Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah you guys. Ricer or Hardly Dangerous? Who cares? Remember this; "If it ain't Brit, it ain't worth (saving admin edit time)" Norton. Commando. 850. The exhaust note that you all wish you had. P.S. I wave at all the bikes I meet. Don't wanna upset anyone, in case I need their help rewiring . Honestly though, I've owned it since 1976, and it's never quit on me.
They're all good when they're running. Snobs can be found riding or driving anything. Most people however are decent. Had more than one Harley guy tell me " that is one cool exhaust sound" and I always agree. Rick
Old 09-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Old Joke.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?

A: Because they use Lucas components in their refridgerators.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Reading all these posts brought back lots of bike riding memories. Will share a couple of stories with you, even tho it is not quite on theme.

Years ago while riding my Triumph SpeedTwin (500 cc, sprung rear hub. Always leaking oil and the Lucas generator never did work properly) in South Africa, I was following my buddy on a dirt road. He was on a Norton 650 single cylinder. I had hung back a bit to stop eating his dust when I saw him suddenly hit the brakes, jump off his bike and actually let it fall over. I pulled up next to him and he was jumping around obviously in great pain. All he could gasp out was "Pee in my eye. Pee in my eye" Actually the word was not 'pee' but can not use his actual words here. In South Africa there is a small bug that is called a stink bug. Its defense when touched is to emit a stink that can rival a skunk. When these things get in an eye the pain is unbearable. The only way to diminish the pain is to use copious amounts of water and wash out whatever the bug left in the eye. Being in the middle of nowhere the only water available was pee. I could not bring myself to do this and my buddy was in pain for ages until his tears naturally washed everything out. He never really did forgive me for allowing the pain to continue for so long

On another trip, following this same buddy, but this time at high speed on a paved road I again saw him pull over in a hurry. He jumped off his bike and AGAIN let it just fall over. Before I could reach him, he had pulled of his shirt and had his pants half off. Apparently he had ridden through a swarm of bees and many of the bees had got inside his open shirt and pants. He only ended up with a couple of stings and no real lasting problems. He was mad at me for rolling on the ground laughing. Can't imagine why.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lucas Lighting,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "The Prince of Darkness" and just what the heck does that "Zeener Diode" do anway?
I like the Limey bikes too, although I've never owned one. There were some down here running in the dirt drags that were killers and a buddy of mine had one that I would ride sometimes when I was sober enough to remember that the shifter and brake were opposite from my Sporty.
BTW,,,,,, I wave at any bike,,,,, always have,,,,,, always will. I remember that when I rode my first bike (a 75 Harley XS-175) at 16,,,,,,,,,, two guys on Hogs pulled up beside me at a light and shouted, "Why don't ya let that thing grow up before ya try riding it" ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I smoked em for the first 50 yards leaving the light! Then I got the 79 Sporty and the comments didn't stop,,, "If it ain't a 74, ya ain't got ____" ,,,,, so then I got the Shovel and you still have the guys that say "If ya ain't got an Evo,,,, Pan,,,,,, Flatheads are real bikes,,,,,, naw,,,,,,, Knuckles are the only real motorcycles"
What the heck,,,,,,,,,,, I could be happy on a Vespa or a Cushman if that's all I could get!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattlin, everybody knows that the zeener diode keeps the smoke IN your wires by keeping the electricity out!!