $1000 off a new truck or $500 off a certified used one. And they give you a rental car until the deal is complete. Now I'd bet if you simply change the name Toyota to Chrysler or Dodge (especially on a brand bias site like this one) the cheerleading would be nonstop. I'm not bashing your post, what you say may be true but if you hand me a check I'll wave whatever flag you want.
I was just saying that if they were #3 or #4 in the world this would not have happened. They never bought back a truck before. The deal is great and you are right. who would not love a deal like that. Ford and Chrysler would never offer a deal like that unless they were #2 in the world and want to be #1 no matter what the cost is. If this was not true then where was Toyota in the 70's, 80's,and 90's? All those trucks had rusty frames.