Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tops "Sitrep" breakroom..soundoff! October 17-23

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ofcmarc
I keep a bit of that for starting the next pot with.
typical Alaskan....keeping his secret starter batch......sourdough....lol!

Shorts, good on the soccer play , sorry it wasn't a sporting game for the other team. ties are good only when you can make the other team feel like losers...heheheh

40 and sunny here...taking advantage of it. hubby is mowing, I am forcing myself to R & R the Harley starter and go for a ride this afternoon- high of 60 cloudy.

situation : PT done, chow was good. chewing on coffee for energy bars....
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Happy Holloween

Play this. It's interactive

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/pr...25133/graphic1
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
typical Alaskan....keeping his secret starter batch......sourdough....lol!
We keep a lot of things. Never know when you might need it. Even a brain mushroom contains monomethylhydrazine.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Hide your wives, your cats and sheep!!! Top is on the loose and needs some action.. No Chaikwa dont run towards him, run the other direction

Morning.. Move is finally over and I'm tired.
That means we're not safe either. He's into anything.

Speaking of Chaikwa, where is that masked man??? Last we heard from him, he had been at Hiedi's house. I wonder if she has him locked in the basement or something. It is close to holloween you know.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
DTR Mom

ok, steve- for the last time- he doesn't come here, we have coyotes and he can't run. we meet in batavia,ny where people are....

chaikwa is busy with sheep of a different kind- fire safety month at the michigan schools... PM and say you miss him.

took harley starter out, tested it, worked fine. looked at purchased starters,
my rebuild is still better. put back original starter and went for ride to dealer for gloves (lost my mittens this year), hubby decided to get his bike serviced...sat around for four hours. so much for a sunny ride. oh well, he bought me a taco for supper.

apartment rental moves in tomorrow. we put in driveway lights for her as she has never been out in the country before. same age as my kiddo. city gal though, so we will laugh.....ssshhhhhh!

cincy glad you lived through moving , man...adult beverage to ya
Old 10-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
ok, steve- for the last time- he doesn't come here, we have coyotes and he can't run. we meet in batavia,ny where people are....

chaikwa is busy with sheep of a different kind- fire safety month at the michigan schools... PM and say you miss him.
Ouch! You hit too hard
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaraco
Ouch! You hit too hard
She's tough as nails!...that's why we love her so much around here
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Evenin' gang,

Tired tonight - - rather draining day. Had the memorial service of wife's cousin. Neat guy, worked for me for years along with his son. They (he and his wife) were good friends of ours. Sudden heart attack watching TV while she was in kitchen making supper. She couldn't get him to the floor, ran next door for neighbor and called 911. Got him breathing again but too long without oxygen. No brain function - - died three days later when they removed breathing machine. Well liked in his subdivision and ran most of the activities at clubhouse. Military service. His wife was a basket case - - relied on me for her support to get her thru the day. Sucks the life out of you. We will miss him.

Originally Posted by cougar
We keep a lot of things. Never know when you might need it. Even a brain mushroom contains monomethylhydrazine.
Hey Cougar - - my mom raised those in the window - - told me eat a bunch and it would make me smart - - didn't help a bit. (Just teasin')

Tomorrow I dive into the list of ToDo's after being gone 2 months. Wow it is long, plus neighbor called and has a little electrical problem for me to fix. Her husband is dying of cancer and can't do anything anymore. Tough.

Enough somber stuff - - hope all are doing well - - Heidi and her Harley - - go girl - - have fun. I will remember you on my Kawasaki.

OK, I'm tired - - mama is all ready in the bedroom watching TV so guess I will go keep her company. Probably drop off watching. Have a gudurn and don't mess with the ph00 - - I think a certain Canuck was in here again - - just doesn't look or smell right. ......

Bob
Old 10-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Bobby, glad you are home safe and sound. Enjoy the Pho0o Go0o Alturd just 4 Ewe.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Welcome Home Bob, so sorry to hear about your Wife's Cousin, please pass a long our deepest condolences to her and yourself of course.

Sounds like he went quickly and even though that doesn't make it any easier, it sure beats some of the other ways we can check out.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Evenin' all!

Snow is on the ground and apparently everyone forgot how to drive again..... Car wrecks everywhere. Happens every year.

Coffee is brewing. Used a teaspoon full of the "starter"..... Hang on to your dentures......
Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evenin. Nothin much going on.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Wanders in to the Duty Office and grabs a chair next to Madhats desk......pours a shot of Crown in the Mads coffee and asks "Whats up?"
Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
She's tough as nails!...that's why we love her so much around here
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Her bark is fiercer than her bite.

*****Polaraco ducks flying fire wood*****
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Wanders in to the Duty Office and grabs a chair next to Madhats desk......pours a shot of Crown in the Mads coffee and asks "Whats up?"

I say "I can't believe that you could get the crown to pour in the coffee... usually it just sits on the top!"

Mornin, SgtMaj! Just getting ready to hit the gym and start the day off right. No worries.

Mornin everyone else. Chest and biceps this morning, maybe some abs if I get a minute. Then a run at lunch.

I don't know if anyone has heard, but the Marine Corps is going sleeves down full time now... when we wear our cammies in the summer, we roll the sleeves up... now were going down all the time. Funny how things change.

Ok, off to work.

Quick Reply: Tops "Sitrep" breakroom..soundoff! October 17-23