Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jeff in TD
Question: What's the difference between a Harley motorcycle and a Hoover vacuum cleaner?

Answer: The position of the dirtbag.

I ride one, and I thought that was funny... Some people are utterly humorless when it comes to their choice of motorcycle.
I take offense to that...As a matter of fact, I find most udders very humorous!!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:10 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by apache
Hum, how bout the reasons garbagewing riders dont wave back, I ride a HD and wave, seems most crotch rocketeers wave as well, and typically we dont get along. Heck, well even pull over to help a person .Still havent figured out them wingers though, To busy tryin to figure out all them gizmos. Oh well ,no loss in my book. If you wanna be a snob ,have at it.
Naaaaa, you guys just don't understand.... they WANT to waive, really, really bad. But if they let go of the button to activate their 2 way radio, they'll have to pull over to find it again.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How bout a annual CTD/bike owners day, then we can all hash it out face to face. Well have one of them biker rodeos and see who is king. BTW, im preparing edit for a trip to Alaska. any advice?????????????
Old 09-03-2004, 10:39 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Apache,

You are going to Alaska on the Wide Glide? Cool! I've been thinking about that myself, perhaps riding up and taking the ferry boat on the way back...

Let us know how it goes.

P.S. If a bunch of DTR guys got together to hash out who has the better bike, wouldn't we have to have a sled pull? If so, I'd have to figure out how to put an ISB into one of those 505ci big block Boss Hoss things...
Old 09-03-2004, 11:30 AM

Theres an idea. Just yank the V10 DC put in the bike they made.Got access to a 383 mag powered trike (death trap) Ill bring it. Actually I wont be riding my HD. We plan on hitting many back roads(dirt and who knows). This will necissitate naturally the purchase of a new bike. gonna go with a Triumph Tiger or BMW GS series. We really want to make a off the beaten path run. Its gonna be a while before it comes together. BTW, as I am told by reliable sorces (cant say) there will be a side hack powered by a V Rod mill next year in the Paris Dakar. This is not HD sponsered ( to bad for HD if he wins). Any of you guys gonna compete in the Adelanto gran prix next year? Im gonna be driver in a hack of my buddies. Were out for blood, so look out
Old 09-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
NHRA.com Pro Stock Bike Points leaders

from www.dragbike.com
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
How bout a annual CTD/bike owners day, then we can all hash it out face to face. Well have one of them biker rodeos and see who is king. BTW, im preparing edit for a trip to Alaska. any advice?????????????
I have done the Alcan 4 times on bikes over the years, twice on Harleys- and there is one thing you MUST know- there are ALWAYS long stretches of gravel road because they are ALWAYS "improving" the hiway- wear a full face helmet, if you never have in your entire life, wear it then- the semis go about 80 on these gravel roads- and my riding buddy, with an open faced helmet- ended up in the hospital in Whitehorse. It was not pretty and he bares the scars to this day, it knocked out 4 teeth!

Now, this is not a slam, but Harleys don't handle so well on the dirt ( as most street bikes) so figure in some extra time to go slow.

Be safe, it is a great ride, but can be a real edit in places- oh, and definately stop at Liard hot springs to soak that edit in some healing waters- definately makes for a better ride the rest of the way- and if you are going through Wyoming- stop in Saratoga at the hot springs and do the same thing! (I drove a Harley up for my uncle all the way from Florida about 10 years ago, it is a great trip)

Are you planning on coming up this year, or this late in the year? If so, it is already snowing off and on, not sticking, but flurries, in the Yukon! If you are coming up this year- e-mail me or PM me, I have a friend from Ramchargercentral.com arriving tomorow or the next day and he will have the most up to date news on road quality!

There are fires still in northern Alaska- so the smoke can be very bad, but the rains have begun, so they may be out in a week or so.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:03 PM

All due respect to your buddy, but im still laughin about the teeth thing.Kinda like watchin your buddy puke his brains out from to much booze, its just funny. Personally I try to use the right tool for the job well say, and I dont think a HD would be a wise choice. It gonna be next year if that soon, but we will look you up. I hope to have my other half join in with us, but with the time element we would have to find a looooooong term animal sitter etc.
Is it true the skeeters are big enough to carry off a small child? Them buggers seem to like me. guess im gonna have to tow a 55 gal drum of deet behind me
Old 09-03-2004, 02:31 PM

Is that you shovelhead on the dragger? the HD drags were this past weekend in Oregon. Did you make it up there?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:52 PM

Is it true the skeeters are big enough to carry off a small child? Them buggers seem to like me. guess im gonna have to tow a 55 gal drum of deet behind me
YES YES YES- it is the Alaska state bird!!!

Kill one and feed a family of four- let it get you, and you will be drained dry LOL

Just be sure and get ahold of me before you leave so I can give you the heads up were the construction is!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Is that you shovelhead on the dragger? the HD drags were this past weekend in Oregon. Did you make it up there?
I wish.........

That's Andrew Hines of Vance & Hines fame.
He's leading the points race in NHRA Pro Stock Bike.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Apache,

I'd do the BMW GS before the Tiger... I may have bought a BMW when I got my HD, but they didn't have the 9.5 gal tank PD version.

As it is, the girlfriend wouldn't go on that long of a trip on a bike, so if I get to go, it may be with the bike in the toyhauler...or solo.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:53 PM

Thats what im leaning towards. My riding buddy has a 04 GS cant remember the special package it has. He put jesse panniers and some other goodies, even came stock with a GPS unit. He swares by it. He motos that thing like a 200lb toy. There pretty tough it seems. Beats riding it to Starbucks like I see most doing with them. Love to get my hands on a GSPD red/white 9 gal tank. very cool bike.
well have to swing by and ride up with you. Definatly be the adventure of my life time.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:45 PM

The paris Dakar bikes seem to be the best suited for the Alcan trips BTW- I believe Triumph makes one as well- but many guys/gals head from here up the Dalton Hiway- which is all gravel, shared with big rigs only pretty much!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Jeff in TD
If a bunch of DTR guys got together to hash out who has the better bike, wouldn't we have to have a sled pull? If so, I'd have to figure out how to put an ISB into one of those 505ci big block Boss Hoss things...
I came across a show on the Travel Channel this week that featured bikes and trikes pulling sleds. They were running V-twin engines. The bikes had a fat tractor-type tire in the back and a knobby that looked like it was off an old ATC up front. The trikes were set up similarly. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction...

Quick Reply: Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back