Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Among most bike riders- the question always is- why are harley riders so rude? LOL

TOP TEN REASONS HARLEY RIDERS MAY NOT WAVE BACK

10. Afraid it will invalidate extended warranty.

9. Leather and studs make it too hard to raise the arm.

8. Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.

7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.

6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.

5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.

4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice burner manufacturers.

3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.

2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.

and the Number One reason Harley riders don't wave back:

1. They're jealous that after spending $20,000, they still don't own a Gold Wing (or a BMW, or a Triumph, or wotever your personally favorite marque is).
Old 08-31-2004, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uh, yeah.....right.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hum, how bout the reasons garbagewing riders dont wave back, I ride a HD and wave, seems most crotch rocketeers wave as well, and typically we dont get along. Heck, well even pull over to help a person .Still havent figured out them wingers though, To busy tryin to figure out all them gizmos. Oh well ,no loss in my book. If you wanna be a snob ,have at it.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Administrator

I never initiate a wave, but always return the ones given by the HD riders.

Bout half of them wave, half don't.

phox
Old 08-31-2004, 05:51 PM

You're kidding right? My $12k FatBoy has been paid off for almost 10years. There was no luxury tax, my tats are old, it's way too hot for leather, don't care for studs (I prefer chicks), warranty is long gone, wife likes the vibration ,yep it's got japanese parts on it, never seen anyone cover their ears but I've seen people roll a window down to hear it , I don't wear a helmet, and last but not least, I owned a used Goldwing in '79 before I could afford my first Harley. What a cheesy gawdy pile of garbage that was. How could anyone be jealous of a Goldwang? If Harley didn't exist, I'd probably have a Valkrie if that's how you spell it. But you can have the garbage truck. Nothing wrong with Beemers or Turnips if you're into that kinda bike...
I don't wave to men on motorcycles. I wave to chicks who might want a ride!
Old 08-31-2004, 06:02 PM

No helmet????? you must live in a state of the free still. Obviously not Kalifornia. Yeah I know, to everyone who will preach about helmets. But hey, it my choice. wonder when OSHA will start inspecting scoots. then were all in trouble.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 PM

" what ever you ride, just enjoy the ride" After 25 yrs. of riding, I found that it's generally the "newbies" that are brand arrogant. I wave whenever possible (traffic)
Old 08-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Banned

The main reason is when your RAM is louder than their Hog..

Pitbull chopper coming soon..
Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back

Originally posted by CruisingRam
Among most bike riders- the question always is- why are harley riders so rude? LOL
Hmmmmmm.....
Maybe 'cuz we tired of having folks constantly posting this kinda crap...........
Talk about stereotyping..........

If yer knees are in the breeze, yer OK by me.

Both scoots paid for a looong time ago.
(wish I could say that about the truck)
Warranty........that's fer car owners.
I am my own warranty/repair station........for all my vehicles.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The bike doesn't make the man, or the woman, for that matter. I wave as soon as I'm close enough to be see by the other rider, regardless of manufacturer. As the minority on the road, we gotta stick together to be seen. Love a harley, but it'd cut into my ctd savings 20k on my '02 yammi vstar 1100.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:50 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Well, maybe as there are more and more bikes on the road anyway it might start getting tedious to do the wave anymore LOL- this summer has been a super dry super warm summer by our standards, and there are a million bikes on the road this year!

But, most of the bike forums notice what I do- 95% of bike riders "do the wave" - except A SMALL PERCENTAGE of the harley guys.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Oddly, most Harley guys would wave when I rode Hondas and Suzukis. Later, when I had a Buell, fewer Harley guys would wave. Other Harleys seemed to approve and would stop and check it out.

My thoughts on the subject: If you enjoy riding a motorcycle of any brand, we share something in common. If you wave and I see it, I will wave back. Life is too short to worry about who didn't wave back to me, and I can't see getting too fanatical about any brand.

P.S. Can I tell a Harley joke without flaming anyone off, considering I ride one myself?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:41 AM

CruisingRam, Did one of your girlfriends ride off on someones Harley? This isn't the first post you've made about us Harley riders, what's up?

Barry
Old 09-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow.....and here I thought this thread was supposed to be a joke. I'm not a biker by any means (I prefer four wheels thank you), but some of you guys need to lighten up.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:53 AM

I'm a Goldwing rider and I figure that by the time you've made the financial committment to buy a Hog or a Big ricer you're a biker and I wave at everyone.

Quick Reply: Top Ten Reasons Harley Riders May Not Wave Back