Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 12:00 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang I agree with Hoss twice in one liftime?
Maybe I better see a Dr?

We all drive the Harley of the truck world.

And all you who ride be safe.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't ride a bike anymore, I used to play in the dirt. But as far as Ramlovingvet said "And all you who ride be safe." I have seen some of the most stupid moves ever come from bikers! In a traffic jam riding down between rows af cars? I have been cutoff by some----on a bike. With that kind of crap going on no wonder some of them get run over!! And then cry about it!!! If you ride be smart. You won't win a war with 4-7 thousand pounds of steel!!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DANG, Guys, lighten UP!!!! This was supposed to be a joke. Jeez, nobody was attacking your choice of scoots.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Oh,...........never mind.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Banned

I guess sometimes the truth hurts.

When I had my ricer, I would wave at every bike I passed. probably 75% of the time, the Harly guys wouldn't acknowledge... like they were too cool to wave at someone on a lowly bike other than a Harley. I just shrugged and let it go; I've got nothing to prove and don't care whether the "ubercool Hog riders" approve of me and/or my bike.

Just my experience. I also rode with a couple buddies and their Hogs - they didn't care... it was about the ride.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:12 PM

I wave to everybody that wants to wave sometimes first to wave and sometimes return the wave and sometimes I just don't feel like waving. It is not a fashion statement or cool thing to me. I do get funny looks when someone counts the shifts 6 gears on a Harley? Really makes the rocket men scratch their heads.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 PM

I got strange looks from a group of crotch rockets a couple of years ago when they were running approx 110 on a nearby highway, looked back, and me and "Old Blue" were right on their tail.
Of course I was at redline in 4th and they were probably in 2nd gear.........
Old 09-01-2004, 08:37 PM

Re: Re: Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Hmmmmmm.....
Maybe 'cuz we tired of having folks constantly posting this kinda crap...........
Talk about stereotyping..........

If yer knees are in the breeze, yer OK by me.

Both scoots paid for a looong time ago.
(wish I could say that about the truck)
Warranty........that's fer car owners.
I am my own warranty/repair station........for all my vehicles.
Shovelhead, Your comment is right on. CruisingRam, what do you ride?
Old 09-01-2004, 08:50 PM

Check MnTom's post 'bout 6 up from here.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by MnTom
DANG, Guys, lighten UP!!!! This was supposed to be a joke. Jeez, nobody was attacking your choice of scoots.
Everyone doesn't see it that way. If I happen to see Cruising on the road I'll be sure to wave to him...WITH ONE FINGER!! I wouldn't want to disappoint him.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:51 PM
db

Here's another one.

Q--Why do Honda riders wear full face helmets????

A--Well if I were on one I wouldn't want anyone to know it was me either!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW -- I thought that your joke was pretty funny myself.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Banned

Ricers suck bottom line
Old 09-01-2004, 11:51 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Originally posted by Buzz
Shovelhead, Your comment is right on. CruisingRam, what do you ride?
Right now I have 2 bikes- a V65 sabre and a 1977 KZ 900- I will probably buy a ST1300 next spring, as my wife is liking the motorcycle jaunts we have been taking.

I slam harleys alot, I know, but only because of some personal experiances, the most recent this summer at the "christmas in July" ride- a charity event, as described above, with about 50% Harley's, 50% other, and about 1% of those harley guys making slams on others bikes, very loudly as they walked around.

On most of the "other" bike forums, I see this joke posted regularly- it certainly seems to be the general feeling that harley riders, a SMALL percentage of them anyway, are bike snobs

Though, I have owned a couple of Harleys, my personal preference is not for them- whatever you ride, more power to ya, enjoy. Ride safe.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:23 AM
Chapter President

I ride America V-twins (not Harley's) and I own 7 Harleys.....Plus I deal with both Metric and America bike riders so I hear both sides of the Snobby way both sides feel toward each other

This is the way I feel.......Its not what you ride thats important......Its the fact that your able to get the wind in your face because its the "same wind no matter what your ridin"

In my area there are 2 types of waves......The low open hand wave that V-twin riders give each other......and the higher closed hand wave V-twin riders give to other bikes

I wave at everyone except when I'm using my hand on the clutch or in heavy traffic when I need to be ready to operate my clutch

And believe this Custom bike riders even look down on Harley riders and Metric riders.....they feel they are "Top Dog Of The Pack"
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Question: What's the difference between a Harley motorcycle and a Hoover vacuum cleaner?

Answer: The position of the dirtbag.

I ride one, and I thought that was funny... Some people are utterly humorless when it comes to their choice of motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back